STJFL WEEK 2

Are we still hashing out the bad blood in Vidor from last year???  Look guys its simple, stop it with all the finger pointing.  There was obviously a problem last year.  One group went one way, while the other group chose to stay with VJFA.  Everyone should be happy that your child has a place to participate in football. 

You only have one shot at enjoying watching your kid grow up so why don't everyone take a step back and remember why you choose to be involved in Youth Football/ Cheerleading.  Is it to feed your own ego or is it to provide your child with a fun and safe atmosphere to participate in youth sports?  If it is to feed your own ego than by all means please continue slinging mud, but please do it somewhere else. 

This thread was meant to discuss STJFL Week 2.

Pee Wees

Lumberton White 27?

Vidor Gold          0

Lumberton White is very well coached and have a very "cool" offensive scheme(cool is the only word I could come up with, Ive never seen it before).  It had us completely puzzled the entire game.   We didn't show much, but our kids left the game with their heads up so I guess thats all that really matters.

Congratulations to all the teams on a good week of football.

did they get really low to the ground and crowd around the center so you couldnt see who was getting the ball? if so they did that last year and after the 1st quarter we made adjustments and blew up their game plan 8)

Yeah, all their backs crouched behind the center and our defense never knew who had the ball.  They also ran a hurry up offense that added to our troubles.  We had a hard time getting our defense set pretty much the whole game.  Like I said, they were very well coached and had us(coaches) scratching our heads most of the game.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like the vidor web site, but I can't understand why scores take till tuesday or wednesday to get posted. I do realize that scores have to be called in and there is a channel of people this is going through, but I notice vidor's score's are posted, so I'm pretty sure this is a stjfl snag and not due to vidor not posting them, so this is not a complaint against vidor. I just wish we could speed up the process or elimanate some of the middle men. I also appreciate vidor posting this information on their web site and welcome to stjfl this year, I hope everything works out well for you all this season. 

I really like the vidor web site, but I can't understand why scores take till tuesday or wednesday to get posted. I do realize that scores have to be called in and there is a channel of people this is going through, but I notice vidor's score's are posted, so I'm pretty sure this is a stjfl snag and not due to vidor not posting them, so this is not a complaint against vidor. I just wish we could speed up the process or elimanate some of the middle men. I also appreciate vidor posting this information on their web site and welcome to stjfl this year, I hope everything works out well for you all this season. 

YOU would be incorrect.  Have you ever considered that the scores are being reported by MULTIPLE associations and that there are delays in reporting (scores are supposed to be reported by Monday..for those in doubt) and that there are discrepancies in the reported scores that have to be cleared up?  I AM the person who lists the final posted scores and I can assure you that this is the case.  SO, anyone interested in getting them faster needs to find a way to make everyone adhere to the rules about when they need to report the scores and that they'd better all figure out a way to be perfect and never make a mistake.  I take offense to this post considering that many of us are still trying to get our lives back after IKE and some misinformed soul feels the need to complain because on Tuesday, the scores aren't posted.  Do you want the job???  If not, sit down and be quiet or find something to do since you are obviously bored.  This is a place to talk about football, not petty complaints.  Please everyone, let's focus.  There is room for everyone here and on the field from every city and every football league, none of us are perfect, but we are here for the kids!

P.S. football 04, Vidor's are posted because they only had to put THEIR OWN on the site, not all associations.

if you took offense with my post I'm sorry, but it wasn't typed with you attitude of your response. I clearly stated that there where channels of people this was going through,

(associations), I realize vidor posted theirs because they only have to get the scores from their association and they are posting them on their web site. The snag I was referring to was the one you pointed out about scores being reported wrong or late, you did explain the snag(everyone following the rules). I don't understand your comment about some misinformed soul feeling the need to complain and since I now know that you are the one who list the final scores I will apologize to you for my post, it was not intended to offend you and no I don't want your job. I have coached youth football for over ten years, the last two with stjfl and I have no kids playing, I do this as a volunteer and spend about 10-12 hours a week just to teach other peoples kids how to play football because I enjoy it. I am aware of the hurricane and that BC was devastated, you have my sympathy and praise for getting your association and kids back on the field so quickly, truly amazing considering the damage. I didn't mean to sound petty and I apologize again to you personally.

if you took offense with my post I'm sorry, but it wasn't typed with you attitude of your response. I clearly stated that there where channels of people this was going through,

(associations), I realize vidor posted theirs because they only have to get the scores from their association and they are posting them on their web site. The snag I was referring to was the one you pointed out about scores being reported wrong or late, you did explain the snag(everyone following the rules). I don't understand your comment about some misinformed soul feeling the need to complain and since I now know that you are the one who list the final scores I will apologize to you for my post, it was not intended to offend you and no I don't want your job. I have coached youth football for over ten years, the last two with stjfl and I have no kids playing, I do this as a volunteer and spend about 10-12 hours a week just to teach other peoples kids how to play football because I enjoy it. I am aware of the hurricane and that BC was devastated, you have my sympathy and praise for getting your association and kids back on the field so quickly, truly amazing considering the damage. I didn't mean to sound petty and I apologize again to you personally.

Thank you for this post.  I really appreciate the effort you made to apologize and clear up what you said in your previous post.  If I misunderstood your post than I too, apologize. 

One last comment about the scores. There are approx 50 teams that Icounted in the STJFL that means that 50 coaches need to turn their score into there respective association, in tunr that person needs to turn that into an STJFL rep. From what I understand, the rep does not have access to the STJFL website so they have to hand it off to Vidor so they can post. I know inthe past, the STJFL rep had access to the website so it cut out one less person in the string. Hopefully that will change so we can get scores faster. But it starts with the coaches.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed