SOmetimes it's not about winning!

I think it was great for the teams to do that.  Its nice to see that some people still remember that is is just high school football.  I think that if people would step back and let the kids be kids and have fun you might see this kinda of stuff done more.  But, to many folks take Friday nights and Thursday night for that matter to personal.  Congrats for being GOOD people and God bless

it's great to hear stories like this...that trascend the field...and make not only the particualr kids winners, but their team mates as well...

and to the Soulja...who in the hell is Herm Edwards?  Obviously, his "winning attitude" didn't serve him very well, as he is consigned to the heap of the forgotten, save for a few diehards who still worship him...

Guest WeedBegone

Great story, I hope to see the video.

Many good post on this thread.

The same compassion discussed about the two "very special players" needs to be given to the one of the accidental post in the form of forgiveness. 

I stand with Soulja on his Question of class --he has been consistent in his support of many of the special kids in this area.  Think about joining me. 

From the one who admits his two favorite movies of compassion are "Radio" and "Patch Adams"

Respectfully submitted

WeedBegone

Great story, I hope to see the video.

Many good post on this thread.

The same compassion discussed about the two "very special players" needs to be given to the one of the accidental post in the form of forgiveness.   

I stand with Soulja on his Question of class --he has been consistent in his support of many of the special kids in this area.  Think about joining me. 

From the one who admits his two favorite movies of compassion are "Radio" and "Patch Adams"

Respectfully submitted

WeedBegone

I walk over to the side of the great Weed...and sow the seeds of forgiveness...

Consider my panties untwisted and unwadded...

Guest Silsbee88

Hats off to the coaches and players on both teams....  This game will be forgotten by most in a couple of weeks if not a couple of days.  But it will forever be ingrained in the minds of these two "special" boys.  I do not feel that a gentlemen's agreement prior to the game in which it did not alter the outcome undermines the integrity of the game at all.  Afterall, what better way for a pair of coaches to demonstrate the kind of leadership, character and integrity our athletes need.

Thank you again to the coaches and players for make this dream come true for a couple of your classmates. 

Guest WeedBegone

Great story, I'm sure them boys have dreamed about running a play and getting a touchdown for years,but also thinking they would never get the chance. But it goes to show one or two people CAN make a huge difference in life with one act of kindness! Way to go coaches and players!

Hats off to the coaches and players on both teams....  This game will be forgotten by most in a couple of weeks if not a couple of days.  But it will forever be ingrained in the minds of these two "special" boys.  I do not feel that a gentlemen's agreement prior to the game in which it did not alter the outcome undermines the integrity of the game at all.  Afterall, what better way for a pair of coaches to demonstrate the kind of leadership, character and integrity our athletes need.

Thank you again to the coaches and players for make this dream come true for a couple of your classmates. 

Good post!! Hopefully this event can inspire others including ourselves to look for more opportunities to do likewise. same.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder