Friendswood 69 LaMarque 48 Final Thur/LaMarque Out!

Guest tigersvoice

Friendswood's run defense is pathetic-

LM had almost 400 yards rushing with a bunch of freshmen

Oh, but that OFFENSE is something, isn't it?  69 to 48, whew!

Wow! The once mighty La Marque has fallen to 3-6? No wonder we aren't getting the LM posters this year on the boards. The team that will always be in the playoffs, isn't. I guess the "whoosh" didn't work this season.

Interesting that the year LM breaks their playoff string is the year that 4A goes to four playoff teams.

BRONCO1.

This is the same Friendswood that held Dayton to 21pts...Right....NO "D"....

dayton helped a little... 12+ dropped balls, along with some bad throws.... Friendswood is not great on D and even their fans would tell you so. Dayton did not have the running game going yet when they played them... LaMarque did. Fwood's only loss was to a RUNNING team (angleton). this game was televised in the Houston area... Friendswood tackled poorly and was basically outran at times... Now that offense... that's very, very REAL.

I think LaMarque lost their great coach after last year.They are starting over.As for friendswood they are good on offense that's a given but they have been in some close games with teams like Manvel as Friendswood stopped a 2 point attempt w/ 1 minute left in the game to eek out a 28-27 win only a few weeks ago.I am hoping to see a playoff game with Dayton & Friendswood duking it out on a neutral field as you can't judge a loss in the early part of the year.Look for both to be around in December.

Lamarque basically ran their HC out of town last year after one season (one 10+ win season). You reap what you sow. Run a good HC out of town enough and eventually the top prospects for the job decline and you get a guy from Dallas with a mediocre record at best!

The coach was in over his head. moving from a solid 2A to a 4A with unreal tradition and trying to run the same stuff. The real loss was when Erwin moved to Flowermound Marcus (i think) after their 2006 state championship. This coach seems to be a good fit. The kids work for him and they showed last night that they are going to be OK in the years to come. The program was left in a mess after 2007, as both the coach and some in the town didn't help the situation much. Remember, they were playing a freshman QB and RB last night.

The Friendswood Dayton thing won't happen in the playoffs as FW is going Div. 1 along with Angelton. I think the div. 2 teams from 24-4A are Manvel and Texas City. Brazosport may still have a shot. I for one am glad Friendswood is div 1. They seem to have our #. That Karam kid is dangerous. I know Dayton has improved a lot since that early non-district game, but I suppose it is possible that other teams improve also. All formidable opponents from that 24-4A. And watch out for Dawson in the years to come.

LaMarque is not used to losing, and the fans are not happy.  However, I expect the coach to get another year. 

As for FW, the D got pretty lazy last night when FW got up 21-0, and stayed lousy for a while, but got better again at the end.  The offense was pretty awesome.  The QB has 14 TDs in the last 2 games! 

It is too bad that FW will go D1 and Dayton D2 -- only a few things would be more fun than beating Dayton yet again. ;)

LaMarque is not used to losing, and the fans are not happy.  However, I expect the coach to get another year. 

As for FW, the D got pretty lazy last night when FW got up 21-0, and stayed lousy for a while, but got better again at the end.  The offense was pretty awesome.   The QB has 14 TDs in the last 2 games! 

It is too bad that FW will go D1 and Dayton D2 -- only a few things would be more fun than beating Dayton yet again. ;)

for sure

Friendswood has a great knack for getting open deep and of course Karam was on the money all night (except one int. I think)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami