*Vidor vs. Ozen Updates/OZEN WINS!!!

Four fumbles turned over so the Panthers can score ... we played horrible. Horrible!

And then the poor clock management in the fourth ... inexcusable.  The players need to run bleachers until they puke for that sorry showing. And the coaches should too until they learn how to manage a clock!  >:(

But to the Panthers, I say good game. You outplayed us, plain and simple.

Wow what a classy post about a bunch of teenage boys playing a HS football game!!!!

Oh, I'm sorry. Let's just settle for mediocrity like we do every other year.  ::)

No thanks! Its called tough love. I call it like I see it. And I saw them fumbling away another season. Do you want to see us play that way every game or perhaps do better? I hope that every member of the team comes on here, reads that post, gets PISSED OFF and sets out to prove me wrong.

I'd love that. But I'm not gonna coddle mistakes. You can do that I suppose.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ozen gets first win of season

By RUSH WOOD

October, 11, 2008

BEAUMONT - Ozen's elusive first victory of the season came Friday night much to the delight of the Panthers' 2008 homecoming crowd in Zaharias Stadium.

The Panthers secured the 21-14 decision on the strength of a 145-yard rushing effort by James White and by feasting on five Pirate turnovers.

Not until the final takeaway came along on an interception by Jonathan Stewart with 1:34 left could the Panther faithful breathe a reasonable sigh of relief. It came at the Panthers' 7-yard line on a play action pass by Pirate quarterback Chris Teinert.

The Panthers capitalized on two earlier takeaways in scoring their second and third touchdowns. The first came after a second-quarter fumble recovery left them only 20 yards to drive, and the second was set up by another Pirate bobble only 24 yards from their goal line.

For the second-straight week, the Pirates rallied after a scoreless first half, but their turnovers eventually took their toll.

The Pirates pulled to within 14-7 midway in the third quarter on a 37-yard run by Jacob Peevey, and Teinert's 1-yard sneak at the mid point of the fourth quarter enabled them to again cut their deficit to seven points.

White got 101 of his yards on 13 first-half carries, and scored on a 5-yard run to make it 14-0 with 11:00 left in the second quarter.

The Panthers, who improved to 1-4 on the season and 1-2 in District 20-4A, also received a 3-yard touchdown run by Terrell Durham to end a 67-yard first-quarter drive on its seventh play.

The Panthers' final touchdown - the one that gave them breathing room at 21-7 - came on an 18-yard pass by Marquis Moore to Willie Jefferson. Jefferson led the Panther receivers with six catches for 75 yards.

After gaining six yards on three first-half carries, Peevey went on to lead the 3-2 and 1-2 Pirates with 131 yards on 15 total carries.

The Pirates held the Panthers to three first downs and 100 yards in the second half, but they couldn't overcome their turnovers.

guess you werent shown enough attention as a child. they do have anger management classes that i hear can do wonders....

Wow! Just for pointing out the obvious? I'd rather be angry than be in denial.

The day we can fumble the ball away four times, throw an interception, and not manage the clock correctly giving us under 40 seconds to try and go over half the field, I'll think that you know what you are talking about.

Quit coddling the boys when they play bad. Hopefully they'll ignore your pleas for mediocrity being enough.

wow, now youve hurt my feelings. believe me, when my son screws up i tell him like it is. luckily he only made one mistake tonite and that was a dropped pass. so i dont believe he deserves to run till he pukes. i also am not going to get on here and tell the whole team (players and coaches) how bad they are. if thats going to make you sleep better tonite then have at it. but like i said, the people that screwed up tonite know it....

wow, now youve hurt my feelings. believe me, when my son screws up i tell him like it is. luckily he only made one mistake tonite and that was a dropped pass. so i dont believe he deserves to run till he pukes. i also am not going to get on here and tell the whole team (players and coaches) how bad they are. if thats going to make you sleep better tonite then have at it. but like i said, the people that screwed up tonite know it....

i completely agree

cutlass dont see u out there...

Let's here it PI-RATS . . . . . . . . . . . . . Excuses that is. Ya'll been talking smack all week let's here it. We all want to hear about it. Come on now i know ya'll got some stupid excuse.

Wow, so you wonder why Lumberton doesn't get any respect? No class what so ever... We beat ya'll, and it's in the past, but I guess ya'll still have to cry about it, accept the fact that losing is apart of this game, and even when you lose to an "underdog" doesn't mean you have to cry... Yeah ya'll beat Central, congrats on that... But that doesn't mean you have to come on here and whine about losing to us last week, when we lose this week... REAL CLASS ACT! And Ozen came to play and deserved to win... 2 of their touchdowns came off our fumbles in our own territory, which decided the game... We just couldn't handle the speed, their RB's ran all over us all night...

Cry, I've never cried or whined about a loss on any post. Yes ya'll beat us that is a fact. And yes losing is part of the game. But almost every pirate fan known to man had been talking **** all week. So don't come on here and tell me about class. Get your facts straight before you tell me i'm whining or crying. I just don't understand why Ya'll can talk smack but when we talk it's a REAL CLASS ACT. You need to get over yourself seriously. Everybody on these post likes to have fun! I'm one of them no harm intended to anyone. But whine or cry you will never here that from me. I just love to hear all the excuses  ;D

Let's here it PI-RATS . . . . . . . . . . . . . Excuses that is. Ya'll been talking smack all week let's here it. We all want to hear about it. Come on now i know ya'll got some stupid excuse.

Wow, so you wonder why Lumberton doesn't get any respect? No class what so ever... We beat ya'll, and it's in the past, but I guess ya'll still have to cry about it, accept the fact that losing is apart of this game, and even when you lose to an "underdog" doesn't mean you have to cry... Yeah ya'll beat Central, congrats on that... But that doesn't mean you have to come on here and whine about losing to us last week, when we lose this week... REAL CLASS ACT! And Ozen came to play and deserved to win... 2 of their touchdowns came off our fumbles in our own territory, which decided the game... We just couldn't handle the speed, their RB's ran all over us all night...

Cry, I've never cried or whined about a loss on any post. Yes ya'll beat us that is a fact. And yes losing is part of the game. But almost every pirate fan known to man had been talking **** all week. So don't come on here and tell me about class. Get your facts straight before you tell me i'm whining or crying. I just don't understand why Ya'll can talk smack but when we talk it's a REAL CLASS ACT. You need to get over yourself seriously. Everybody on these post likes to have fun! I'm one of them no harm intended to anyone. But whine or cry you will never here that from me. I just love to hear all the excuses   ;D

Actually, only a few came on here and talked smack... The rest of us accepted that we beat a VERY GOOD Lumberton team that had an off night... And I've seen one excuse on here about the flags and that's it, we lost fair and square and all of us are admitting it... No excuses being made, so next time wait and see what we have to say before you say something like that... And obviously you are bitter about the loss last week, because if you weren't then you wouldn't have came onto THIS thread to mouth off about it... This is about the game itself, and should be about congratulating Ozen on a well-deserved win...

As for my fellow pirate fans, next week should be a dandy... PNG coming off a hurting loss to open the new Reservation, so they're gunna be looking for some revenge... We keep the fumbles down, and play like we know we can, we should have a good chance to win... IMO if Vidor loses, the playoffs are almost out of the picture, but like I said that's just my opinion... Any other thoughts?

Oh and mlp9111, congrats to Jacob on an excellent game played... It was only a matter of time before he got his chance to shine, and he showed what he's capable of... Tell him Austin said "VERY NICE!"

Cry, I've never cried or whined about a loss on any post. Yes ya'll beat us that is a fact. And yes losing is part of the game. But almost every pirate fan known to man had been talking **** all week. So don't come on here and tell me about class. Get your facts straight before you tell me i'm whining or crying. I just don't understand why Ya'll can talk smack but when we talk it's a REAL CLASS ACT. You need to get over yourself seriously. Everybody on these post likes to have fun! I'm one of them no harm intended to anyone. But whine or cry you will never here that from me. I just love to hear all the excuses   ;D

Actually, only a few came on here and talked smack... The rest of us accepted that we beat a VERY GOOD Lumberton team that had an off night... And I've seen one excuse on here about the flags and that's it, we lost fair and square and all of us are admitting it... No excuses being made, so next time wait and see what we have to say before you say something like that... And obviously you are bitter about the loss last week, because if you weren't then you wouldn't have came onto THIS thread to mouth off about it... This is about the game itself, and should be about congratulating Ozen on a well-deserved win...

As for my fellow pirate fans, next week should be a dandy... PNG coming off a hurting loss to open the new Reservation, so they're gunna be looking for some revenge... We keep the fumbles down, and play like we know we can, we should have a good chance to win... IMO if Vidor loses, the playoffs are almost out of the picture, but like I said that's just my opinion... Any other thoughts?

Oh and mlp9111, congrats to Jacob on an excellent game played... It was only a matter of time before he got his chance to shine, and he showed what he's capable of... Tell him Austin said "VERY NICE!"

Congrates to OZEN you happy!!!!!And i'm not bitter about the loss last week we deserved to be beat. I told all the boys that that's what happens when you get the big head. Thats what all the coaches said all week. They showed me and hopefully everybody else that they can play with heart tonight. I will say good luck to ya'll on the rest of the season. IMO if ya'll will quit fumbling and hit PN-G in the mouth i honestly think ya'll can win that game. 

I'll step in and say, Ozen deserved the win all the way.  This is a good lesson for the boys...you can't play second half ball.  You have to be ready from the moment the ball is kicked until the clock runs out.  You can't say it was all the boys fault,  the coaching needed help as well.  It was a matter of poor management with everything.  I just don't think anyone was ready for this game to be like it was.  It was a weird situation, and I will blame the refs for some poor non-calls, but we would not have pulled the win anyway.

You're just going to need to shake this off and take it up next week at home with PN-G.  Good luck guys I'm with you all the way to the end, no matter where we end up in district... you are still my PIRATES!!!

glad to see vidor's back to their old selves :)  didn't have yall s refs from our game there tonight?

and this would be why i hate lumberton fans, the game between vidor-lumberton was reffed fairly

they actually helped yall more than us

they gave yall 3 free points at the end of the first half, or did you forget that

and the only reason yall had more penalty yards was because yall self destructed and had like 4 personal fouls....

looks like you forgot to mention that too

but im not even gonna get into this with you

you're a waste of my time

we won, yall lost, get over it

Cry, I've never cried or whined about a loss on any post. Yes ya'll beat us that is a fact. And yes losing is part of the game. But almost every pirate fan known to man had been talking **** all week. So don't come on here and tell me about class. Get your facts straight before you tell me i'm whining or crying. I just don't understand why Ya'll can talk smack but when we talk it's a REAL CLASS ACT. You need to get over yourself seriously. Everybody on these post likes to have fun! I'm one of them no harm intended to anyone. But whine or cry you will never here that from me. I just love to hear all the excuses  ;D

Congrates to OZEN you happy!!!!!And i'm not bitter about the loss last week we deserved to be beat. I told all the boys that that's what happens when you get the big head. Thats what all the coaches said all week. They showed me and hopefully everybody else that they can play with heart tonight. I will say good luck to ya'll on the rest of the season. IMO if ya'll will quit fumbling and hit PN-G in the mouth i honestly think ya'll can win that game. 

And good luck to Lumberton next week and the rest of the season as well... Don't think for one second that Ozen is a pushover though... They were FIRED up ALL night... Watch out for #18, he beat us bad...

go get 'em vidor pirate...heel boy heel! ha...I'm with you...the fact is (and I know some don't want to hear it) the local refs are just average guys like the rest of us who work a shift and then go out and cover high school football because they love it...they make very little money in most cases (although it can pay well at times, depending on the venue). To think that they somehow conspire before a game to short change a bunch of kids is ridiculous...I mean, c'mon...Could you sleep with yourself at night knowing you intentionally made a bad call and hurt an entire community?...I know from having talked to a few of the refs that when a bad call is made, they anguish over it because there's not a dang thing they can do about it...Vidor won (FAIR AND SQUARE)...it's been a week and the Raiders have regrouped so let's focus on the rest of the season and worry about Vidor next year!

go get 'em vidor pirate...heel boy heel! ha...I'm with you...the fact is (and I know some don't want to hear it) the local refs are just average guys like the rest of us who work a shift and then go out and cover high school football because they love it...they make very little money in most cases (although it can pay well at times, depending on the venue). To think that they somehow conspire before a game to short change a bunch of kids is ridiculous...I mean, c'mon...Could you sleep with yourself at night knowing you intentionally made a bad call and hurt an entire community?...I know from having talked to a few of the refs that when a bad call is made, they anguish over it because there's not a dang thing they can do about it...Vidor won (FAIR AND SQUARE)...it's been a week and the Raiders have regrouped so let's focus on the rest of the season and worry about Vidor next year!

haha, if hes gonna fire, im gonna fire back, and ive got way more ammo than him, because i have stats and facts

his post is completely and totally stupidity

Four fumbles turned over so the Panthers can score ... we played horrible. Horrible!

And then the poor clock management in the fourth ... inexcusable.  The players need to run bleachers until they puke for that sorry showing. And the coaches should too until they learn how to manage a clock!  >:(

If you think you can do a better job of coaching fumbles, interceptions, and clock management, Rusted Cutlass, practice starts at 8 Monday morn I anticipate your arrival to see just how tremendous of a coach you are. But if your going to get on here and anonymously bash a team that you "support and have love for" then stay at home and hide behind your cowardace facade of idiocracy. Is that what your coaches did run y'all till y'all puked for making a mistake that happens in high school football all across the nation. If so y'all must have been pretty good at track because y'all obviously never had anytime to run plays and learn y'alls criteria. To everyone who asked about #22 benching it was because of his inability to hang on to the ball. I don't want to hear anyone bashing him either cause I love him like a brother and light into anyone that does so, but it was not his ankle. He never had an ankle problem.

If you think you can do a better job of coaching fumbles, interceptions, and clock management, Rusted Cutlass, practice starts at 8 Monday morn I anticipate your arrival to see just how tremendous of a coach you are. But if your going to get on here and anonymously bash a team that you "support and have love for" then stay at home and hide behind your cowardace facade of idiocracy. Is that what your coaches did run y'all till y'all puked for making a mistake that happens in high school football all across the nation. If so y'all must have been pretty good at track because y'all obviously never had anytime to run plays and learn y'alls criteria. To everyone who asked about #22 benching it was because of his inability to hang on to the ball. I don't want to hear anyone bashing him either cause I love him like a brother and light into anyone that does so, but it was not his ankle. He never had an ankle problem.

They benched him because isadore and the rest of ozens defense kept stripping......one of them he jus dropped on his own though

And then the poor clock management in the fourth ... inexcusable. The players need to run bleachers until they puke for that sorry showing. And the coaches should too until they learn how to manage a clock! >:(

LOL! I love how when any Vidor fan is critical of continued mistakes you start saying we should try to be the coach. What a dumb answer.

Mathews and staff did NOT properly manage the clock, cutting down on our time to run plays. If you find that acceptable, well, I guess no one can help you.

Vidor hasn't played in the postseason for so long you are used to it and find it acceptable. I still think we can do better. Maybe one day you will get on board and realize that I only criticize so that fans like you cannot continue to make excuses of why we are not in the playoffs every year. Get used to it.

But we'll never get there with the poor showing we had against Ozen. Sugarcoat it all you want, but it was horrible.

LOL! I love how when any Vidor fan is critical of continued mistakes you start saying we should try to be the coach. What a dumb answer.

Mathews and staff did NOT properly manage the clock, cutting down on our time to run plays. If you find that acceptable, well, I guess no one can help you.

Vidor hasn't played in the postseason for so long you are used to it and find it acceptable. I still think we can do better. Maybe one day you will get on board and realize that I only criticize so that fans like you cannot continue to make excuses of why we are not in the playoffs every year. Get used to it.

But we'll never get there with the poor showing we had against Ozen. Sugarcoat it all you want, but it was horrible.

Monday morn practice was lonely without you out there telling us how to run it. Yet again it shows that you prefer to reside in the sanctity of your home that way no one will know who is trying to run the team via blog. I was there waiting on you to show up, your no better than No Show Jones about making it to your appointments. Anyone can coach from the stands or their house no problem, but getting on the field when you have hundreds of people meticulously watching and critiquing every move you make its gets a little exasperating. But then again when you played yall probably went 10-0 therefore giving you the knowledge of Don Schula....wait no team in Vidor history has went undefeated so that couldn't be plausible. So did you go to a college to obtain all this knowledge or what? Because by the way your constructing your sentences you think we are all inferior and imbeciles to the world of football and that you have the only true understanding of how the game should be played. Please enlighten the rest of the world with your knowledge and canny understanding of the sport. You seem to be contentious and territorial when I asked how you would've handled the situation...why is that so?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83