WO-S vs. Bridge City Predictions?

WOS by at least 4 touchdowns. I'm all for supporting your team but at the same time you have to be somewhat realistic. At best BC could possibly make a score but it will only be one at best. You cant bring a pony to a Thoroughbred race and expect to win. even if WOS offense didn't show up you would lose to WOS defense. I believe HF is better than BC and look what happend to them. As WOS gets better from week to week no one in this district will stand a chance. As for Silsbee they seem to play WOS well each year. Now if they could do that against the rest of the teams they play they might be better. I really wish BC could bring more to the table to make it competitive but just not going happen. WOS has a better team this year and BC has a worst team this year and you saw what happend last year. Good luck to BC as you need all you can get and hope for an injury free game.

Can you explain your logic for that comment?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOS has a better team this year and BC has a worst team this year and you saw what happend last year.

hahaha

umm... are you saying that this years BC team is worse than last years?

if so, you should should do some research...

A few points here:

- I think everyone is a little unrealistic when it comes to their favorite teams. Who cares, the BC guys have a right to believe. I can't see them winning or keeping it close, but they definitely have the right to think they can.

- Silsbee has been playing us tough for the last 3 years or so and I think that this is one of those games that they go into believing they are going to play well in, but not necessarily believing they will win. I do not think we had a "bad game" I think Silsbee played up to their potential.

- I, too, want to know why Silsbee does not play anyone else as well as they play us. I saw Silsbee play twice this year before they played us and after watching them, would have sworn we would blow them out. Then they come in and look like a completely different team against us. If they could keep up that level of play and intensity, they could do some things.

A few points here:

- I think everyone is a little unrealistic when it comes to their favorite teams. Who cares, the BC guys have a right to believe. I can't see them winning or keeping it close, but they definitely have the right to think they can.

- Silsbee has been playing us tough for the last 3 years or so and I think that this is one of those games that they go into believing they are going to play well in, but not necessarily believing they will win. I do not think we had a "bad game" I think Silsbee played up to their potential.

- I, too, want to know why Silsbee does not play anyone else as well as they play us. I saw Silsbee play twice this year before they played us and after watching them, would have sworn we would blow them out. Then they come in and look like a completely different team against us. If they could keep up that level of play and intensity, they could do some things.

I agree with every single point you have made. All of them right on point.

Gas, I too wish I knew why the Tigers don't play better against other opponents. It's frustrating to say the least. Silsbee is just not very consistant and seem to play up or down to the level of their opponents. We all know where that lies.

Silsbee is in no way better than WOS! Every other team seems to be allowed to have an off night except the Stangs. You saw what happened in OT of that game, that was the true Mustangs. BC doesnt stand a farts chance in the wind on Friday night! Also, you guys are shooting way to low on the score, WOS 81- BC 0.

Venom33, I do believe that WOS is a little better than Silsbee, but to claim that the Stangs had an off night was the reason the game was so close and not the fact that it was Silsbee that the Stangs were playing against, is really getting old. I guess these last 3 years that these two teams have played each other were close because the Mustangs just so happen to have an off night, wow what a coincidence. ::)

No Silsbee just plays us tough, perieod.

Thank you td, for that honest and very accurate statement. I have said all along that WOS is the better team, but please don't discredit Silsbee with these statements of the Stangs just having an "off" night. It has everything to do with what Silsbee did on the field, they were the cause of the Mustangs poor play.

Did Silsbee play us tougher than even Nederland or anyone else this year? Absolutely.

Did they deserve to win just as much as WO-S? Absolutely.

Was most of their success their own doing? Absolutely.

Did WO-S have an off night? Absolutely.

Look - half of the shotgun snaps in the first half were WAY high (high enough that our QB had to jump), which threw anything but a ton of improvised QB runs out. Hypolite had to run, run, run, run because by the time he got a handle on the ball, Garrett was gone and the pressure was closing in. Yes, Silsbee brought that pressure, but the rhythm was totally thrown off.

I think it still would have been really close, but the Stangs were not themselves. I don't think any of the other recent games between the two would be characterized as "off" nights for us, though.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder