*PN-G vs. Vidor/4-3 Vidor Wins/Comments*

im a die hard png fan and im over it already, i just wish that the vidorians would at least admit that we had a horrible play in left field which would have sealed the deal and with out that it would have been 3-1 game over, same thing with nederland it wouldnt have been a game if it wasnt for 6 errors.....i know robicheaux personally and this is for you, great game, keep competing and playing hard and dont let your fans say hester won that game for yall cz you did

Okay I admit you had a bad play in left but our third baseman had a ruff night to with 3 throwing errors. Errors are part of the game and good teams over come them.Both of these young men are good ball players and these plays were made early in the game.These teams played 4 innings of baseball after these errors with the score tied 3 to 3 so i dont think the error in left cost png the game. we got the hit at the end to win it

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im a die hard png fan and im over it already, i just wish that the vidorians would at least admit that we had a horrible play in left field which would have sealed the deal and with out that it would have been 3-1 game over, same thing with nederland it wouldnt have been a game if it wasnt for 6 errors.....i know robicheaux personally and this is for you, great game, keep competing and playing hard and dont let your fans say hester won that game for yall cz you did

Okay I admit you had a bad play in left but our third baseman had a ruff night to with 3 throwing errors. Errors are part of the game and good teams over come them.Both of these young men are good ball players and these plays were made early in the game.These teams played 4 innings of baseball after these errors with the score tied 3 to 3 so i dont think the error in left cost png the game. we got the hit at the end to win it

"we got the hit at the end to win it". Sounds like you are selling yourself somewhat short.. ;D ;D

In a earlier post somebody equated to "leaving like a freight train...I need some clarification on that...a freight train ?? Rocket, missle, bomb, etc. but a freight train ?

"Gone like a freight train" was in reference to the song the guy in the press box played after Hester hit the BOMB!! 

There you have it. Thanks.

Gives more meaning to the phrase..'you had to be there'.. ;)

I did here that it was a freight-train looking BOMB.  :)

Man, don't ya just love this disctrict???  All the LOVE!

Can you feel it?  I sure can!

well if you go back and read the posts there was mutual respect being given by both towns..then when the umps were blamed,then the news was brought into it,  some of us cant let that go..(and i was actually trying to lay low on here and behave..)

you know what they say, there's always a few bad Indians in the tribe!!

Yup, and always more than a few bad pirates on the ship too.  ;D

what is there to admit, except vidor won the game.  we all know that each team gets it share of breaks.  humans play the game that is officiated by humans.  just THINK, how many times did PNG get the good call over the years.  as long as there are ball games there will be good calls and bad calls that make or break games.  I am more concerned about the fan from PNG that cursed at one of our school board members, by the way who is a deacon in his church. 

Game ticket to PNG vs Vidor ......... $4.00

Hotdog, Coke and Peanuts at the game....... $ 6.00

Three umps on the payroll ........ $ 50.00

Walk-off Homerun and causing Midcounty Sadness........ PRICELESS !!!!!

:o ;D :o ;D :o ;D

Light'n up people.....It's called a GAME for a reason.

Just be proud of your team and the efforts put forth last night!!

You got the price for the Umps way wrong and I would not say the payroll either. After reading all this and i used to question my wife why she didn't want to go watch a baseball game. I should where a mike sometime, and if most of the people in the stands could hear what the PLAYERS were saying about your actions in the stands, you would understand that the most mature people at the ball park are the kids playing the game. Get a life folks and enjoy a great game for what it is. Entertainment and the great american pastime, not Mike Wallace and 60 minutes every week.

Game ticket to PNG vs Vidor ......... $4.00

Hotdog, Coke and Peanuts at the game....... $ 6.00

Three umps on the payroll ........ $ 50.00

Walk-off Homerun and causing Midcounty Sadness........ PRICELESS !!!!!

:o ;D :o ;D :o ;D

Light'n up people.....It's called a GAME for a reason.

If that's your final answer....I think we have a winner.

Just be proud of your team and the efforts put forth last night!!

I have been reading this since last night and it has been very entertaining discussion. I am more of a basketball person. I just wanted to add UMP1 that I am glad our basketball refs always get the calls right the first time and never make any mistakes. If they did there would be a lot of fans yelling at them from the stands. And I might add a bad call could change the out come of a close game, which never happens in basketball, so baseball people, I have no way of "feeling your pain" over a controversial call.

You got the price for the Umps way wrong and I would not say the payroll either. After reading all this and i used to question my wife why she didn't want to go watch a baseball game. I should where a mike sometime, and if most of the people in the stands could hear what the PLAYERS were saying about your actions in the stands, you would understand that the most mature people at the ball park are the kids playing the game. Get a life folks and enjoy a great game for what it is. Entertainment and the great american pastime, not Mike Wallace and 60 minutes every week.

And there are some parents that tell their kid from the beginning....."If this is what you want....no quitting/changing your mind in mid-season ( you hurt too many others ), if this is what you want....give it your all..leave 100% on the field, be your own critic....show me desire and talent, as your parent/best friend  I'll do all I can to help you reach your goals....

don't like baseball anymore.....try golf, the piano, 4.0 doctorate degree plan, invent something that matters...many, many ways to succeed. In today's time, our kids have to have a passion for something positive...Boredom and a lack of direction kills. As parents of athletes, we often forget how fortunate we are....it certainly beats the alternatives.

There....I feel better now.  ;D

"If the runner was rounding third ( I don't know, wasn't there ) yes he scores. Inadverdant(?) whistles may stop play in roundball..apples and oranges. If the correct call was made to begin with (from what I'm hearing) the runner, who was alledgedly rounding third, scores. Continuation.

Ask 643, he gives a great refresher course." by EAGLE07

If the correct call (in your opinion) was called, or as your saying if he were called safe, the first basemans reaction should have been to turn and check the lead runner at third........ the entire play from contact, to short, to second, to first, took 4.3 seconds....... runner from second might have just rounded the bag but you don't give continuation to a dead play....period  

There is nothing apples and oranges about stopedge of play in any sport.....just because some sports use whistles and baseball does not......stopedge of play does occur.   When you have a third out call play is haulted until the ump puts the ball back into play for the first pitch of the next inning.  Again regardless of the appeal the play died when the third out call was made at first base.....period......no continuation

Let me reiterate.....I could care less on the game outcome........but if this comes up again it needs to be the right call all the way around........since all of us are playing what if's.........what if that runner would have been the game winning run........or better yet what if it happens again, but this time the outcome keeps someone home from the playoffs, only to find out the player should have been placed back on third and you had another chance to get that one out........this is my only beef.......good luck to both teams!!

Mr ump 1......not wanting you guys to be perfect....just hope were still learning!!

and as for 643....no

Guest bleed orange

I wasn't going to say anything but you guys forced my hand. A guy from PNG yelled at the press box " What kind of music do y'all play over here. Well it's the same kind of music your kids listen too over there. Get a life. That comment brings me to this next subject. They are connected. Back in 1990 I went to work for this company and so did a guy from PNG. We became friends. He told me that he always thought that people who live on the other side of the river were scum. You know what I told him? We never really thought about you guy's. Time's have not changed, except there are more and more people from that side of the river moving over to this side of the river. How ironic. Quit all this bickering let the kids play and have fun. Most of them will never go to the next level. Let them enjoy their high school years. Again, Parents amaze me. There have been 139 post on this thread and 2,463 people have read it. Over one baseball game. Give me a break. Something wrong with this picture.

I wasn't going to say anything but you guys forced my hand. A guy from PNG yelled at the press box " What kind of music do y'all play over here. Well it's the same kind of music your kids listen too over there. Get a life. That comment brings me to this next subject. They are connected. Back in 1990 I went to work for this company and so did a guy from PNG. We became friends. He told me that he always thought that people who live on the other side of the river were scum. You know what I told him? We never really thought about you guy's. Time's have not changed, except there are more and more people from that side of the river moving over to this side of the river. How ironic. Quit all this bickering let the kids play and have fun. Most of them will never go to the next level. Let them enjoy their high school years. Again, Parents amaze me. There have been 139 post on this thread and 2,463 people have read it. Over one baseball game. Give me a break. Something wrong with this picture.

This becomes more confusing by the day.....I thought it was the Trinty River that divided the good from the bad--now I read that their is another river involved??????  Help.

I am glad that almost 2500 people have read this thread. Maybe it will deter fans from getting out of control in the future. If it makes somebody stop and think before they open their mouths and say something derogatory about another person's family member then it is positive thing.

This is funny stuff right here Bleed, but TRUE.

Bottom line IS......BASEBALL IS A VERY VERY WEIRD SPORT.  This game just proves that anything can happen at any given time.  The kids playing the game are human, the coaches are human and believe it or not, the umpires are human.  They'll meet up again in a few weeks and for all we know it could be an extremely lopsided game.  One never knows in Baseball! 

Great game to both teams.  It's one of the hardest fought games I've ever seen.

While everyone is talking about the play at first that people think went vidors way it was close and could have been called either way.There was also a play that went PNGS way at first that no one is talking about and that run from png scored.It occured when a ground ball was hit to third and the first baseman was pulled off the bag but tagged the runner on the way bye he was clearly out but was called safe.Green argued this call if you remember but the call stood and the runner ended up scoring.Close calls in games usually have a way of working themselves out.

Congrats Pirates on a big win

I totally agree.  I too was at the ball game and along the fence at the first base line.  Yes I was on the PNG side. Both calls at first were very close.  But thats not what bothers me.  When PNG was winning several of their fans were makeing rude comments about Vidor and really rubbin it in to the Vidor fans.  When Vidor won however the same fans, one in particular, turns around and point directly at a schoolboard member (of all people) and yells, "you Vidor people are trash and you Su*#.  Your umpires here in Vidor also Su*#."  When I showed him my badge however he took off to the parking lot.  Why do the people across the Neches have to be so ugly to us poor ole' Vidorians.  I guess we know who the trashy person was that night.

Come on already...Good grief !!! Bottom line is that the atmosphere was intense, there were plenty of adults running their mouths and acting like children, and the kids on the field were playing their hearts out. I am making a final post on the game to let the people that weren't present in on a few details:

* There were plenty of bad sports on BOTH sides. If you weren't there to see it, shut up and don't make stupid accusations on this board. Some of the Vidor fans probably couldn't see the group of ADULT MEN standing on the outfield side of PN-G's dugout yelling directly at the kids and harrassing them as they came off the field. It is important for everyone reading this to know that the childish behavior was coming from all directions.

* The ump bashing doesn't necessarily stem from the one double play that everyone is talking about. This crew did  not handle this game well at all. The fans in attendance witnessed bad calls on double plays, foul balls, and some other issues from start to finish that went against both teams. I think anyone present would agree to this statement. It was truly sad.

* The players are going to play another hell of a game in Port Neches. The fans need to step up and try not to ruin it !!!

You know, I sat there thinkin' and thinkin' about this before I wrote it...and I have to say it...

While the lady in the stands for PN-G might have made a fool of herself at the game, and the Vidor fans may have reason to be upset, I think identifying her, and as a result, her kid on the team was the wrong way to go.  While we may not want to see him affected by this, you know it will, and on a week that is such a great one for him, except of course for the outcome of the game.  It may result in his relationship with his mother being affected, and even if she was in the wrong at the game, it's tough to put that type of pressure on a mother and son relationship.  

Yeah, I'm a bleeding heart, but my kid plays ball, and I would hope that someone lets me know face to face when I have been a belligerent fool, instead of embarrasing my kid in the process, since he has no control over me when he's in the dugout.

I'm with you...I don't think that should have been posted. I'm not sure how the moderators work on this board, but I know that they cannot catch everything. There are a couple of posts from PAM with over the top accusations regarding this situation that should probably be removed also. I hate to see this for a really good, hard-working kid.

It doesn't really matter that a name was posted.  Everyone knows her.  Just accept that she is a very biased fan of her son and her team.  She's probably an very nice lady who gets a little(okay, a lot) excited and can't control herself.  I know plenty just like that, and most are ok people away from the ballpark.  I'd rather see that than the parents who don't care at all.  JMO

Guest vpirate

While everyone is talking about the play at first that people think went vidors way it was close and could have been called either way.There was also a play that went PNGS way at first that no one is talking about and that run from png scored.It occured when a ground ball was hit to third and the first baseman was pulled off the bag but tagged the runner on the way bye he was clearly out but was called safe.Green argued this call if you remember but the call stood and the runner ended up scoring.Close calls in games usually have a way of working themselves out.

Congrats Pirates on a big win

I totally agree.  I too was at the ball game and along the fence at the first base line.  Yes I was on the PNG side. Both calls at first were very close.  But thats not what bothers me.  When PNG was winning several of their fans were makeing rude comments about Vidor and really rubbin it in to the Vidor fans.  When Vidor won however the same fans, one in particular, turns around and point directly at a schoolboard member (of all people) and yells, "you Vidor people are trash and you Su*#.  Your umpires here in Vidor also Su*#."  When I showed him my badge however he took off to the parking lot.  Why do the people across the Neches have to be so ugly to us poor ole' Vidorians.  I guess we know who the trashy person was that night.

Come on already...Good grief !!! Bottom line is that the atmosphere was intense, there were plenty of adults running their mouths and acting like children, and the kids on the field were playing their hearts out. I am making a final post on the game to let the people that weren't present in on a few details:

* There were plenty of bad sports on BOTH sides. If you weren't there to see it, shut up and don't make stupid accusations on this board. Some of the Vidor fans probably couldn't see the group of ADULT MEN standing on the outfield side of PN-G's dugout yelling directly at the kids and harrassing them as they came off the field. It is important for everyone reading this to know that the childish behavior was coming from all directions.

* The ump bashing doesn't necessarily stem from the one double play that everyone is talking about. This crew did  not handle this game well at all. The fans in attendance witnessed bad calls on double plays, foul balls, and some other issues from start to finish that went against both teams. I think anyone present would agree to this statement. It was truly sad.

* The players are going to play another heck of a game in Port Neches. The fans need to step up and try not to ruin it !!!

I'm with you Tribesman..  No matter what, it was a great game and lived up to the hype.  It's time to move on..  This is making both schools look bad.  Looking forward to another great game with you guys.

You know, I sat there thinkin' and thinkin' about this before I wrote it...and I have to say it...

While the lady in the stands for PN-G might have made a fool of herself at the game, and the Vidor fans may have reason to be upset, I think identifying her, and as a result, her kid on the team was the wrong way to go.  While we may not want to see him affected by this, you know it will, and on a week that is such a great one for him, except of course for the outcome of the game.  It may result in his relationship with his mother being affected, and even if she was in the wrong at the game, it's tough to put that type of pressure on a mother and son relationship.  

Yeah, I'm a bleeding heart, but my kid plays ball, and I would hope that someone lets me know face to face when I have been a belligerent fool, instead of embarrasing my kid in the process, since he has no control over me when he's in the dugout.

Okay, I have been silent on this board to give everyone the chance to make their comments.  I am the loud lady yelling at the umps from the PNG side.  First off, I will admit I am biased with my son as most all honest parents that would answer that question are.  Second, I apologize for being as loud as I was because of my frustration, but my feelings still remain the same about the umprie situation.  Third, I never did or ever would direct any of my comments to the Vidor players, as I know several of them personally and my son has ball with them.  My irritation was with the ump who reversed the call after the double play third out called.  My whole issue, as disscussed on this board was the run that was allowed to come in after the players had all left the field.  Okay, so our left field dropped the ball after that, may have happened, maybe not.  We will never know.

Lastly, I apologized to my son after the game if it embarrised him and he told me point blank "Mom, I think you are great - you have been there for me all the way through my baseball years and we both are getting a little emotional that the end of my highschool ball is moving way too fast.  Don't worry what other folks think - keep cheering on our team to the very end".    And yes, he did have a great day yesterday, signing to play at the next level with his best friend.  I couldn't be more proud of him.  Thankfully, because of my husband's vacation availability, we will have the opportunity to see him play just about every weekend, so you local Vidor folks won't have to "listen" to me ever again.  :)

I have read about PNG folks cussing out Vidor folks, etc. I have no clue where that came from unless it was in the stands under the pressbox.  Those folks have to deal with their own issues.

I have a wonderful son, I love to watch he and his friends play, and it just was a little too much to handle with the terrible umps because it has happened on more than one occassion when playing in Vidor.  PNG needed to regroup faster, move the batters around after the ump fiasco, and that didn't happen, so Vidor gets the victory.

I do congratulate the players on both teams for their abilities to play - they both fought hard and well;  the music was "bearable" but very tacky after the game when playing "Another one bites the dust".  Classless.

When you come to the reservation to play, I pray for good umps, a well-played game decided by the players ,and you won't have to wear ear plugs to tune out the loud obnoxious, tasteless music. 

I agree completely..Fortunately, for me, and I guess others around me, my son lets me know fairly quickly when I show the first signs of becoming a belligerent fool.  ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder