Nederland Crushes PNG 41-21

Guest PNGGRAD1985

Razor, thing of it is, by the current lay of the land, they'll have to be looking back for at least another 5 years at a minimum.  These next five years could very well be some of the best Nederland football has every produced.  I would not want to be on the other side of this rivalry for the next half decade.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest KHS 89

I can answer these questions you have about Nederland.

A. They have not won an outright district CHAMPIONship since 1965

B.  PNG won district CHAMPIONships in 1992, 1996, tied in 1999, and won again in 2003, and tied     again in 2004.

C.  Overall PNG has doubled Nederland in all big time playoff games, with PNG having 8 semi finals appearances to Ned's 4, PNG having 6 final appearances to Neds 3, and PNG having 3 State Chamionships to Neds 1.

PS......PNG did it all in front of this

Attendance for these 10 games are among the highest on record in state history:

Attendance Game Site Year

49,953 Plano vs. Port Neches-Groves Texas Stadium 1977*

46,339 Southlake Carroll vs. Euless Trinity Texas Stadium 2006

45,790 Highland Park vs. Waco Cotton Bowl 1945*

45,000 Houston Washington vs. Galveston Rice Stadium 1968

45,000 Dallas Adams vs. Richardson Cotton Bowl 1967

39,102 Garland vs. Katy Astrodome 1999*

39,102 Stephenville vs. Port Neches-Groves Astrodome 1999*

38,570 Port Neches-Groves vs. Houston Kashmere Astrodome 1977

38,374 Plano vs. Highland Park Texas Stadium 1980

38,000 Odessa vs. San Antonio Jefferson Memorial Stadium (Austin) 1946

36,000 Fort Bend Willowridge vs. Houston Yates Rice Stadium 1988

WOW ??? ??? ???

Thats a shocker, Ned is not on this list either, meaning......you were behind in that too.

Sorry   :-[

Crush That

and a crisp brisk breeze fills the air........ and puppies all run for home with their tails between their legs.

KHS, you been trying to send me home with my tail between my legs all year, ain't happened.  Like I said, keep lookin back, cuz the next half decades could get very ugly for ya across the tracks.

Even though I graduated from PNG, I have lived in Nederland for the last 20 years. My wife graduated from Nederland and my kids go to Nederland schools. So to make a long story short, I am a huge Bulldog fan. I can not express how excited I am that Nederland kicked PNG's butt last night. It seems everytime PNG beats Ned the PNG fans like to rub it in the bulldog faces. I am usually not like that. When PNG won last year they were even at the Ned vs PNG basketball game flashing the football score and rubbing it in.  Well I guarentee you I will rub it in their faces this year every chance I get. Hahahahahhahaahaha, Ned. kicked your sorry Indian butt all over the field. Big Ned just pooped all over your Purple Pride!

Crushing????? This game was far from being a crushing. My definition of a crushing was the one Dayton put on Nederland last year, that was a full blown crushing.

That's real original PNGfan, been on this thread the last two pages.  Gettin pretty sad when PNG fans have to start raggin on other teams victories over Nederland.  Kinda like braggin about your buddy who bags all the girls while you play the wingman.

Guest KHS 89

Ok, you kid, but I ain't kiddin bout the next five years.  Should be fun to watch.

PN-G is always up for the challenge. When it's the Bulldogs VS the Indians, it's anyones game to win  (or lose).

Best of luck to your Bulldogs.  Hope to see us both advance far in the playoffs!!

The png fans are trying to feel better about themselves, lets not burst their bubble. :)

Since 1978:  9 playoff appearances, only 2 times past the second round.

all of those district titles in the last 20 years have netted them 0 state titles.

Ned since 1978: 13 playoff appearances, 5 times past the second round.

Even though I graduated from PNG, I have lived in Nederland for the last 20 years. My wife graduated from Nederland and my kids go to Nederland schools. So to make a long story short, I am a huge Bulldog fan. I can not express how excited I am that Nederland kicked PNG's butt last night. It seems everytime PNG beats Ned the PNG fans like to rub it in the bulldog faces. I am usually not like that. When PNG won last year they were even at the Ned vs PNG basketball game flashing the football score and rubbing it in.  Well I guarentee you I will rub it in their faces this year every chance I get. Hahahahahhahaahaha, Ned. kicked your sorry Indian butt all over the field. Big Ned just pooped all over your Purple Pride!

Crushing????? This game was far from being a crushing. My definition of a crushing was the one Dayton put on Nederland last year, that was a full blown crushing.

Or the one that dayton took from Lake Travis.

pretty sad when PNG fans have to start raggin on other teams victories over Nederland

I believe it was a Dayton fan that initially brought up 63-0.

the next half decades could get very ugly for ya across the tracks.

All the PNG underclassmen teams beat Nederlands this year. (JV didnt play) I think things will be OK in Port Neches. 

Ok, you kid, but I ain't kiddin bout the next five years.  Should be fun to watch.

Its good to know that we have people like you have the insight of this years 7th graders and up.  That is awesome...you should start your own magazine.

By the way, your future players......ie both of your freshman teams, lost to their cross town rivals.

The png fans are trying to feel better about themselves, lets not burst their bubble. :)

all of those district titles in the last 20 years have netted them 0 state titles.

I'll take our state runs every 10 to 20 years, while you continue to roll around in your big pile of mediocrity every year.

Or the one that dayton took from Lake Travis.

You are right that was bad,(49-13) but not quite as bad as 63-0.  ;)

At least....

PN-G has won an outright district championship in those years, and has made it to the state finals.

Typical Nederland response...

They thrive on getting runner up or third place but never king of the hill.

At least....

PN-G has won an outright district championship in those years, and has made it to the state finals.

Typical Nederland response...

They thrive on getting runner up or third place but never king of the hill.

as opposed to a team that has to talk about attendence instead of winning the game?

Sorry, Ned fans, you will NEVER have the attendance at playoff games like PNG.  It seems to me that Nederland fans continue to get upset because their fan following is not as great as that of PNG. Maybe, one day, you will!

Please.  I guess all of those 39000 fans at that playoff game were from png.  The other team brought 0 fans and no one else went to the game.  LOL.  I saw all of those "loyal" fans leaving midway through the fourth quarter Saturday.  What happened to "always be faithful"?

I can answer these questions you have about Nederland.

A. They have not won an outright district CHAMPIONship since 1965

B.  PNG won district CHAMPIONships in 1992, 1996, tied in 1999, and won again in 2003, and tied     again in 2004.

C.  Overall PNG has doubled Nederland in all big time playoff games, with PNG having 8 semi finals appearances to Ned's 4, PNG having 6 final appearances to Neds 3, and PNG having 3 State Chamionships to Neds 1.

PS......PNG did it all in front of this

Attendance for these 10 games are among the highest on record in state history:

Attendance Game Site Year

49,953 Plano vs. Port Neches-Groves Texas Stadium 1977*

46,339 Southlake Carroll vs. Euless Trinity Texas Stadium 2006

45,790 Highland Park vs. Waco Cotton Bowl 1945*

45,000 Houston Washington vs. Galveston Rice Stadium 1968

45,000 Dallas Adams vs. Richardson Cotton Bowl 1967

39,102 Garland vs. Katy Astrodome 1999*

39,102 Stephenville vs. Port Neches-Groves Astrodome 1999*

38,570 Port Neches-Groves vs. Houston Kashmere Astrodome 1977

38,374 Plano vs. Highland Park Texas Stadium 1980

38,000 Odessa vs. San Antonio Jefferson Memorial Stadium (Austin) 1946

36,000 Fort Bend Willowridge vs. Houston Yates Rice Stadium 1988

WOW ??? ??? ???

Thats a shocker, Ned is not on this list either, meaning......you were behind in that too.

Sorry   :-[

Crush That

Hmmmm....I think I hear the puppies sulking!  Sorry, Ned, making it to the second round in playoffs, doesn't hold up to State Championships.  Read it and weep!

Nederland, you won fair and square Saturday nite.  Not taking anything from your win.  But, when it comes to playoffs and State Championships, sorry, you lose.  PNG has the BETTER record...you have yet to attain the noterioty that PNG has, not only in State Championships appearances, but also, in fan base and following.  Sorry, thats just the way it is!

I-N-D-I-A-N-S, Scalp 'em, Indians, Scalp 'em!

Guest KHS 89

Sorry, Ned fans, you will NEVER have the attendance at playoff games like PNG.  It seems to me that Nederland fans continue to get upset because their fan following is not as great as that of PNG. Maybe, one day, you will!

Please.  I guess all of those 39000 fans at that playoff game were from png.  The other team brought 0 fans and no one else went to the game.  LOL.  I saw all of those "loyal" fans leaving midway through the fourth quarter Saturday.  What happened to "always be faithful"?

Yet the loyal fans that did stay more than double the crowd you typically bring to away games...........

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami