Kirbyville vs. Anahuac Predictions?/IT'S GAME DAY!!!

KFDM COOP

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never been a fan of the Anahauc Panthers. I'm probably the happiest person in Texas to see their coach there in Anahauc, since that means he's not at HD anymore. With that being said, I would LOVE to see Anahauc pull this one off somehow. Kirbyville is the better team, no question. Can they win by 30+ points?, without a doubt. But you know what, that's why they play the game. There are tons of examples of great teams losing to overacheiving teams, and in the playoffs, it's one and done. Anahauc isn't a pushover and I promise you, they have a pile of athletes this year. All you Kirbyville fans, I think if the game is even within 14points, most of you should be eating that famous Crow you like to bring up. Big Bird I know you're coming up with a scheme to shut these boys down!! I'm not a total believer, but I'm a total supporter.

Go Panthers!!!

I'm not a Kville native, but I live there now and am a total Wildcat fan! My kids attended school in Hardin before moving to Kville, and I can say Anahuac has speed and always has. That being said, there is not doubt that our Wildcats have them beat on every front, though. We WILL be moving on to third round!!

The best of luck to both teams!

Go Wildcats!! ;D

I've never been a fan of the Anahauc Panthers. I'm probably the happiest person in Texas to see their coach there in Anahauc, since that means he's not at HD anymore. With that being said, I would LOVE to see Anahauc pull this one off somehow. Kirbyville is the better team, no question. Can they win by 30+ points?, without a doubt. But you know what, that's why they play the game. There are tons of examples of great teams losing to overacheiving teams, and in the playoffs, it's one and done. Anahauc isn't a pushover and I promise you, they have a pile of athletes this year. All you Kirbyville fans, I think if the game is even within 14points, most of you should be eating that famous Crow you like to bring up. Big Bird I know you're coming up with a scheme to shut these boys down!! I'm not a total believer, but I'm a total supporter.

Go Panthers!!!

Good luck Panthers from the West side of Chambers county. Hope you have better Luck with those Cats than we did. Win or lose you Guys have alot to be proud of. You came a long way through a ton of adverse conditions. GOOD LUCK!!!

USELESS INFO

ANAHUAC HAS PLAYED    W-L        score                            Kville has played      W-L      score

Kinkaid- private              4-5        19-0 W                      Diboll 3a    playoff        8-3      36-28w

Danbury                        4-6        13-27 L                      Jasper 3a    playoffs      4-6      44-43w

Concordia-private          6-6        47-21w                      Center 3a                    3-7        35-0 w

HJ    3A  Playoffs            4-6        29-34L                      Crockett 3a  playoffs      6-5        39-6 w

Hardin  playoffs              6-3        35-13 w                    Shelbyville                    6-4        61-7 w

EC    playoffs              5-4        47-12w                      Himphill                        2-8        54-6W

Kountz                        4-4        28-21 w                    Woodville                      3-6        50-7w

Warren                        2-8        51-0 W                      San Augustine  playoffs  5-5        54-7w

Buna                            6-3        29-21w                      Newton        playoffs    7-3        42-27w

Deweyville                    4-5        38-13w                    CC              PLAYOFFS  8-2        35-15W

OUTSCORING OPPTS

360-175                    450-146

USELESS INFO

ANAHUAC HAS PLAYED    W-L         score                             Kville has played      W-L      score

Kinkaid- private              4-5        19-0 W                       Diboll 3a     playoff        8-3       36-28w

Danbury                        4-6        13-27 L                      Jasper 3a    playoffs       4-6       44-43w

Concordia-private           6-6        47-21w                      Center 3a                     3-7        35-0 w

HJ    3A  Playoffs            4-6         29-34L                      Crockett 3a  playoffs      6-5        39-6 w

Hardin  playoffs              6-3         35-13 w                     Shelbyville                    6-4        61-7 w

EC     playoffs               5-4         47-12w                      Himphill                         2-8        54-6W

Kountz                         4-4         28-21 w                     Woodville                      3-6        50-7w

Warren                         2-8         51-0 W                      San Augustine  playoffs   5-5        54-7w

Buna                            6-3         29-21w                      Newton         playoffs     7-3        42-27w

Deweyville                     4-5         38-13w                     CC               PLAYOFFS   8-2        35-15W

OUTSCORING OPPTS

360-175                     450-146

Looks like K-ville's got the game to me  ;D

;D

Rankings, Wildcats don’t scare Anahuac

By Nick Cioci

The Baytown Sun 

Published November 20, 2008

ANAHUAC — The Anahuac Panthers football team will play in its first postseason game since 2003 tonight when they take on No. 2-ranked Kirbyville at Little-Cypress Mauriceville at 7 p.m.

In that time, Kirbyville has gone 7-4 in the playoffs and made it to the regional round three out of the four years.

The Panthers finished as undefeated district champs in District 23-2A, going 6-0 on in district and 8-2 overall.

That offers a sharp contrast to last year’s team that went 2-8 overall and 1-5 in district play.

Part of Anahuac’s improved play has been the offense, which is led by senior quarterback Jacob Pesina and senior running back Deior McNeil.

“The coaches have been pushing us since the offseason and trying to keep us focused,†Pesina said. “It’s a big thing (winning the district title) in this town and it’s gotten us a lot more support.â€

McNeil, who has 1,298 yards and 25 touchdowns on 134 carries, agrees with his teammate that working out every day has helped the team turn it around.

“We started trusting him (Coach Barbay),†McNeil said. “When I was a freshmen and sophomore, we had two or three new coaches, so the coach staying and not giving up on us helped us a lot. He led us to the district title.â€

Both players say they don’t care about the high ranking the Wildcats have.

“We don’t care about the rankings,†Pesina said. “It’s only a number. If we just come to play, we should be able to win.â€

McNeil agrees with his quarterback, who has passed for 587 yards and six touchdowns with only one interception.

“That doesn’t matter to us,†McNeil said, referring to the Wildcats’ ranking. “The people that are ranking them could have been my grandfather.â€

Pesina and McNeil agree the Panthers can beat the Wildcats, who are 10-0 on the year.

“We just can’t have turnovers and have to keep scoring,†Pesina said. “As long as we execute and don’t have any big turnovers we should be all right.â€

McNeil feels the two teams are evenly matched up on paper.

“As long as we go out and play Panther football and have no turnovers, it should be a good game,†McNeil said.

Directions to Little Cypress-Mauriceville from Anahuac:

Take 1-10 East for 63 miles; Take Exit 877 toward TX-87/Orange/Newton; Turn left on TX-87/N16th St for 3 miles.

Stadium is at 7327 Highway 87 N. 

Ok..well now it all comes out..LOL..You guys lost to HJ..LOL thats funny..no offense HJ. But HJ couldnt beat Newton, what makes you think you can beat us? That just floors me how cocky all of you have been. YOU HAVE No fighting chance. Good luck to you..youre gonna need it tonight!!! Hardin Jefferson was probably the best team you played all year and you couldnt beat them and yet you're talking about taking us down...whatever!!!

GET READY FOR BASKETBALL SEASON!!!

Guest rykerx144

Hope you can keep your kids grounded.  All the hot-air Kville fans have eminated might cause the entire town to float away.

thats the problem cowboy, its not hot air, they are that good and you will get a chance to see it tonite.  I will bet,  you will be on this site next week warning the arp people to watch what they say just like the newton and CC fans are now after they too came on here talking alot of crap.  

Hope you can keep your kids grounded.  All the hot-air Kville fans have eminated might cause the entire town to float away.

thats the problem cowboy, its not hot air, they are that good and you will get a chance to see it tonite.  I will bet,  you will be on this site next week warning the arp people to watch what they say just like the newton and CC fans are now after they too came on here talking alot of crap.  

THANK YOU!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83