*HURRICANE IKE AFTERMATH AND COMMENTS*

KFDM COOP

I dont think rain is going to be the issue here guys...It's wind and storm surge..Remember, you will get winds out of the south so a Cat 2-3 bringing water with it from the south.

There is concern in bridge city because it's so low-lying and has water all around it.

Right now, Mobile (Alabama) is having flooding issues from Ike and they haven't received a drop of rain.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone help??  My wife is hysterical....she heard another station say BC will entirely go under water......Can anyone confirm or refute what was said???

Hoop???  Any evidence out there to what might happpen in BC???  MY Favorite station has only reported that the road from BC to PA may be cut off.....that's all I have heard.

We were on the left side (good) of Rita but got the eye stuff, which is nasty nasty.

Remember, we are dirty with Ike so there will be tornado outbreaks.

It's hard to guess right now but expect at least Cat 1 conditions:

Winds 75+

Storm surge generally 4-5 ft above normal. No real damage to building structures. Damage primarily to unanchored mobile homes, shrubbery, and trees. Some damage to poorly constructed signs. Also, some coastal road flooding and minor pier damage. Hurricane Lili of 2002 made landfall on the Louisiana coast as a Category One hurricane. Hurricane Gaston of 2004 was a Category One hurricane that made landfall along the central South Carolina coast.

after being held hostage by BISD until 6:15 this morning, we took off to head for dallas.  105 already looked way crowded, so we went 96 to marshall.  for every car heading the same direction as us, i saw 40 going back towards beaumont.  we ended up cutting over to dallas on 20, and we made it from beaumont to dallas in 5 hrs and 15 minutes, which is not really any slower than going by 45 when there isn't an evacuation.  I can't believe we didn't hit any snags!!!  if you haven't left yet, but are planning to, i'd suggest going through lumberton towards marshall.  from what i hear, 10, 105, and 90 are all very congested.

Latest coordinates show a strong jog north, should bump landfall up the coast slightly in the next advisories... ie as coop said between freeport/galveston.  Hope the thing is done jogging, should be tired by now.  At least it's weakening some.

Guest tigersvoice

If you have a place to go, do it. If you stay, there will be no power for lord knows how many days.

1st, calm her down. This is not Armageddon. 2nd, if you have a place to go, do it.

If you are going to invoke our Lord, Jesus Christ, then at least capitalize the word Lord.

Can someone help??  My wife is hysterical....she heard another station say BC will entirely go under water......Can anyone confirm or refute what was said???

Hoop???  Any evidence out there to what might happpen in BC???  MY Favorite station has only reported that the road from BC to PA may be cut off.....that's all I have heard.

According to where the storm makes landfall, it is entirely possible for Bridge City to get water over the streets. I think Bridge City is between 5 and 10 feet above sea level. This storm is pushing a larger storm surge than that. If it hits west of Galveston, you will probably be okay. If it starts moving our way and hit around High Island to Sea Rim, you might be in some serious trouble with water. You could potentially get several feet of water above some of the roads. It all depends on when and where.

Thanks TVC....That made her feel lot's better  ;D She wouldn't believe me and what I was trying to tell.  We are about 8ft above SL at my house.  When Rita came she had a 9 1/2 ft surge at the Rainbow Bridge and there was water over 87 and shut us off from PA.  I know we are on a different side but Rita so far was stronger and hit very close to home.....Just trying to reason it out.  ???

Thanks again TVC!  :) :)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83