Who wins? Lumberton vs Dayton

I know this was hit on a bit last year. But, had Lumberton and Dayton met again in the playoffs last year again.....who wins?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. I know this was hit on a bit last year. But, had Lumberton and Dayton met again in the playoffs last year again.....who wins?

• Lumberton
    • Dayton

I have a ton of respect for Lumberton, and the turnaround they made last year, but Dayton is the better team.  Lumberton had a great team last year, and managed to beat Dayton, but had they played 10 times, I bet Dayton would've won 7 or 8 of them.  This year, Lumberton will be good, but there very well could be a slight dropoff from last year's team.  I expect Dayton's team to be as strong or stronger than last year's team.  Dayton wins this matchup. 

My vote has to go to Dayton.  I never saw Dayton at the first of the season when they went through a drought, but I saw them near the end.  I also saw PNG play Lumberton, and Lumberton play La Marque.  I would have taken Dayton the second time around.....probably by at least 3 tds.

I agree.

If I remember correctly Dayton lost Green the week before the Lumberton game last season and Dugat (not Charles) actually started the game at QB that week. I give Lumberton all the credit in the world for beating Dayton, noone can take that away but IMO if they had played again in the playoffs last year the result would have been very different. 

If a frog had wings it would not bust his butt either.  They lined up their team and we lined up ours and won.  We can speculate all day the if's and what if's, but we fell just short of making this dream a reality by losing to Waller.  I would have loved to have gotten the oppertunity to play Dayton again, but it didnt happen.  But I do take some pride in knowing that it was the L-Train who gave Dayton their only District loss in 20-4A (out of 2 years)!

If a frog had wings it would not bust his A** either.  They lined up their team and we lined up ours and won.  We can speculate all day the if's and what if's, but we fell just short of making this dream a reality by losing to Waller.  I would have loved to have gotten the oppertunity to play Dayton again, but it didnt happen.  But I do take some pride in knowing that it was the L-Train who gave Dayton their only District loss in 20-4A (out of 2 years)!

calm down--it is only a hypothetical question---but one loss in two years hmmm............wouldn't that be a fluke?

If a frog had wings it would not bust his A** either.  They lined up their team and we lined up ours and won.  We can speculate all day the if's and what if's, but we fell just short of making this dream a reality by losing to Waller.  I would have loved to have gotten the oppertunity to play Dayton again, but it didnt happen.  But I do take some pride in knowing that it was the L-Train who gave Dayton their only District loss in 20-4A (out of 2 years)!

calm down--it is only a hypothetical question---but one loss in two years hmmm............wouldn't that be a fluke?

no lie 97..just take a breath.  ;D

no lie 97..just take a breath.   ;D

Hold on.... give me a sec guys... give me that paper bag.  Ok, OK,  I think I am ok.  Uh, ok, why does someone from PN-G care if Lumberton could beat Dayton again anyway? 

Hold on.... give me a sec guys... give me that paper bag.  Ok, OK,  I think I am ok.   Uh, ok, why does someone from PN-G care if Lumberton could beat Dayton again anyway? 

Because it is a forum and that is what people do, talk and give opinions, not fly off the handle about every comment. By the way maybe you should use a trash bag instead of a paper sack. If that doesn't work put the trash bag over your head and breath deeply.  ;D

Hold on.... give me a sec guys... give me that paper bag.  Ok, OK,  I think I am ok.   Uh, ok, why does someone from PN-G care if Lumberton could beat Dayton again anyway? 

Because it is a forum and that is what people do, talk and give opinions, not fly off the handle about every comment. By the way maybe you should use a trash bag instead of a paper sack. If that doesn't work put the trash bag over your head and breath deeply.  ;D

ok, do you need this paper bag?

Yeah, I guess I could probably use it. :D

Yeah, I guess I could probably use it. :D

:D

Completely off the subject, but, I think the phrase is "bump" his butt not bust it.  ;D

Look, I  know a lot of you hate the analysis of well this team beat this, and that team beat this, etc etc etc.  But, I saw what PNG did to Lumberton....yeah, the score was close and even the game was near the end.....however, overall (excluding the score and the end), PNG was on their way to a pretty easy win.  What I saw Dayton do to PNG was just crazy though.  PNG coulda played Dayton 10 times and would not have won a game under Daytons end of season state.  PNG was better than Lumberton at years end........Dayton was way better than PNG at years end.......Dayton was way better than Lumberton at years end.

For you mathmeticians:

PNG>Lumberton, Dayton>PNG, = Dayton>!Lumberton

Guest tigersvoice

Look, I  know a lot of you hate the analysis of well this team beat this, and that team beat this, etc etc etc.  But, I saw what PNG did to Lumberton....yeah, the score was close and even the game was near the end.....however, overall (excluding the score and the end), PNG was on their way to a pretty easy win.  What I saw Dayton do to PNG was just crazy though.  PNG coulda played Dayton 10 times and would not have won a game under Daytons end of season state.  PNG was better than Lumberton at years end........Dayton was way better than PNG at years end.......Dayton was way better than Lumberton at years end.

For you mathmeticians:

Well, "Laying", you present and interesting as well as amusing analysis.  Until the rules are changed, ALL OF THE DISTRICT GAMES count - not just the last few games of the season where your team is playing better than anyone else.  Your premise may be true, but it doesn't change anything.  Dayton lost a game at Lumberton that they probably should not have lost - BUT THEY DID.  That gave tremendous impetus to Lumberton.  And it made Dayton a little bit mad, too.  Both teams went into the playoffs ablaze; definately new ground for Lumberton whild it was old hat for Dayton.  Matters not an iota now - new season, new districts; everybody better get

in the present and forget the grudges from last year.

For you mathmeticians:

As I recall, it went like this:

Lumberton>Dayton,  Dayton>PN-G, PN-G>Lumberton.  I will go ahead and concede though, Dayton would beat Lumberton if they played at the end of the season... But Lumberton would have beat PN-G if they played at the end of the season also. 

Guest Its_All_About_Tha_U

For you mathmeticians:

Dude, you can't be serious....You say well if PNG beat Lumberton and Dayton beat PNG then that means Dayton is better and bla bla bla...That's your way of figuring this whole thing out huh? How about head to head score last year, since you are talking about last year. Some of you Dayton fans just need to let it go. You are talking about last year. This is 2008, get over it for the last time. We know you are bitter, but come on man! At the end of the day all that matters for last year is 8-7! Stop being the HATERS that you are. This doesn't go for all Dayton fans as I do know there are some nice ones that do come on here.

For you mathmeticians:

Dude, you can't be serious....You say well if PNG beat Lumberton and Dayton beat PNG then that means Dayton is better and bla bla bla...That's your way of figuring this whole thing out huh? How about head to head score last year, since you are talking about last year. Some of you Dayton fans just need to let it go. You are talking about last year. This is 2008, get over it for the last time. We know you are bitter, but come on man! At the end of the day all that matters for last year is 8-7! Stop being the HATERS that you are. This doesn't go for all Dayton fans as I do know there are some nice ones that do come on here.

Give me a break, Lumberton has no room to talk when it comes to the type of fans on this forum.

Anyway, we lost last year that is that, I don't like it but it is a done deal. Dayton and Lumberton are 1-1 over the last 2 years and the combined scores are Lumberton 15 - Dayton 62.  ;D  :o

For you mathmeticians:

Give me a break, Lumberton has no room to talk when it comes to the type of fans on this forum.

Anyway, we lost last year that is that, I don't like it but it is a done deal. Dayton and Lumberton are 1-1 over the last 2 years and the combined scores are Lumberton 15 - Dayton 62.  ;D  :o

Ouch!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami