LC-M FOOTBALL PROGRAM

skipper

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The whole $15 to get your cell phone back is crazy.  The school doesn't fine students for fighting or cheating.  But, if you have a cell phone on in school, then it costs you $15.  Why??

My son was sick at school had his cell phone on while at the nurse's office waiting for a call from me.  When the phone went off at the nurse's office, the nurse took the phone from him.  I spoke to the asst. principal and the principal, and both refused to return the phone to my son without paying the $15 fee.  They demanded a strict compliance of the rules.  As a matter of principle, I refused to pay the $15.  I paid $20 to verizon to get an old phone activated.

Sometimes good sense is overruled by a mentality that  "we have to follow the rules".  Maybe its that type thinking from some of the school officials that prevents the community from embracing the football program as well as the school. 

If the board and administration are doing such a great job of 'solidifying' the academic standing in LCM then please tell me why so many teachers have left the district in the past three years?  This year alone there were between 30-40 openings at the high school and in previous years the numbers were between 20-30!  Then papa bear gets a promotion to the front office!  Does anyone know exactly what he does in his newly created position ???? 

Why didn't the bond pass?  So many people in LCM are tired of how things are being run in LCM.  LCM needs more than a new head coach.  For the life of me I can't understand why they would want to build a new high school before they rebuild the junior high.  The Jr high must be the most dangerous campus in SE Texas with all 12 buildings that kids roam between. 

If the board and administration are doing such a great job of 'solidifying' the academic standing in LCM then please tell me why so many teachers have left the district in the past three years?  This year alone there were between 30-40 openings at the high school and in previous years the numbers were between 20-30!  Then papa bear gets a promotion to the front office!  Does anyone know exactly what he does in his newly created position ???? 

Why didn't the bond pass?  So many people in LCM are tired of how things are being run in LCM.  LCM needs more than a new head coach.  For the life of me I can't understand why they would want to build a new high school before they rebuild the junior high.  The Jr high must be the most dangerous campus in SE Texas with all 12 buildings that kids roam between. 

Bingo.

I have had (2) children graduate from LCM in the last four years.  Anytime we wanted to rent a movie to watch the kids had already seen it in school.  Evidently this is what they do now instead of teaching lessons. 

I will never understand why LCM gets so much criticism, especially from outsiders.  As for as the bond election goes, I sat on the committee and there were many issues on what and where to build new facilities.  If I had not sat in on these meetings I may have been confused like some of you are about the decisions made.  Decisions were made, people voted, and its over.  We still need a new jr high and we still need a new high school.  If you live in the district and you don't like a policy, please let your voice be heard as it is your right.  Even if we go 0 and 50 in football, we still have a great school, some great educators and great families.  I also want the football program to succeed as much or more so than any of you on here, but lets not let that cloud the fact that we have a great school and district.

I'd almost be willing to bet that if they build a new high school then the junior high will inherent the current high school building. That's the way alot of districts do it including L-Town.

I will never understand why LCM gets so much criticism, especially from outsiders.  As for as the bond election goes, I sat on the committee and there were many issues on what and where to build new facilities.  If I had not sat in on these meetings I may have been confused like some of you are about the decisions made.  Decisions were made, people voted, and its over.  We still need a new jr high and we still need a new high school.  If you live in the district and you don't like a policy, please let your voice be heard as it is your right.  Even if we go 0 and 50 in football, we still have a great school, some great educators and great families.  I also want the football program to succeed as much or more so than any of you on here, but lets not let that cloud the fact that we have a great school and district.

I am not trying to turn this into a LCM rag-fest.  But the mold and standing water on rainy days in the Junior High is not acceptable.  My child attends school there, and the sinus infections increase during the school year.  What is the reason for LCMs failure to clean up this mess?  And, the solution is not a bond issue.  40 million dollars as a whole and a $500 a year tax increase for me, individually, is difficult to swallow during these troubled times.  I would be more inclined to support a smaller bond issue if the district would demonstrate that it will take care of the buildings that currently exist.  

I respect several of the teachers and staff at LCM.  They work hard and are skilled.  I dont have major concerns about most of the teachers.  The numerous  teachers that left the district have expressed their concerns about some of the policies of the administration.  Maybe "promoting" papa bear is a step in the right direction to soothing some of the concerns of the teachers.  (I don't recall a posting for his "new" position.)  

A sharing of concerns can go a long way to improving the problems.  Maybe the administration can review some of these threads and try to bridge the communication gap between them and the community.  I have spoken to some officials about a few of these issues and I feel like my concerns are falling on deaf ears.  I dont want some sugar-coated non-answer, but rather someone to HEAR what I am saying.  I don't want some pie-in-the-sky answers.

Certainly, a new football coach and AD will be at LCM next year.  But other improvements must be made to help LCM be the kind of school that reflects favorably on the fine people living in the LCM community.    

Ditto.  Good post.

I am not trying to turn this into a LCM rag-fest.  But the mold and standing water on rainy days in the Junior High is not acceptable.  My child attends school there, and the sinus infections increase during the school year.  What is the reason for LCMs failure to clean up this mess?  And, the solution is not a bond issue.  40 million dollars as a whole and a $500 a year tax increase for me, individually, is difficult to swallow during these troubled times.  I would be more inclined to support a smaller bond issue if the district would demonstrate that it will take care of the buildings that currently exist.  

I respect several of the teachers and staff at LCM.  They work hard and are skilled.  I dont have major concerns about most of the teachers.  The numerous  teachers that left the district have expressed their concerns about some of the policies of the administration.  Maybe "promoting" papa bear is a step in the right direction to soothing some of the concerns of the teachers.  (I don't recall a posting for his "new" position.)  

A sharing of concerns can go a long way to improving the problems.  Maybe the administration can review some of these threads and try to bridge the communication gap between them and the community.  I have spoken to some officials about a few of these issues and I feel like my concerns are falling on deaf ears.  I dont want some sugar-coated non-answer, but rather someone to HEAR what I am saying.  I don't want some pie-in-the-sky answers.

Certainly, a new football coach and AD will be at LCM next year.  But other improvements must be made to help LCM be the kind of school that reflects favorably on the fine people living in the LCM community.    

There are several good teachers at LCM and many that don't have a clue. But the dealings i've had with  most of the administration has been like talking to politicians. You get a real good story but no explaination. There is also rarely any common sense used. This includes the coaching staff also. Don't bother questioning my experiences. I've had two kids go from !st grade to graduating from LCM.

If your numbers are correct, I don't know for sure why so many teachers are leaving.  Some have claimed that it's the teachers pay rate at LCM being substantially lower than elsewhere.  Whatever the reason they choose to leave it doesn't seem to be effecting the "solidified" academic standard at LCM.  The teachers who are there (and the ones that left) must have been doing something right.  Last week the KOGT site reported that at LCM's October board meeting 219 students were recognized who had made a perfect score on the state TAKS test.  Thirty of the 219 made perfect scores on multiple parts.  LCM also received a "Superior Achievement" rating from the TEA.

In earlier posts I've already spoken about the bond issue and the poor shape of the buildings that these kids attend class in.  The JR high is clearly a huge problem and a "time warp" of a building. One reason that some voted "no" on the bond for the high school is that the Jr high needs to be addressed first and they knew that if the bond passed for the high school they would have to be right back for another one again for the Jr high shortly.  The bottom line is that usually you get what you pay for.  If new buildings are going to be built for LCM it will have to come out of the taxpayers pockets.  That's not a real popular statement, but it's reality. 

Another thing that may have been a problem getting the bond passed was the fact that mr. claybar and his cronies had just hijacked part of LCM and those peoples taxes were about to take a big jump and I'am sure that had an impact. ( mr. claybar being the mayor of Orange )

Guest pirates

Cell phone issues, for 15,16,17 and 18 year old kids.

1) Taking pictures of test, answers and sending them around school.  It has happened....

2) Text messaging during class, asking someone the answer to a question on a test while they are taking the test.  It has happened....

3) Taking pictures of someone "without their knowledge" in the shower, restroom or other place of privacy and sending it around.  It has happened....

The fine is to try to discourage some of this and parents should support it.

Oh, by the way the above sentences could have been in a few letters with the new language the kids speak these days....

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476