Will the real JCJ stand up?

Can't seem to rile anyone up with my previous rantings.  One more shot.

I've always thought that JCJ was a feeder program for Nederland and PNG.  They seem to have had more of their ladies on the club teams than all other area schools combined.

I've also been told that the JCJ coaches are appointed/approved by the two organizations and are told who to start and who to play which position.

I am a fan of JCJ and both of your excellent programs and hope that I don't offend either of you.  Can someone straighten me out on this situation.  I would also like to know the names of other leagues like JCJ in the area.

We can't get top billing on SETXsports if we don't talk.  Love HS Volleyball in Southeast Texas.

jcj, orange county juniors and from time to time hardin county juniors are the only clubs that really exist here in southeast tx. the coaches for JCJ are usually the best of all the local clubs.... sorry, i have even coached in the other clubs and know that the JCJ coaches are typically the best.

the leaders of JCJ are more in the know with players from lamar and other good player/coaches. they aren't really told to play certain players.... but they might have someone on their team who plays for a friend that they want to help out.... that is possible, but who really knows.

Have to agree with RevFaulk on this one.  JCJ has the best club volleyball organization in the area. They usually have the best coaches and players in the area. OCJ is almost exclusively LC-M athletes. Many of the OCJ coaches and board members are typically from LC-M. Not knocking OCJ, its a good organization, just JCJ is more diversified.

I have to agree with both comments.  They are both excellent and successful organizations. 

Do either of you know who is on the JCJ board?  Are they diversified? 

I know that the OCJ board is pretty much from LCM while a few players are from other schools.  Their membership fees are somewhat less than JCJ.  While LCM doesn't cut players, they do usually have a practice squad for players not making the regular teams.  JCJ has tryouts and selects teams.  Both of the clubs rarely recruit players.  Don't know how many teams JCJ normally has.  OCJ has a large number of teams each year.

Vidor had three or four teams when Coach Mathews was there.  Don't know if they still have club teams.

it's just the day and age we are living in now, but you almost have to play your sport year round if you want to be successful. i know the coach at nederland was on the board for JCJ and that is a great help because she(and i am sure others helped too) could get coaches from all over the place (not parents of the girls on the team. big difference). and she also had a stake in the matter. so she wanted to get the best coaches possible because a lot of the players on the teams were going to be from nederland.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami