Anger After Cheerleaders Stage Mock Execution at Pep Rally

A performance by cheerleaders at a Texas high school pep rally last month has sparked a battle between some students and the administration over whether skits depicting gun violence are appropriate for school, according to the Daily Sentinel.

Cheerleaders at Nacogdoches High School in Nacogdoches, Tex., performed a skit wearing cowboy hats and carrying toy guns while they shot down cheerleaders dressed as the opposing team — the Center High School Roughriders — who had come to steal the NHS mascot, the newspaper reported.

“As the Center team scuffles with the mascot, NHS cheerleaders run to the rescue, freeing the mascot. They then force the Center team to kneel as they stand behind them with guns,†the newspaper reported.

More than 120 students have signed a petition protesting “gun promotion†at pep rallies, but the school principal, Nathan Chaddick, called the skit "simple, innocent satire" to boost school spirit.

“Everybody enjoyed it and had a good time,†Chaddick said, according to the newspaper.

After the incident the school newspaper published an editorial by a cheerleader in support of the skit in its entirety. Chaddick edited out criticism of the administration in an article opposing the performance, the Daily Sentinel said.

"They were calling the cheerleaders 'fearleaders.'" Chaddick told the newspaper. "That's just inappropriate."

This is beyond silly. You can't even have a toy gun without offending someone now. It takes about half a brain to see this as a skit that has no evil intent. Apparently they have a few student protesters that are future members of PETA.

Ok this may sound stupid but when I was a kid, (many years ago) we always played cowboys and indians or combat, heck if we didn't have toy guns we had sticks.  Man some of those sticks could really lay down some fire power :o

Man just imagine if you'll had some of the newer gadgets like paintball and airsoft guns...dad said yalls red ryders packed a punch to

Ok this may sound stupid but when I was a kid, (many years ago) we always played cowboys and indians or combat, heck if we didn't have toy guns we had sticks.  Man some of those sticks could really lay down some fire power :o

Man just imagine if you'll had some of the newer gadgets like paintball and airsoft guns...dad said yalls red ryders packed a punch to

Man those were the days, go outside play army , throw rocks at each other, get hit , get hurt, cry to mom, mom gives you a big ol cookie, back out throwing rocks at each or shooting bebe guns.....gotta love it

A performance by cheerleaders at a Texas high school pep rally last month has sparked a battle between some students and the administration over whether skits depicting gun violence are appropriate for school, according to the Daily Sentinel.

Cheerleaders at Nacogdoches High School in Nacogdoches, Tex., performed a skit wearing cowboy hats and carrying toy guns while they shot down cheerleaders dressed as the opposing team — the Center High School Roughriders — who had come to steal the NHS mascot, the newspaper reported.

“As the Center team scuffles with the mascot, NHS cheerleaders run to the rescue, freeing the mascot. They then force the Center team to kneel as they stand behind them with guns,†the newspaper reported.

More than 120 students have signed a petition protesting “gun promotion†at pep rallies, but the school principal, Nathan Chaddick, called the skit "simple, innocent satire" to boost school spirit.

“Everybody enjoyed it and had a good time,†Chaddick said, according to the newspaper.

After the incident the school newspaper published an editorial by a cheerleader in support of the skit in its entirety. Chaddick edited out criticism of the administration in an article opposing the performance, the Daily Sentinel said.

"They were calling the cheerleaders 'fearleaders.'" Chaddick told the newspaper. "That's just inappropriate."

hahah it was posted by an admin by the name of BULLETS13!!

::) ::) ::) I am also shocked that it was NAC. I am an SFA grad and that town is full of gun loved rednecks. Granted you do have the children of the professors in the schools... I bet it was those liberal political science profs' kids...  ;D ;D ;D

I also graduated from SFA. You can bet it wasn't the kids of the professors in the Forestry department.  ;D

This skit will be featured on the next edition of  "Cheerleaders with Guns Gone Wild"     

Man!!!!!!!!!   we always played army when I was a kid...we'd pretend it was Combat, with Vic Morrow.  those were great times, and I only have a few minor psycological scars from those days    ;D...just ask my shrink if ya don't believe me.   (just kidding,  I think)

Toy guns rocked in the Big Apple!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Political correctness

The thumb and forefinger worked quite well also!!!!  You could even blow smoke from the forefinger!!!!!

The thumb and forefinger worked quite well also!!!!  You could even blow smoke from the forefinger!!!!!

And best thing was it was with you all the time.... never needed reloading.... and was spot on bulls eye with every shot!

Reading the first blog, I get the feeling that the problem wasn't really the guns but the fact that they made the other "team" kneel and executed them. Had it been performed as a shootout where the NHS cheerleaders shot all the others, that probably would have been acceptable

You are probably correct in your statement.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    napeba
    Newest Member
    napeba