10 things that I learned last night... feel free to add to this...

jake94

I learned that many in 20-4A will have puckerbutt watching Huber/Smith cave in the right side for Grogan to steam roll through.  Power running mixed with four weapons at receiver... things just got interesting in Nederland.  Folks were begging to revert back, thank goodness there were more level heads running the show.  I didn't know the right answer either, but I think we all saw it last night.  Nederland has too many weapons on offense to run out of the I.  How could you keep Salenga and Vidrine off the field so we could dot an I.  This offense is going to give people fits, just my opinion.

1. (Some) Nederland fans get awful cocky when their running game works for the first time in a few years.

2. PN-G looked good, but cannot fumble, especially when no one has touched you if they want to win against the rest of 20-4A.

3. SFA85 still hates mid-county even though better football is played there.  :'(

4. LC-M needs a new coach.

5. Livingston is supposed to be a playoff team in 20-4A? Not looking like it.

6. Vidor could be in for a playoff trip.

7. Ozen will not make a playoff trip.

8. I screwed up and did not get MCM tickets early enough.

9. Nederland scares me, but I am not ready to say they can beat us.

10. The 20-4A playoff teams will be PN-G/Nederland/and two of Central/Vidor/Lumberton.

1. (Some) Nederland fans get awful cocky when their running game works for the first time in a few years.

2. PN-G looked good, but cannot fumble, especially when no one has touched you if they want to win against the rest of 20-4A.3. SFA85 still hates mid-county even though better football is played there.  :'(

10. The 20-4A playoff teams will be PN-G/Nederland/and two of Central/Vidor/Lumberton.

I noticed this both of the past 2 years that dayton play PNG, and apparently its happening this year. Do you think the QB/RB mechanics break down or what. I know every team does this from time to time, but it seems like a trend, IMO.

2. PN-G looked good, but cannot fumble, especially when no one has touched you if they want to win against the rest of 20-4A.3. SFA85 still hates mid-county even though better football is played there.  :'(

I noticed this both of the past 2 years that dayton play PNG, and apparently its happening this year. Do you think the QB/RB mechanics break down or what. I know every team does this from time to time, but it seems like a trend, IMO.

I guess. One was on an option pitch that Wright dropped while looking upfield. The other was a dive that Harmon never got control ove and fumbled it right into the line.

2. PN-G looked good, but cannot fumble, especially when no one has touched you if they want to win against the rest of 20-4A.

3. SFA85 still hates mid-county even though better football is played there.  :'(

For Vidor to do this, we can not give up 4 fumbles a game... and I am sad to say that is our avg.  even against St. Thomas and Kelly we had at least 6 fumbles on drives that had already 40 yards behind them...  Either we need to invest in stick em or our backs need to keep the ball covered up until they get through the line.....

Aki, good post, you're probably in the right place "being scared of Nederland."  They are explosive and showed a glimmer of being a force on offense.  But, PNG is solid, they will run the ball and run it well, and Nederland only has one good game of defense under Neumann's self proclaimed return to in your face football.  This game is an out and out toss up in my opininion.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124