* Russell McDaniel New Deweyville HC!!!!*

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach McDaniel will bring family down and then make his decision.  He is experienced as a A/D. That decision is always tough. Hopefully Coach McDaniel will accept the job and the Pirates can start to get ready for this season. However it works out for the Pirates I only wish them the best.     Whoever takes the job the Pirates need to get behind them 100% or this season could be as bad as last season.

You know ! I don't understand why this school board doesn't take the advice from the parents in this town and give the job to Pachuca. I would have liked to seen him get the opportunity to show what he can do..... Now that I got that out of the way! If coach McDaniel accepts this offer I wish him the best! I hope he is a people person that can connect with the kids. Deweyville is a proud city and expect to be competitive and he has got just a little time to get things rolling. Best Wishes and good luck  coach!!!!

Deweyville had one of the best up and coming young coaches in Pachuca.  The old saying "you never know what you got until its gone" will ring true in this case.  Pachuca will move on and get a chance somewhere else, but the one's missing out will be the students of Deweyville.  FUMBLE PIRATE ADMINISTRATION!!!

Guest Skinitback

I just hope that whoever the coach is.....that they don't run off the coaches that Deweyville has.  Pachuca will be missed.

If McDaniel is currently unemployed, then he will come.  Deweyville's loss (Pachuca) will be another district's gain.  

this raises a red flag to me.  He resigned to move into admin full time, yet he has been applying everywhere to be a AD/HC.  Is there more to this than meets the eye, or him having second thoughts about going into administration.  I guess we shall see.

I do not know McDaniel, and therefore will not judge.  However, I do know Pachuca.  If the people in charge cannot see quality right in front of their face then that sends a red flag to me.  The parents support Pachuca.  The kids love and respect him.  Former coaching peers of Pachuca have nothing but rave reviews about him.  He has already given a two year demonstration of his capability in Deweyville.  This should have been a SLAM DUNK!  

I do not know McDaniel, and therefore will not judge.  However, I do know Pachuca.  If the people in charge cannot see quality right in front of their face then that sends a red flag to me.  The parents support Pachuca.  The kids love and respect him.  Former coaching peers of Pachuca have nothing but rave reviews about him.  He is already given a two year demonstration of his capability in Deweyville.  This should have been a SLAM DUNK!  

amen!  I guess Raider Red and Black runs deeper than anything else.

Apparently the Admin. in DV want some sort of change that someone who is already there can't make.  I have heard good things about Pachuca, but has no AD experience.  This was the same boat that they were in with Bickham, no previous AD experience.  Maybe they wanted someone with that experience, because of possible inexperience mistakes made in the past two years.  Just some thoughts.  Good luck to whoever takes over.  I hope whoever gets the job, the community supports him and doesn't take the anger of the non-hire of Pachuca to the extent it hurts the kids. 

Good luck to whoever takes over.  I hope whoever gets the job, the community supports him and doesn't take the anger of the non-hire of Pachuca to the extent it hurts the kids. 

Well said. And the community (the School Board) and the Superintendent approved this. They represent the community. If you don't like the choice, go to your elected school board, not the superintendent or the newly hired coach/AD.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin