how does district 23 2A compare to 22 2A this year?

Guest rykerx144

I was curious about what others thought about district 23 claim that they are as tuff as 22 2a this year?

My take on these two districts is simple. 22-2A is very top heavy, with Kirbyville and Newton, the rest not so good. 23-2A doesn't have that cow bell team, no dominate team whatsoever. But what they do have is 6 teams that are pretty evenly matched and this will lead to a great district race for those coveted 3 playoff spots. 22-2A champ will be decided in week 10 between Kirbyville and Newton, the rest will play for third. 23-2A district champ will go down to that last week as well, but look for as many as 4 teams in the running for that spot. I look for this district to come down to a tiebreaker to decide on a couple of these playoff spots. right now, I would give Buna the inside position to be district champ.

Class 2A Region 3 is definately the toughest in the state--Kirbyville, Newton, Arp, Elysian Fields to anme a few--State Champion in both D1 and D2 more than likely comes of of this region..

As far as comparing District 22 and 23---right on about top teams in 22A--kirby and newton...followed by San Augustine, Woodville, Hemphill, and Shelbyville...

Not sure how 23 will play out--long way to go--on any given night the supposed underdog can come out victorious..which has happened in the first 2 weeks of district play---

The best thing for District 23AA is they won't have to play openeing round of playoffs against District 22AA....Bye for all teams in 23AA first round....

Just think how tough 22AA would be if Corrigan was still in this district...looking like Kirbyville and Corrigan first round matchup...

Guest rykerx144

there is so much of a seperation i would be that if you combined the districts it would finish in this order

Kville

Newton

all of 23

the rest of 22

there is so much of a seperation i would be that if you combined the districts it would finish in this order

Kville

Newton

all of 23

the rest of 22

I would disagree with this ranking.  I think Woodville would compete for a playoff spot in 23-2A, considering they just played Newton more competitively than East Chambers did (if you consider EC in the top 3).  They also beat Warren pretty bad and beat a very good HJ team.  I think we'll find out more about Shelbyville and San Augustine and how good they are in the next couple weeks.  But San Augustine beat Alto, whos always good.  Those 2 teams i think would be competitive and i dont think they'd come in last in 23-2A.  The only team i know thats really bad in 22-2A is Hemphill.  When you break it all down, its not even close, 22-2A is way better....

Kville

Newton

all of 23

the rest of 22

I would disagree with this ranking.  I think Woodville would compete for a playoff spot in 23-2A, considering they just played Newton more competitively than East Chambers did (if you consider EC in the top 3).  They also beat Warren pretty bad and beat a very good HJ team.  I think we'll find out more about Shelbyville and San Augustine and how good they are in the next couple weeks.  But San Augustine beat Alto, whos always good.  Those 2 teams i think would be competitive and i dont think they'd come in last in 23-2A.  The only team i know thats really bad in 22-2A is Hemphill.   When you break it all down, its not even close, 22-2A is way better....

Well maybe Woodville will wrap up the third spot in the district??? Can they beat Shelbyville??? In my opinion it will be close.

22A - third place will be a toss up between Woodville, Hemphill Shelbyville and San Augustine. San Augustine beat Hemphill last week by 4 points. Hemphill led at half and San Augustine came back in the second half to win. Ist place, Kirbyville, 2nd place, Newton, 3rd place, San Augustine.

As far as who is the strongest between 22A and 23A, Kirbyville is probably the best team in the state in 2A. Pity who draws them in bidistrict.

However, I'm the guy who thought WO-S would wipe Silsbee out to.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kinghoyn
    Newest Member
    kinghoyn