Fishing Spots for Young Kids

I have two kids under 5 years old that I would love to take fishing.  Anyone have a good place that iI dont need a boat for to catch like some little perch or something with them.

How far are you willing to drive and from what area?

in Mauriceville there is a canal that crosses FM1130 two or three times. i live in Mauriceville and i fish there all the time. nuttin real big but lots of perch, little bass, and mud cat. havent been in a few months but ive been seein lots of families out there fishin so i guess the fish are bitin.

there is also a canal that crosses HWY 87 goin towards deweyville. there is also a pond by club 87 through the woods but might need a four wheeler to get to. i like canals for perch fishin cause they are often overlooked by most people but lots of fun when you find a perch bed.

also in Bridge City you can take your kids crabbin and they can also catch little croaker and black drum. maybe even a few reds. there are lots of spots like Baileys Road or closer by the Rainbow and Memorial Bridges to crab or fish off the bank

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

There is a stocked catfish pond at one of the parks on Dam B.  My granddaughters, 3 of em,

have all caught their first catch there.  I don't sure of the name of it, cause my son took em,

not me, but if interested I can get the name for you.

• 2 months later...

i know where you can catch more fish than you can put in your car.  its in this mans back yard.  i  swore not to tell.

Oh I've been there...last time I went we put the fish in the back of my truck and after an hour all four tires imploded from the weight

I don't know if you'd call it "fishing" or not but if you take your kids crabbing they will have absolute blast.  I went to Pleasure Island and mopped up on em. My kids were constantly catching and we had the time of our life. 

OH yea its called fishing, get caught without fishing lisc and stamp while crabbing, you will be given a ticket for 'FISHING without a lisc'  ;D

I don't know if you'd call it "fishing" or not but if you take your kids crabbing they will have absolute blast.  I went to Pleasure Island and mopped up on em. My kids were constantly catching and we had the time of our life. 

OH yea its called fishing, get caught without fishing lisc and stamp while crabbing, you will be given a ticket for 'FISHING without a lisc'  ;D

Stamp?

Stamp?

Saltwater Stamp I believe.

Stamp?

YUP

Stamp?

Well crap I thought I was all legal.  Glad I didn't get caught.  How much extra are these money grabbing items?

Stamp?

Well crap I thought I was all legal.  Glad I didn't get caught.  How much extra are these money grabbing items?

Fresh/Salt and stamp is $45.00 I think

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami