Predictions Dayton Vs. Barbers Hill

Guest patriot117

Where is all of this superior talent in the lower grades coming from?  I saw the Freshmen play GCM and the talent gap was not that far. As a matter of fact, I'd call it even.

Does BH have freshmen and sophomores on varsity? I only recall the Bellard kid playing for their varsity.  Are there more? ???

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BH like Dayton has TRADITION which a lot of our district lacks, so you can bet which ever team is down this year will be back!!! Thats why I think this game will become a great rivialry in the years to come. Can't wait till Friday should be a great atmosphere at Eagle Stadium.

I agree, I can't wait...

Forecast says 40% chance of rain and overnight low of 56, might not be much passing.

The chance of rain is AM.

Cold front should come through on Friday morning.

The low will happen Saturday at sunrise.

Gametime temperature should be in the low 70's high 60's with a norht wind (don't know how strong the wind will be).

Where is all of this superior talent in the lower grades coming from?  I saw the Freshmen play GCM and the talent gap was not that far. As a matter of fact, I'd call it even.

Does BH have freshmen and sophomores on varsity? I only recall the Bellard kid playing for their varsity.  Are there more

The talent from the Freshman team has scattered. One of the Lb's is playing on Friday nights & the other is a starter on the JV.

One of the best linemen tore his ACL the second game & is out for the year. And one of the playmakers from last years team had back surgery during the off season & is not able to play. The good news is that they will all be back & probably playing Varsity next year!

Does BH have freshmen and sophomores on varsity? I only recall the Bellard kid playing for their varsity.  Are there more

The talent from the Freshman team has scattered. One of the Lb's is playing on Friday nights & the other is a starter on the JV.

One of the best linemen tore his ACL the second game & is out for the year. And one of the playmakers from last years team had back surgery during the off season & is not able to play. The good news is that they will all be back & probably playing Varsity next year!

I was wondering if they were playing any freshmen on varsity...

Not saying the talent in the freshmen and 8th grade bunch is all world, but compared to the 10th, 11th, and 12th graders it is MUCH improved.

Kind of weird how the talent goes in cycles as earlier posts in this thread mentioned.

BH has great tradition and the kids never quit.

It is great seeing the kids progress from junior high to high school.

Can't wait till the 8th graders pair up this year, I think it is in three more Tuesday's.

GOOD LUCK TO THE EAGLES FRIDAY!

Guest TravelingBandsman

I don't think this game will be that glamorous or close. The biggest game in 19-4A to come with be Dayton vs. C.E. King. It should decide the district championship.

I am going to go on a Limb here and predict:

Carmona rushes Left 6 plays

Carmona rushes Right 6 plays

Caroma rushes Middle 6 plays

Not in any particular order

with all this running i sure hope nobody drops the STICK! oops sorry i meant ball ;) and #62 i have personally covered aj for 3 years in a row every week and i find it very hard to believe that somebody on Bhs team can shut the "beast" down.i mean u notice none of your DBs posted the comment.

I'll tell you exactly what will happen.  We will go into the spread offense and before Carmona drops back 3 steps he will have two purple uniforms laying on him.  It will be another mass attack on the QB, such as BH saw against Kirbyville and we never adjust to it.  Assuming he does try to run or throw the ball, the team speed Dayton has will not allow any of it to happen.  Dayton 40+ BH 7.

Oh yeah, Dayton's coaching is MUCH better.  There you go HillGuy, just for you.

Hey leave Mrs. Price alone ....ahhhh.. I'm mean HillGuy ;D We better get the ball in the air some more against Dayton their Run D will be to strong to throw that week stuff at em!!!! I Hope Bradford gets some more touches as well, he is going to be quite a talent for BH down the road!!!

You guys are cracking me up. Better watch it she is an attorney now so he could laywer up real quick. I know a lot of the so called coach bashing is just to stir the pot somewhat and if you are going to coach in Texas you had better have thick skin. Wait until Mac Brown loses one now. Well as much as I hate to do it I am predicting an EAGLES loss even though I will be pulling for them. Lets say 42-10. Don't fret Hill Guy ( Mrs. Price) there is always next year. We turn out pretty good for the guys win or lose. ;D GO EAGLES GO EAGLES GO EAGLES!!!

dang, the tailgate party sounds good. be glad when we start having them again. going to be a fun atmosphere their friday night. glad we're finally playing each other again. other than this game, i'm pulling for yall to make the play-offs. got to go with my broncos though. maybe next year eagles. i predict 49-10 broncos ::) ::) ::)

I don't think this game will be that glamorous or close. The biggest game in 19-4A to come with be Dayton vs. C.E. King. It should decide the district championship.

CE King might just surprise some folks this year.  BH won't make the playoffs again..... :-[

Have faith my fellow Eagle ;D IF BH can knock off Crosby or North Forest we be in this ;D !!! It aint over till the fat coach sings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CE King might just surprise some folks this year.  BH won't make the playoffs again..... :-[

Have faith my fellow Eagle ;D IF BH can knock off Crosby or North Forest we be in this ;D !!! It aint over till the fat coach sings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D ;D

as far as yall knocking off crosby or north forest, crosby didn't impress me at all when we beat them but north forest did. north forset has some talent there. maybe crosby was napping when we k.o'd them. lol wish yall luck against them.

Hey I see that Dayton has lost a district game  ;D Reporters rock! I think Stewart is being a liitle modest in his qoutes, but we know what he really thinks ;D

Dugat, Green Show plays at Barbers Hill

By Nick Cioci

The Baytown Sun 

Published October 17, 2008

A.J. Dugat and Cody Green accounted for all seven of the Broncos’ scores in Dayton’s 49-14 win over Crosby last week.

The two are a big reason why the Broncos are 4-1 overall and 3-1 in District 19-4A as well.

Dayton head coach Jerry Stewart said what makes them so good is how long they have worked at it.

“They have paid the price,†he said. “They have worked over the summers and been in the weight rooms to get better.

“The man upstairs gave them a lot of ability as well.â€

Against the Cougars last week, Dugat scored four touchdowns, two rushing and two receiving, while Green scored three rushing and two through the air.

“They have been doing that a while, not just against Crosby,†Stewart said. “I’m not saying they can’t have a bad game but when they are on, it doesn’t matter who they are playing against.â€

Green has 1,117 passing yards on 92 of 147 passing attempts for 14 touchdowns while only throwing two interceptions. He also has 349 rushing yards on 42 carries and seven touchdowns for the Broncos this year.

Dugat has 261 yards on 20 carries for four touchdowns and 39 receptions for 565 yards and seven touchdowns in the Broncos’ five games this year.

The open field is where the two stand out.

“Dugat is pretty dangerous if he gets in open space,†Stewart said, “but he is also physical and can hurt you with a move or two if you try play up on him.

“On the other hand, if you drop too many guys into coverage, Cody is a pretty good load himself to bring down.â€

Having both players on his team makes his Stewart’s job a lot easier.

“It’s a lot easier coaching a quarterback that is 6 foot, 4 inches with a laser arm than a 5-foot-7 kid that throws like me,†he said. “It’s the same with Dugat, too. It’s easier to coach him than someone that was like me in high school.

“It’s a team concept, but you have to have great individuals within that concept to make it work.â€

The Broncos play Barbers Hill tonight and Stewart said the Eagles could be the team that stops them.

“They have good kids,†Stewart said. “They might be able to clamp down (on Green and Dugat) and in that case, we need someone else to rise up.

“We have to make sure we stay within ourselves because they want to do well for their hometown crowd.â€

The Eagles are led by senior quarterback Tony Carmona and junior cornerback Matthew Viverette.

Carmona has 890 yards passing and nine touchdowns while also rushing for 321 yards and six touchdowns while Viverette has five interceptions in the past three games.

The Broncos and Eagles play tonight at Eagle Stadium at 7 p.m.

Can't wait to watch the Broncos race across the field at Eagle stadium.

What do you think the over / under on points scored will be???

I predict Dayton 56 Barbers Hill 7 for a total of 63 points.

Over or under on 63 TOTAL points scored?

Over

Dayton 47

BH 21

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder