STJFL

REGISTRATION FOR THE STJFL FOOTBALL WILL BE MAY 10TH AND MAY 17TH AT THE USW HALL AT 1609 PORT NECHES AVE FROM 9AM TO 1PM  FLAG THRU SENIOR TACKLE, 95$ FOR FLAG AND $110 FOR ALL OTHER CLASSES INCLUDING CHEERLEADING, THE STJFL IS 11 CITIES THIS YEAR, BE SURE TO SIGN UP EARLY AS ONLY THE FIRST 25 PLAYERS ARE GUARANTEED A SPOT IN EACH CLASSIFICATION AFTER THAT A WAITING LISST WILL BE STARTED WE HAD 2 TEAMS IN EACH CLASS LAST YEAR XCEPT SENIOR

NEED REPORT CARD AND BIRTH CERTIFICATE TO SIGN UP, 5 THU 12 YEARS OLD

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I dont understand is why they keep changing the weight limits for kids? A friend of mines son cryed himself to sleep the other night bc they moved the weight down 30 pounds and now they are gonna go play lonestar football in silsbee. I think this is ludicris, yall need to pick a weight and stick with it. One that most kids can play at not just the skinny kids.

Im talking about a kid who weights 145 who isnt being allowed to play and from what I understand is the weight rule has been changed 3 times in the last three years. Another thing is your discrimnating against kids who are bigger. Football is one of the only sports where bigger kids excel but your totally taking that sport away from them until middle school. I agree that there should be weight limits for Jr leauge but not for seniors because the next season 95 pound Johnny is gonna be going againts 195 pound bobby. Hes gotta learn sometime but kids ussually dont get hurt at that age at least not seriously because the game isnt played at full speed. The last time there was a serious injury to a kid in middle school was a kid breaking his ankle jumping a fence. Make a rule where 195 pound bobby cant play running back so he doesnt get a full head of steam before he rolls over those 95 pounders. Put bobby on the line so he just gets to push them down and lay on them.

You were not involved with the league last year, my sons peewee team left players laying on the ground having to be helped off almost every game they played and thats PW and the Jr tackle team had a kid that had to be flown out to UTMB, so yeah the game is played at full speed, our RBs, TBs and FBs knew the weight requirement and made sure and met it by the time the weight in came also you have 3 turns to meet the weight requirements

What I dont understand is why they keep changing the weight limits for kids? A friend of mines son cryed himself to sleep the other night bc they moved the weight down 30 pounds and now they are gonna go play lonestar football in silsbee. I think this is ludicris, yall need to pick a weight and stick with it. One that most kids can play at not just the skinny kids.

Your friend's son will benefit from playing in Silsbee with LoneStar Junior Football, they have very good Coaches and they are always competitive.  Last year was my son's final year in Little League with LoneStar, LoneStar is a first rate organization, tell your friend's son to stay positive and go play in Silsbee this year, he'll enjoy it.

I enjoy football, but to have tackle start at 7 years old is crazy. I could see maybe 9 years old, but tackle starts way too young in this league. Hopefully that will change.  The weight for senior tackle should be 125 - 130 lbs, I don't what it is now.  It sounds like there are some kids that need to get out of the house and exercise. If you have a kid 195 lbs and only 12 years old, you might want to bring him to a doctor.

PeeWee tackle is just a way to get them used to the equipment and tackling its a good in between from flag to tackle, used to jump straight from flag into Jr tackle and alot of kids were not used to being hit and the heat that comes with the equipment, anyways i love it and most important is my son does too

• 2 weeks later...
Guest STJFL

I don't know where this information is comming from, but the only weight that has changed this year is the senior tackle top end and it went up to 155.  Nothing has dropped 30 pounds like stated before.  We have raised the weight every year for 3 years, so WTB you need to get your info from somewhere else so it will be correct. We are trying to allow more big kids to play, not just the skinny ones.  The only way the kid that weighs 145# couild not play is if he falls in to the older/lighter catagory.  Then he can only weigh 120.  If he falls into this catagory, he was most likely held back or failed a grade.

Who ever steelercrazy is, don't start your crap again they are both first class organizations.  Kids will benifit from playing in either organization.

As far as kids starting tackle at 7, they start in the Houston area at 6, they are much more protected with equipment on than not. 

There are no 195# kids playing in either league.

I think I have answered all the non-factual information on here, but if I missed something let me know. 

Please get your facts straight before you start spouting off about something you know nothing about.

Thanks 

I don't know where this information is comming from, but the only weight that has changed this year is the senior tackle top end and it went up to 155.  Nothing has dropped 30 pounds like stated before.  We have raised the weight every year for 3 years, so WTB you need to get your info from somewhere else so it will be correct. We are trying to allow more big kids to play, not just the skinny ones.  The only way the kid that weighs 145# couild not play is if he falls in to the older/lighter catagory.  Then he can only weigh 120.  If he falls into this catagory, he was most likely held back or failed a grade.

Who ever steelercrazy is, don't start your crap again they are both first class organizations.  Kids will benifit from playing in either organization.

As far as kids starting tackle at 7, they start in the Houston area at 6, they are much more protected with equipment on than not. 

I think I have answered all the non-factual information on here, but if I missed something let me know. 

Please get your facts straight before you start spouting off about something you know nothing about.

Thanks 

Just stating facts STJFL, about Silsbee and their Coaches,  the only crap is coming from your mouth, as usual.

Thanks 

Just stating facts STJFL, about Silsbee and their Coaches,  the only crap is coming from your mouth, as usual.

Sorry but STJFL is correct in all of his statements

Thanks 

Sorry but STJFL is correct in all of his statements

Not when it comes to calling me out he's not, I never even mentioned STJFL, I mentioned that WTB would have a positive experience with Silsbee and LJFL.  STJFL has a problem with reading one's post before getting diarrhea of the mouth.

STJFL, I was just stating my opinion about 7 being too young for tackle. I lived in Houston and my son played at 6 years old over there and it was flag. It doesn't matter, but it was my opinion. I think your league is a good organization, but hopefully your not getting ticked at me because I said 7 is too young? Anyways hope your league has a good and injury free year.

Guest STJFL

WTB,  What league are you talking about here in the above quote from yourself?  If they are moving to Lonstar, they must have been playing in the STJFL.  Just my observation, I could be wrong.  If you are talking about the STJFL then like I sais before you don't know what you are talking about.  If you are not talking about the STJFL then I apologize.

Scalp em,  I was just giving you some info of why we went to a 7-8 tackle division, noone getting ticked here.  Thats the bad thing about text you can never tell what someones intentions are.

The kid I'm talking about was held back so the weight will be 120 for him next year but dont drag me into your argument with the other guy.

But as for dropping the weight for kids that were held back... It isnt really fair in my opinion. I understand why you change the weight because those kids have the extra year of physical maturity but you end up losing kids. There are alot of kids who have been held back these days for various reason.

And as for my opinion on the weight limit, I played OL in highschool and college and I think that you need to give those types of kids an oppurtunity to play. Right now in the 6th grade class in Lumberton has 4 kids who are 5'11 plus who all weight above 150 and many more big kids who havent played or out grew the weight limit. We have one kid who is 210 and is a much better athlete than most of the kids in his age group. These guys need to be getting a chance to put the pads on and learn to play the game like everyone else. 

Guest STJFL

You are right WTB kids on average are bigger these days.  We have raised the weights 25 pounds in the last couple of years.  The only kids that are limited more are the older lighter kids.  If it were up to me it would be unlimited at the senior tackle division, but we vote on everything as a board and everyone has an equal vote.  The greatest majority has decided for now they we are not ready  to go unlimited.  Although keep in mind we have made great strides in the last couple of years.  I am not trying to argue with you so dont take it the wrong way, I am just trying to provide facts about what I know to be true.  I hope this helps.

• 1 month later...

Tryouts for the PNG league are supposed to be next week on Monday, July 7, Tuesday, July 8 and Thursday, July 10.  The draft is supposed to be on Thursday after tryouts.  We are supposed to be receiving phone calls but we haven't yet. ???

Guest bigbaddog

driving  by one of the png schools sunday evening and seen some kids practing football and it looked like 11and 12 yr olds

Tryouts for the PNG league are supposed to be next week on Monday, July 7, Tuesday, July 8 and Thursday, July 10.  The draft is supposed to be on Thursday after tryouts.  We are supposed to be receiving phone calls but we haven't yet. ???

Any new info on this? do i have my son out there tommarow and at what time and where?????????????

Guest gladiator2

If anyone is interested in a Sports Fitness Trainer for youths all the way up to High School you can go to the baseball forum and some info is available or you can call Michael Cook @ 832-514-9862. His facility is located in Groves. Thanks.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder

• It was and remains perfectly timed and choregraphed Kangaroo Court, whatever Cohen just said or lied about.  Face it, under Soros installed Biden and Merrick Garland, the USA is now officially a Bananna Republic with a Goverment that weaponizes itself against and destroys its political rivals. Putin and Xi are SO proud!  Dang I miss Democracy.       
    • I haven’t been watching closely, but even the liberal sources even tell the story as “the defense really took apart Cohen’s testimony on Thursday.” It sounds like sloppy work from the prosecution to point out a specific call as being “the one,” when it was easily concluded that this particular call could not have occurred the way that Cohen (and the prosecution) claim it to have happened.    The bad news is that I doubt that it matters much-I suspect that most jurors minds were closed before testimony started.   I don’t see Trump leaving with anything less than a conviction based on the venue (NYC).
    • Tough case all the way around.  The guy had a lot of online activity come out where he made racist statements and statements about killing BLM protesters and looters.  So when he then goes out and does it, it looks really bad.  I've seen a lot of videos where people have driven through protestors, defended themselves against them, etc., and didn't bat an eye.  This feels different, but that doesn't necessarily make it murder, either.  His account of the events that happened vs. the witness accounts were both very different, but I'd also expect both sides' accounts to be self-serving and inaccurate to fit their narrative.  Not really sure what to think on this one.  
    • @CardinalBacker   Wanted to get your thoughts on how Cohen did as Bragg's star witness..... My Take: The State spent two days acknowledging that Cohen lied all the time but now he has come clean,,,,,,,it took the defense (having same evidence state had), just a few hours to confirm Cohen lied to the current jury a couple days ago......  While I thought initially Trump would be found guilty due to venue, with best case a hung jury, there is now a pretty good chance he will be acquitted...... Thoughts anyone??   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up
    • I can only imagine what you over heard. With most of that group there’s no telling. 
  • Topics