Crush(Cole)

I found the following in the NAFA Rule Book:

CODE OF CONDUCT

Coaches are expected to be leaders and must comply with the following prinicples and ethics:

a. Develop and maintain a comprehensive knowledge of current NAFA softball rules.

d. Comply wholeheartedly with the spirit and intent of the rules. THE DELIBERATE TEACHING OF PLAYERS TO VIOLATE THE RULES IS INDEFENSIBLE.

e. Teach their parents to respect the diginity and intergrity of the game, opponents, officials, spectators and the institutions they represent.

f. Prohibit team personnel from using profanity or making personal or malicious remarks towards opponents, officials, or spectators.

I could go on, but why bother?  I think the four things I have listed just about cover everything the GCB crowd did NOT do once they realized they were disqualified.

GCB may want to argue all the reasons why listing players from another GCB team on their roster was not a big deal.  They may go on and on about how Crush (Cole) was sooooooooo scared and by doing so, try to shift the focus to our team.  They can split hairs about whether or not is it considered cheating, but the bottom lines is that the GCB coaches, parents and players all knew that they were breaking the rules & chose to do it anyway.

First I want to congratulate Crush.  In light of everything else that has been said, that seems to have been lost, the fact that those girls did place in this tournament.  Second, I have read all of these posts and in my opinion BOTH teams should be embarassed.  Breakers for any unethical behavior they MAY have exhibited (wasn't there to see for myself) and for starting this by posting on eteamz of ALL places, and Crush for feeding into all of it and responding!!!  You all seem to forget one thing, these girls are mostly local players and may be playing on the same teams together at some point, whether in select, high school or even college ball.  Everyone needs to learn how to get along and quit beating this dead horse!!  GROW UP PEOPLE!!! And stop pointing fingers!!  Yes, I'm sure that mistakes were made, things were said, actions were taken that were inappropriate but NOBODY is perfect and I'm sure that everyone of you coaches somewhere down the line have either said, done or even THOUGHT about breaking the rules, whether intentional or not.  As a softball parent I just love seeing all of this aired on the internet for everyone to see, especially when organizations are trying to draw teams to come play over here and get exposure for Beaumont.  Talk about EXPOSURE!  For anyone from out of town who was unfortunate enough to witness the drama unfold this weekend it sounds like Beaumont, Orange, Mid County and the rest of the Golden Triangle were well represented.

Guest osue200

I do not seem to recall ANY OCG players that are elligible to play 14 u this year. Could you might possibly be mistaken?

Yeah Yeah Yeah    Cut me some slack it was force of habit.

Guest b-a-g fan

What is lost here, is The Breaker name was blimished by this move. Organizations need to hold coaches who represent there  organization acountable. To this day every time I see a team from Sting I am reminded of this same move on a National qualifier tourney and that is a shame because sting is a fantastic organization . Bottom line if you can't follow the rules except the critisism. Everyone has tried something they know is wrong, but most take the heat and deal with it .

What is lost here, is The Breaker name was blimished by this move. Organizations need to hold coaches who represent there  organization acountable. To this day every time I see a team from Sting I am reminded of this same move on a National qualifier tourney and that is a shame because sting is a fantastic organization . Bottom line if you can't follow the rules except the critisism. Everyone has tried something they know is wrong, but most take the heat and deal with it .

Right Cheater #1.  J/K, you paid your dues.

The coach in question has been in softball for a VERY long time and knew the rules. He also had a disagreement with me about a dropped 3rd strike ruling because he and his assistants did not know how the rule were written. I know he knows the rule but seemed to act as though he didn't. His explaination on the extra girls was that he was not going to use them unless he needed them. When he turned in his lineup and they were listed then he BROKE the rules. What is a real shame is the girls he has are very good. He shouldn't need to pull this kind of stuff.

Maybe he talked with MC Elite coach.   ;D

;D ;D That is the first thing I thought of too. 

Maybe this should be a topic for a new post, but I'll ask it here anyway...Are there different levels of cheating or is breaking the rules breaking the rules?

Which MC Elite team are ya'll talking about? From Willis or Magnolia?

MC Elite team with the coach that has initials of GS

Ok thanks, I have no idea who that is but it's not either of the teams I was asking about so it doesn't matter.

There is a diffrent level of cheating   , whether you get caught or not  ;) 

Quoted by the man who created some NEW levels of cheating!  #1 cheater is famous for the "10 minute delay" level.  It takes about 10 minutes after the cheat before you start asking yourself..."Hey, what just happened here?"   ??? (and then you also realize about half the balls are missing from your bucket!!)  :o

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami