Mid County Sr Babe Ruth 2008 Season

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2008 Babe Ruth League Awards

18 yr old MVP VJ Bunner (Vid)

16 yr old MVP Sammy Sparrrow (PNG)

Co-Pitching Award Aaron McFarland (Ned) Aaron Bender (WB)

Sportsmanship Will Fontnow (Vid)

17/18 yr old Tournament Team

Adam Broussard...Nederland

Will Fontnow...Vidor

Stephen McDonough..Lum

Aaron McFarland...Nederland

Chad Sims....Vidor

Eric Bender.....Westbrook

Justin Richard...Nederland

Austin Sangster...PNG

Randall Courville......Hamshire-Fannett

Mitch Todd......PNG

Jude Vidrine....Nederland

Jon Carnahan....PNG

Ryan Sampere...Nederland

VJ Bunner...Vidor

JJ Garcia…PNG

Eric Harrington...PNG

Taylor Robichau...Vidor

Ben Jones....LCM

16 Yr old Tournament Team

Taylor Thompson...LCM

Jacob Lynch…PNG

Sammy Sparrow…PNG

Chris Sweetingham…PNG

Trey Terracino....Nederland

Adam Zahradnic…Ned

Ross Foret…WB

Cody Laird…Ned

Skylar Stampley…Lum

Brandon Landry…LCM

Dylan Mulhollan.....Bridge City

Sean Oâ€Connell…Kelly

Ryan Brady…Nederland

Marcus Louivere…Ned

Blake Reyenga…PNG

Jackson Broussard…Ned

Taylor Williams…Ned

Warm up game for Mid County's 16, who will start their State Tournment July 4th at Nederland Baseball field.

Golden Triangle Baseball.......000-100-000-0....1-7-3

Mid County 16's..................111-022-000-x....7-6-1

Pitchers for Mid County

Cody Laird (Ned)

Sammy Sparrow (PNG)

Ryan Brady (Ned)

Blake Reyenga (PNG)

Dylan Mulholan (BC)

Sammy Sparrow (PNG) 1-2, (2B)

Dylan Mulholan (BC) 1-4 (2B)

Sean O'Connell (Kelly) 2-3

Cody Laird (Ned) 1-4

Taylor Williams (Ned) 1-3

Thanks to Lamar for Vincent Beck and Coach Rojas of GT. Also nice to see Babe Ruth alumni coaching GT, Derek Kilmer and Justin Rhodes.   

This 18 yr old team should roll through to the world series. Youre 9 deep on the hill and its not just any arms. Youve got 9 very good pitchers. This team is better than the team that won it in 2002. They might not lose a game.

Very bold statement...can someone post the 02. Not sure if this years is better then 02 team.

The 2002 team was 16 yr old not 18. Here is the roster of the 02 team that won it all.

Michael Brady  (Ned)

Chris Carrell  (Ned)

Logan Champagne (PNG)

Collin Delome  (Buna)

Chase Dunkelberg (Lumberton)

Lance Elizondo (Hamshire-Fannett)

Blaine Foreman (PNG)

Evan Foxworth  (Ned)

Reese Guidry  (PNG)

Allen Harrington (PNG)

Chad Hebert  (PNG)

Derek Ray  (Lumberton)

Skylar Sparrow  (Ned)

Jason Stutes (PNG)

Travis Thompson (Ned)

Josh Waite (Ned)

Chris Wood  (PNG)

18 yr old

Babe Ruth Baseball

East Texas State

Wharton, Brazoswood, Bay City, Mid County

Game 1 Fri 5:30 pm Wharton vs Brazoswood

Game 2 Fri 8:00 pm Bay City vs Mid County

Game 4 Sat 12:30 pm Loser Gm 1 vs Loser Gm 2

Game 3 Sat 3:00 pm Winner Gm 1 vs Winner Gm 2

Game 5 Sat 8:00 pm Loser Gm 3 vs Winner Gm 4

Game 6 Sun 2:00 pm Winner Gm 3 vs Winner Gm 5

If 2nd game is necessary it will played 30 minutes after the conclusion of game 6 is

necessary

This is amazing!  Aaron McFarland got the Co-pitching award!!  That's not bad for a 1B/3B man.  Great for Him!!  Too bad the school coach chose not to use him!!  Congraduations to all and I hope you guys go a long way and have a lot of fun!   Play the ball-throw it , hit it, field it; hustle all the time; run out all batted balls, chase all batted balls until they hit the ground, let no ground ball get past you.  Out fielders, put a knee down to stop all ground balls.  Infielders, get a quick look at your target before you throw and adjust your feet to make good throws.

Play hard and be good sportsman.  Have no fear-have confidence!

2008 Babe Ruth League Awards

18 yr old MVP VJ Bunner (Vid)

16 yr old MVP Sammy Sparrrow (PNG)

Co-Pitching Award Aaron McFarland (Ned) Aaron Bender (WB)

Sportsmanship Will Fontnow (Vid)

Will Fontnow...Vidor

Stephen McDonough..Lum

Chad Sims....Vidor

Eric Bender.....Westbrook

Austin Sangster...PNG

Mitch Todd......PNG

Jon Carnahan....PNG

Ryan Sampere...Nederland

VJ Bunner...Vidor

JJ Garcia…PNG

Eric Harrington...PNG

Taylor Robichau...Vidor

Ben Jones....LCM

even more amazing..............your comparing pitching in babe ruth leagues with pitching in High School Baseball.........lol :D

and I'm not downing the league admin....I'm an alum!! and loved every minute of it!!!!

Keep improving Aaron...you'll get your time!!

Hey, I'm sure Aaron will keep trying to improve and he appreciates that last statement.  But you hurt my feelings when you laugh.  If you look at the rosters of all the guys who played this year as shown somewhere else besides this all-star list, there were a lot of really good high school players playing in this league, such as, Bunner, Harrington, Carnahan, Todd, Robichau, Jones, Fontnow, McDonough, Sims, Vidrine, Sampere, etc, you get the idea.  These were some of the best in their districts, so, I am still amazed at what McFarland has done.  Of course, it's not the same as high school ball, the adrenalin is not flowing and the crowds are small and the rivalry is not there but the skill and talent doesn't leave those kids back at the school.  So please, don't laugh. 

Guest gladiator2

There is a difference when all that you are asked to throw is 2 or 3 innings instead of 7 and that's pretty much how they played this year in Babe Ruth. It's still a nice accomplishment considering the names mentioned above. Good Luck to all!!!

Babe Ruth is a great organization.  They do not profess to be the best team in the area.  Looks like to me only the scores and recap of games are posted.

There is no need  to "toot their own horns" as so many do on here.  Judging from the rosters many kids seem to be having fun. I recognize many names that have been the front runners of their high school teams' success.

Wow...what a roster.

I challenge anyone to find one of these highly touted select teams that could play with that team because I don't think there is one.

I agree. This has got to be one of the strongest squads they have put together in a long time.

For $75.00, you get a hat that you can keep, jersey you must turn in, 12 games no practice and you must chase foul balls from the dugout even if your the MVP and signed at Div 1.

If you strike out with the bases loaded, your teamates might rib you, if your hammered on the mound don't look to the dugout.

In 10 years your teamate might deliver your baby, sell you a set of tires or bail you out of jail.

For $75.00, you get a hat that you can keep, jersey you must turn in, 12 games no practice and you must chase foul balls from the dugout even if your the MVP and signed at Div 1.

If you strike out with the bases loaded, your teamates might rib you, if your hammered on the mound don't look to the dugout.

In 10 years your teamate might deliver your baby, sell you a set of tires or bail you out of jail.

In addition to all that.. you get to make and be with friends that you may be lucky enough to keep for a lifetime.  Some of the new friends may only be in each others lives for the summer.  I know that after many summers of ball there has been lots of laughter and lots of friends made.  Some of them are not even from mid county.  After months of high school drills and long practices and screaming from the stands about what is not "fair", it is nice to sit in the stands and watch these wonderful young men laugh at each other and have fun. 

It could be worse... they could be home with nothing to do and be in the parents hair....hahaha

Mid County's 17-18 beat Wharton in the championship game. They went undefeated with 3 wins. Aaron Bender (WB) got the win going 6 innings with Ryan Sampere (Ned) closing the 7th. Just by memory Taylor Robichau (Vid) had a double and VJ Bunner (Vid), Randall Courville (HF) had a couple of hits. Jon Carnahan (PNG) was chosen the MVP in the tournament.

Mid County 16's after running into the pitching of Kyle Looper (Wharton) the BC crowd will remember him from the playoffs, came back in game 3 to win the 16 yr old title. Dylan Mulhollan (BC) got the win and Jackson Broussard (Ned) finished nicely for the 16's. Sean O'Connell (Kelly) won the MVP by going 8-10 with 9 rbi's.

The 17-18's move on to El Dorado Ark and the 16's to Fort Smith, Ark for the regional tourney.   

Good video of the 18's win with Aaron Bender (WB) and Jon Carnahan (PNG) interviews.

This is the hidden content, please

Will Fontnow...Vidor

Stephen McDonough..Lum

Aaron Bender.....Westbrook

Austin Sangster...PNG

Mitch Todd......PNG

Jon Carnahan....PNG

Ryan Sampere...Nederland

VJ Bunner...Vidor

JJ Garcia…PNG

Eric Harrington...PNG

Taylor Robichau...Vidor

Ben Jones....LCM

16 Yr old Tournament Team

Jacob Lynch…PNG

Sammy Sparrow…PNG

Chris Sweetingham…PNG

Trey Terracina....Nederland

Adam Zahradnic…Ned

Ross Foret…WB

Cody Laird…Ned

Skylar Stampley…Lum

Brandon Landry…LCM

Dylan Mulhollan.....Bridge City

Sean Oâ€Connell…Kelly

Ryan Brady…Nederland

Marcus Louivere…Ned

Blake Reyenga…PNG

Jackson Broussard…Ned

Taylor Williams…Ned

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder

• Cohen……a lying, backstabbing pos who does nothing but lie every time he opens his mouth. Let him utter words the prosecution wants to hear, and we can convict. Cohen told his ex advisor that he wanted to kill himself. What a worldly loss that would be. Let anyone on this board be put through the wringer with false charges and lies like Trump has had to endure, and you would be screaming at the top of your lungs how illegal all of this is.
    • It was and remains perfectly timed and choregraphed Kangaroo Court, whatever Cohen just said or lied about.  Face it, under Soros installed Biden and Merrick Garland, the USA is now officially a Bananna Republic with a Goverment that weaponizes itself against and destroys its political rivals. Putin and Xi are SO proud!  Dang I miss Democracy.       
    • I haven’t been watching closely, but even the liberal sources even tell the story as “the defense really took apart Cohen’s testimony on Thursday.” It sounds like sloppy work from the prosecution to point out a specific call as being “the one,” when it was easily concluded that this particular call could not have occurred the way that Cohen (and the prosecution) claim it to have happened.    The bad news is that I doubt that it matters much-I suspect that most jurors minds were closed before testimony started.   I don’t see Trump leaving with anything less than a conviction based on the venue (NYC).
    • Tough case all the way around.  The guy had a lot of online activity come out where he made racist statements and statements about killing BLM protesters and looters.  So when he then goes out and does it, it looks really bad.  I've seen a lot of videos where people have driven through protestors, defended themselves against them, etc., and didn't bat an eye.  This feels different, but that doesn't necessarily make it murder, either.  His account of the events that happened vs. the witness accounts were both very different, but I'd also expect both sides' accounts to be self-serving and inaccurate to fit their narrative.  Not really sure what to think on this one.  
    • @CardinalBacker   Wanted to get your thoughts on how Cohen did as Bragg's star witness..... My Take: The State spent two days acknowledging that Cohen lied all the time but now he has come clean,,,,,,,it took the defense (having same evidence state had), just a few hours to confirm Cohen lied to the current jury a couple days ago......  While I thought initially Trump would be found guilty due to venue, with best case a hung jury, there is now a pretty good chance he will be acquitted...... Thoughts anyone??   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up
  • Topics