*Dayton vs Friendswood/FRIENDSWOOD ROLLS/COMMENTS*

KFDM COOP

Whew! This was NOT a fun game at all! Just my opinion but I really thought Friendswood looked like our normal Broncos and we looked like another team. Like previously posted, FW came with their A Game and we did not. I know, I can hear it from the smack talkers now......whatever, I don't do the smack talk very often. BUT, I do have a question for FW......man, you have an awesome team, band, drill team and from previous posts....yall excel in all sports etc.... I followed my GPS which sent me through some REALLY NICE SUBDIVISION with MANSIONS! Yes, country came to town!  ;D Then we get to your stadium and the parking was unreal, the seating capacity was SO SMALL! To have such a good team and excel in all areas, yall need to spend some money on your parking and seating arrangements! Yall earned it and deserve it!

Anyway, Congrats to Friendswood! I don't like to get beat, but when we do.....I want to get beat by someone that goes FAR like Lake Travis......so I will be a fan of yours and follow you the rest of the year!(As in online because my BRONCOS come FIRST TO ME!) Good Luck!

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats, FW. I was at the game and was very impressed by QB Karam, 3 early TO's and did not faze him in the least. Our secondary did get torched. I will not whine and belly ache about it, you guys played a hell of a ball game. Our defense was probably on the field for 3 out of the 4 quarters which makes winning pretty difficult. Any way, good luck with your season and nice job. The Nebraska fans sitting by me in the stands were not impressed to say the least. Dayton will bounce back of that I am sure come district play. I still love my Broncos; Would have put the back up QB in but he played on defense the whole game, at least in the 4th qtr to get some seasoning, just my .02 on that though.

I guess the most suprising thing to me about this game, other than the fact that Dayton lost by 3 td's, is that Dayton's offense only scored one touchdown.  :o The other two td's came from special teams and defense.

Looks like the formula to beat these Broncos is to protect your QB and pass, pass, pass. Also, drop 7 in coverage and make Green run it.

Dayton just got plain beat.  Offense went three and out every series and in return left the defense on the field all night.  Nice win for the Mustangs.  I think this will be huge for both teams, building blocks.  Now I've got one thing to say, I was so freakn'mad by the time that I got to the stadium because of the parking situation!  Whats the deal?  On every corner there are half a million dollar homes and you could fit the stadium inside of Dayton's and the stadium is a mile from where you have to park.  Is there anything in the works for a new stadium and parking?  My brother lives over there so I know what kind of taxes he pays, surely ya'll can build a parking lot and bigger stands.  Anyways, nice win for FHS, ya'll deserved it, clearly the better team.

Friendswood is that good. Their QB Karam can sling it all over the field. He is going to Texas Tech for a reason. They know their QB's. He ain't no chump. I kept wandering why some of these Dayton fans thought this was going to be a cake walk. This dude is a gun slinger...a baller. Oh, how sweet it is. Now Dayton can focus their whining & attention to another team for a little while hopefully. Let the excuses begin. Oh, Dayton had an off night and oh this and oh that. Let's hear it!!! Friendswood just gave U a beatdown. All I can say is bad KARMA for U Dayton people. When yall beat Lumberton in the scrimmage U couldn't just be a good sport about it, U had to go and run your mouths and try & rub it in and say all of these bad things about us and bla bla bla. We had to hear it, now I hope U all have to hear it! Just waiting for the excuses...

I would expect this out of a U supporter.  It's ok honey, im sorry i've been talkn'smack to Lumberton, oh forgive me, please please......ha ha ha ha ha ha, ya'll make it way to easy on us!

That was pretty ugly, nothing like an old fashioned butt kickin'. All I can say is Toups Fearless Prediction hit the Nail on the head with the point spread of 63 but it wasn't in our favor. I new Friendswood would be tough but man that was horrible. Karam can sling that rock, and exploited our weaknesses. Congrats on the win, well deserved!

I was at the game, friendswood was dropping 7 in coverage, bringing 4 and dayton could not stop the 4, green had no where to throw or was running for his life, no running game at all, the defense can't cover and tries to arm tackle.

Friendswood had the quarterback in this game, i was sitting by a nebraska fan, and he was not impressed, not at all

Dayton might want to try and get those 5 suspended players back, they need help

:o

Karam is a stud and if you give him the time he will pick you apart. When I say time, I don't mean he needs to drop back, survey the field then pick a target. He already knows what his plan is before the ball is snapped and will nickle and dime you down the field if you let him. I am in no way bashing Dayton or da Wood so please don't take my post as being arrogant. The kid knows his offense like you and I know the back of our hands as he is as savvy as they come. I'm not including this link to brag, boast or rekindle LM's past achievements but instead to show you how you can beat Karam. In our meetings this young man hasn't ever beat us however the factor that allowed us to be victorious vs. him was to constantly put pressure on this kid as soon as the ball is snapped (it's very likely he will do so this year though). You can't use your gun if it's still in it's holster and if you stuff the hot passes then have Karam scramble he's less likely to be successful down the field and will try and force passes. Just my 2 cents for what it's worth...good luck to the team you support but remember, support them with class above all else!

Karam is a stud and if you give him the time he will pick you apart. When I say time, I don't mean he needs to drop back, survey the field then pick a target. He already knows what his plan is before the ball is snapped and will nickle and dime you down the field if you let him. I am in no way bashing Dayton or da Wood so please don't take my post as being arrogant. The kid knows his offense like you and I know the back of our hands as he is as savvy as they come. I'm not including this link to brag, boast or rekindle LM's past achievements but instead to show you how you can beat Karam. In our meetings this young man hasn't ever beat us however the factor that allowed us to be victorious vs. him was to constantly put pressure on this kid as soon as the ball is snapped (it's very likely he will do so this year though). You can't use your gun if it's still in it's holster and if you stuff the hot passes then have Karam scramble he's less likely to be successful down the field and will try and force passes. Just my 2 cents for what it's worth...good luck to the team you support but remember, support them with class above all else!

Good, true post. Last night he was making the plays even when we had pressure, he was on and picked apart is good way to describe it.

i know i didn't respond to any of the topics last night but was just disgusted in that mochery that was shown last night. they were sluggish, just looked like they wasn't even in the game. not taking anything away from friendswood, yall wanted it bad and took it. congrats to yall. maybe this will put a burr under their tail and wake them up. noone's invinceable in football. anything can happen. maybe that's what we needed to get going for district. i hope so anyways. was horendus. excuse my spelling. need to get cody not to panic . his receivers are out there. don't rush it. i think the coaches will find the problem. good luck in your district friendswood. yall have a great team.

Good, true post. Last night he was making the plays even when we had pressure, he was on and picked apart is good way to describe it.

I'm curious to know what kinda defense you guys were running to defend the pass? How good is your secondaries coverage abilities? Did you guys run tight man off the line to prevent the hot passes/quick slants? Did you run a zone and he found his receivers in the seams? Tight man is the way to go to utilize your speed vs. him as when he doesn't have the quick slants he has to check up to his wide outs who if are covered well will allow your speed to have him running for his life and either forcing passes or tallying up your sack totals? Also, did one of your LB's account for the running back coming out the backfield because they love the short dumps if it's available?

[i'm curious to know what kinda defense you guys were running to defend the pass? How good is your secondaries coverage abilities? Did you guys run tight man off the line to prevent the hot passes/quick slants? Did you run a zone and he found his receivers in the seams? Tight man is the way to go to utilize your speed vs. him as when he doesn't have the quick slants he has to check up to his wide outs who if are covered well will allow your speed to have him running for his life and either forcing passes or tallying up your sack totals? Also, did one of your LB's account for the running back coming out the backfield because they love the short dumps if it's available?

The defensive line was manhandled by the fw oline, linebackers could'nt tackle,and d-backs gave too much space because they were scared of getting beat deep. IMO they needed to find other ways to get the ball in Dugat's hands. I think they should line Dugat up in the backfield every once in awhile.

I was at the game, friendswood was dropping 7 in coverage, bringing 4 and dayton could not stop the 4, green had no where to throw or was running for his life, no running game at all, the defense can't cover and tries to arm tackle.

Friendswood had the quarterback in this game, i was sitting by a nebraska fan, and he was not impressed, not at all

Dayton might want to try and get those 5 suspended players back, they need help

how did the neb. fan feel last week???

bad game against a really good team. Bad combination.

Broncos took it on the chin. They'll get better and healthier and progress like they always do. I still won't miss a minute.

One observation from last night.... the fans that were yelling the loudest and running our kids down(especially Cody) are the ones who left with a quarter to go. Dayton fans, if you're gonna show your butts, at least stay for the whole game. Otherwise stay your tail at home. The kids don't need that type of support.

That was pretty ugly, nothing like an old fashioned butt kickin'. All I can say is Toups Fearless Prediction hit the Nail on the head with the point spread of 63 but it wasn't in our favor. I new Friendswood would be tough but man that was horrible. Karam can sling that rock, and exploited our weaknesses. Congrats on the win, well deserved!

Talk about MOJO working backwards....

I predicted 42 to 21, but GOT THE TEAMS BACKWARDS!!!!

I am trying to upload the videos to hsgametime.com, but the server is real slow...

Will get the videos up tomorrow morning and will also update my website tomorrow morning.

Hopefully this is my only pick to get totally BACKWARDS!

I hope my MOJO isn't turing to OJOM.....

ps....

CONGRATS TO FRIENDSWOOD!

I knew the Broncos were in trouble at the end of the first half.

We forced four Mustang turnovers and only had 1 touchdown.

Friendswood played a great game considering they really started off slowly.

The Broncos will be BACK!!!

ALWAYS BELIEVE!!!

I think this loss could do a lot of good for Dayton. No more pressure to be live up to state rankings.  I think it is a good lesson in humility.  Other teams will also start to underestimate yall.  I have a feeling that this is going to light a fire under those boys butts.  I think they are going to do a lot of damage come playoff time.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83