Lumberton vs. HF Week 0 Predictions?

Guest Its_All_About_Tha_U

as i remember correctly, the first offensive drive they had during our scrimmage my senior year, last year, i started at defensive end and i blew right through the line and tackled the running back in the backfield. it goes to show you that with the horns quickness on defense this team is very dangerous and will be very productive this year!  ;)

Well well, you just must be some bad dude to just bust right through the line and tackle a running back. Dude...it was a scrimmage with the 2nd string playing most of the time. Some of you HF people seem to always bring up that scrimmage like it really meant something. I don't know who it was that said this last year...maybe one of the HF coaches or something said...they weren't impressed with Lumberton at all last year during the scrimmage and bla bla bla...then Lumberton goes and pulls off the season that they did. So you HF fans just keep putting a lot of stock into that SCRIMMAGE last year and see where that gets you.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as i remember correctly, the first offensive drive they had during our scrimmage my senior year, last year, i started at defensive end and i blew right through the line and tackled the running back in the backfield. it goes to show you that with the horns quickness on defense this team is very dangerous and will be very productive this year!  ;)

Well well, you just must be some bad dude to just bust right through the line and tackle a running back. Dude...it was a scrimmage with the 2nd string playing most of the time. Some of you HF people seem to always bring up that scrimmage like it really meant something. I don't know who it was that said this last year...maybe one of the HF coaches or something said...they weren't impressed with Lumberton at all last year during the scrimmage and bla bla bla...then Lumberton goes and pulls off the season that they did. So you HF fans just keep putting a lot of stock into that SCRIMMAGE last year and see where that gets you.

What's the difference in them talking bout that scrimmage and you'll talking bout LAST YEARS SEASON? Hey Lumberton 2008 is here just thought I'd let you'l know.

ok so why should I mark your word? give some reasons and they have to be good ones not because you said so or because last season was a fluke because football is to physical for flukes to happen. flukes happen in poker not football. but since this is a debate come with reasons why Lumberton will not make the playoffs.

Like here is my reasoning why they will.

#1 Our defensive front 7. 3 out of the 4 D-linemen returning and at LB Anthony Beard was that good for us last year that I think we will still be very good. Plus moving to the 4-3 was a great move by the coaches.

#2 OL Kyle Gilliam and Hunter Howden were the 2 best players from last year OL and they are coming back. Also Matt Burkhalter started the last 4 games as a Blocking TE in our 2 tight set which he got around 40 snaps a game in those last 4 and plus hes probably the strongest of all the linemen and is a brain child. That leaves the 2 Guard positions open and the likely candidates are Seth Cook who might be the best athlete of all the linemen and played in 4 games as a sophmore last season. Hunter Grillo who is simalar to Cook played in 4 games on varsity and Joey Swetland who has had a fantastic offseason and has become one of the stronger linemen. They could make this a better guard combo that last seasons 2. look for the OL to be better.

#3 Running Backs!!! we have had a run the last 4 years with a Stud in each class and it Started with Hussey. Hanna is gonna be the man replacing him and is a better athlete and is bigger and stronger. at 6' 212 right now he ran a 4.59 at the ULL football camp and has had some fantastic rushing performances in his career already. Sophmore year 24 carries 135 yards 2 TDs against Nederland when Hussey was out. Bridge City 2 carries for 102 yards and 2 TDs and yes I mean 2 carries. Anthony Beard and Ryan Asher will also get some carries at fullback and tailback and both are very Talented.

#4 the Coaches at Lumberton have really done a fantastic job the last 3 years with getting this programed turned around and the kids are starting to really bring that confidence to the field. The Dayton game last year was a masterful game plan and that win might have been the biggest in school history and really pushed them to the 11-2 season. This season will be no different as the coaches really do a great job adjusting to the players they have.

I'm not saying Lumberton will win every game or every year but I'm saying things are better and that this team has a decent amount of talent and I could see them having a very succesful season.

Its_All_About_Tha_U  you must have been someone good! man what school did you come from? i bet you sat the bench alot! :D enough with last year! i guess we will find out whos better than who when week 0 rolls around! and i hope, wait a sec, i know that the horns will roll right over lumberton! i just cant wait to see this happen! and when it does ill be there to watch it!!!!

#3 Running Backs!!! we have had a run the last 4 years with a Stud in each class and it Started with Hussey. Hanna is gonna be the man replacing him and is a better athlete and is bigger and stronger. at 6' 212 right now he ran a 4.59 at the ULL football camp and has had some fantastic rushing performances in his career already. Sophmore year 24 carries 135 yards 2 TDs against Nederland when Hussey was out. Bridge City 2 carries for 102 yards and 2 TDs and yes I mean 2 carries. Anthony Beard and Ryan Asher will also get some carries at fullback and tailback and both are very Talented.

He also returned one to the house that game  :o

But i predict Lumberton 35 HF 7 with Hanna rushing for 200+

I WISH YA LUMBERTON FANS WOULD WAKE UP ITS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN ANY WAY ON THE FANS OF LUMBERTON YA ACT LIKE  YA ARE DIE HARD FANS I REMEMBER ABOUT 5 YEARS AGO GOING TO A LUMBERTON GAME THERE WAS ABOUT 10 PEOPLE ON THE HOME SIDE NOW YA TURN THE HOLE TOWN OUT YA HAVE BE THERE FOR THE BAD SEASONS TO

Horns r #1..... I Love that statement!!!! Last year during the Waller game there was some guy dogging the Coaches because they lost to Waller. You would think after an 11-2 season where you make the playoffs for the first time the fans would be more respectful

What's the difference in them talking bout that scrimmage and you'll talking bout LAST YEARS SEASON? Hey Lumberton 2008 is here just thought I'd let you'l know.

Guys scrimmages are nothing but practice, they don't mean much at all. I remember one year Lumberton apparantly spanked West Orange-Stark at a scrimmage, but, as of yet, they've never beat WOS during a regular game. The day we do will be an extremely happy day for me. To me, bringing down Hooks' team would be sweeeeeeet. Coach, put 'em on the schedule.

Guest Its_All_About_Tha_U

Its_All_About_Tha_U  you must have been someone good! man what school did you come from? i bet you sat the bench alot! :D enough with last year! i guess we will find out whos better than who when week 0 rolls around! and i hope, wait a sec, i know that the horns will roll right over lumberton! i just cant wait to see this happen! and when it does ill be there to watch it!!!!

Hey man, I'm not the one coming on here trying to pump myself up talking about how bad I was running right over the Lumberton line, etc. You say enough with last year but you're the one talking about the scrimmage last year.

Has anyone given any thought as to where the lumberton fans will sit for this game? The visitor side will maybe hold the band and the raiderettes.

Well there is a nice hamshire water tower that will give you a good view  ;D

But seriously, I imagine that you will have to line the fences to watch this one.

No way, Lumberton will get to work a lot of underclassmen and try some things in this one. Lumberton by 3 TD's easy.

This was my prediction at first, I wold like to change it a little.

If H-F has a good D-line and can hold L-towns RB's or at least slow them down they will have a chance. If H-F has a decent secondary they won't have to worry about Lumbertons passing game. If H-F doesn't have a good D-line then that is another story Beard and Hannah will run all over them. They are some big ole boys that don't like to go down. Again if H-F has a stout D-line then they will win by 7, providing their o-line is decent as well.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder