* Russell McDaniel New Deweyville HC!!!!*

while the last 3 years have been better than the recent past i hope for more improvement because 2 3rds and a dead last isnt what i hope the pirates do over the next 3 years, ask your friends at wos, newton,ec if that would be ok

for any of those programs. i want the same or better for the pirates

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Skinitback

while the last 3 years have been better than the recent past i hope for more improvement because 2 3rds and a dead last isnt what i hope the pirates do over the next 3 years, ask your friends at wos, newton,ec if that would be ok

for any of those programs. i want the same or better for the pirates

Look at the athletes those programs always have and continue to have.....Dville was the whipping boy of this district for a decade before Bickham got here....Anyone can go to the programs you listed and have some degree of success on just pure talant alone.  I think being in the playoffs 2 out of 3 years is't that bad.  As for Mcdaniel....lets give the guy a chance and see what happens....I honestly think Bickham did as good he possibly could with the kids we have.  I hadn't seen any TT's or kid's name marsh walking around deweyville. 

marsh was at hardin before haynes and they didnt do nothing its all about coaching and wos and the others dont do it on talent alone, nobody does, its all about coaching

True coaching does play a large part but so does having athletes.  The talent pool at some schools are simply larger than others.  That  is a fact that many don't want to accept.

If McDaniel is currently unemployed, then he will come.  Deweyville's loss (Pachuca) will be another district's gain.  

Coach Pachuca is a gem of a Coach, he has all the qualities I as a parent look for in someone that's going to be Coaching my son, he will be missed. As far as the School Board goes, when the next election comes, VOTE, and remember this situation when you do, parents, students, and student atheletes all voiced their support for Coach Pachuca leading up to this hiring to several School Board members, if they don't listen to the community they represent, then VOTE at the next election for change.

I been on this old river bank since that Lucky Gamble fellow jumped off the train in these parts and will be here long after this McDaniel fellow leaves town.  The school - supt. & board - ain't done much right since Gamble concerning football.  Comeaux was the closest they come.  McDaniel will probably do the best he can but it don't change the fact he's hired because of the Red Raider connection after getting run off at New Diana.  As far Bickham, people don't talk about the fact that he coached them DOWN.  That group that graduated in 07 beat everyone's tail in 7th grade, 8th grade, and as freshmen on JV - including the mighty East Chambers Pirates.  Then they held their own as sophomores against varsity competition.  Then Bickham comes and they finish third two years - Comeaux would have at least gotten second out of that bunch.  But now since Bickham gets there they go down to third.  Then this year we see how great a coach Mr. B was with his wonderful district record.  They should have gave it to Pachuca, he has givien them two great years and if they couldn't see what a fine coach and man he was in that time then they don't need to be in their positions.  I agree with SteelerCzy, come election time some NEW folks need to be in charge and that goes for MR. RED RAIDER, too, I could tell you some stories on that one but it can wait for another thread.  Wish this McDaniel fellow the best since he is here.

Usually when you apply for a head coaching position at your current school and do not get it, you have to figure it is time to move on.  The new head coach does not need someone who thinks that they should have thier job.  Most new head coaches will get rid of people on staff who applied so that they aren't constantly looking over their shoulder.

I been on this old river bank since that Lucky Gamble fellow jumped off the train in these parts and will be here long after this McDaniel fellow leaves town.  The school - supt. & board - ain't done much right since Gamble concerning football.  Comeaux was the closest they come.  McDaniel will probably do the best he can but it don't change the fact he's hired because of the Red Raider connection after getting run off at New Diana.  As far Bickham, people don't talk about the fact that he coached them DOWN.  That group that graduated in 07 beat everyone's tail in 7th grade, 8th grade, and as freshmen on JV - including the mighty East Chambers Pirates.  Then they held their own as sophomores against varsity competition.  Then Bickham comes and they finish third two years - Comeaux would have at least gotten second out of that bunch.  But now since Bickham gets there they go down to third.  Then this year we see how great a coach Mr. B was with his wonderful district record.  They should have gave it to Pachuca, he has givien them two great years and if they couldn't see what a fine coach and man he was in that time then they don't need to be in their positions.  I agree with SteelerCzy, come election time some NEW folks need to be in charge and that goes for MR. RED RAIDER, too, I could tell you some stories on that one but it can wait for another thread.  Wish this McDaniel fellow the best since he is here.

Comeaux!!!!  Yea, how many district games did he win??? ZERO.  No playoffs in 10 years and you get 2 trips and a coach coaches them down.  You are surely showing your ignorence when you make these statements.  You where probably a former staffer who is feeling a bit down because you where passed over as the AD previously and had to go coach 6 man ball or junior high b team volleyball.

I wish the school board would have given coach Pachuca a shot at AD, Like I said before, He has a good demeanor about him and the kids work their tails off for him. I have 2 in high school this year and next year will have 3 there and would have loved for Pachuca to coach my kids, He has what I as a parent want in a coach for my kids. He can get them to give what they are capable of and they love him for that.As far as Bickem goes , I think he did what he thought was right ! But he had  a group of kids that where going to the playoffs with or without him. The kids we have now are a good group of talented kids that should go to the playoffs with the right coach and I don't think Bickam is that coach.  As far as McDaniels goes I am trying to keep an open mind and hope he can get the job done. I will be really disappointed if we loose Pachuca, he will be sorely missed if he leaves.... And this is just my opinions and what I think!

Deweyville needs to realize they are not a football town.When I went to school there they gave football everythingand they maybe won 10 games all of my high school years.The basketball and baseball teams went to the playoffs just about every year.To be good in football you have to have numbers and Deweyville only has that every once in a  blue moon like 97 and the last couple of years. Deweyville could always completed in the other sports if they didnt keep hiring AD's that fire or get rid of the baseball and basketball coaches.This has been a long running tradition.Why don't you try something different and keep a coaching staff for more than 5 years.Now,I know small schools are just stepping stones for young coaches and they are going to come and go.But, they could find some good older coaches and still want to coach and want some security to be at a place for a while.Deweyville needs to realize what they are and hire coaches accordingly.

Deweyville needs to realize they are not a football town.When I went to school there they gave football everythingand they maybe won 10 games all of my high school years.The basketball and baseball teams went to the playoffs just about every year.To be good in football you have to have numbers and Deweyville only has that every once in a  blue moon like 97 and the last couple of years. Deweyville could always completed in the other sports if they didnt keep hiring AD's that fire or get rid of the baseball and basketball coaches.This has been a long running tradition.Why don't you try something different and keep a coaching staff for more than 5 years.Now,I know small schools are just stepping stones for young coaches and they are going to come and go.But, they could find some good older coaches and still want to coach and want some security to be at a place for a while.Deweyville needs to realize what they are and hire coaches accordingly.

I disagree with your assessment of Deweyville Football.  It maybe true that Deweyville doesn't have the numbers, however, the talent is there, maybe not in the form of a Tramaine Thomas or Daniel Marsh, but what 2A teams have those special once in a decade players.  Last year the District record was not good, but if you look at scores (except Hardin) and ask fellow Coaches what one of the most physical and hard hitting teams in the District was, I'm sure you would get more than a few nods for Deweyville.  In most High Schools in Texas more often than not the AD is going to be the Head Football Coach that's just reality, Deweyville players will always have more heart and desire than talent, but give me 11 players with heart and desire and I can make a successful football team that will come to play every game and play hard till the last whistle and that's all you can ask for from Deweyville.  The wins will come, but you have to realize, this is a District from top to bottom that is very competitive every week, the next couple of years Deweyville will compete and win their share of games.

Well, In the last 4 years we have went to the playoffs in football more then basketball and baseball (mens)combined. I am on here supporting all sports for Deweyville boy and girls. In whatever sport thoses students are playing in they give 110%. That old tradition you refered to is gone in the last 3 years the Pirate football team is 20 - 12 with back to back playoffs. All of us should not live in the past but support theses young men & women at the present. I am sure they get tried of reading how they cannot compete. If you get on the field and give all you can give you have competed.

P.S.     Deweyville Football Rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good luck Coach Russell, remember every village has one.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin