***State Baseball Rankings***

id like to say something here . im no top ten guru for state rankings but ill tell you this much . there is not a 4a team in this area that thinks they can just take the field and beat vidor. and if they do they will walk off the field disappointed i promise you.im not from vidor im from nederland and i know most kids from area but dont know much about kids from vidor except what ive read about and seen when we played them. and ill tell you this much they are for real !! what i like about them and expect as much from a kyle green coached team is they are very disaplined team that meshes together and when i say that i mean no annamosity between players and they know where they stand . that to me wins ballgames . there  is alotta talent in this area and i for 1 hope we all see it shine for all teams but right now vidor seems to have the edge . job well done pirates and coach green.

id like to say something here . im no top ten guru for state rankings but ill tell you this much . there is not a 4a team in this area that thinks they can just take the field and beat vidor. and if they do they will walk off the field disappointed i promise you.im not from vidor im from nederland and i know most kids from area but dont know much about kids from vidor except what ive read about and seen when we played them. and ill tell you this much they are for real !! what i like about them and expect as much from a kyle green coached team is they are very disaplined team that meshes together and when i say that i mean no annamosity between players and they know where they stand . that to me wins ballgames . there  is alotta talent in this area and i for 1 hope we all see it shine for all teams but right now vidor seems to have the edge . job well done pirates and coach green.

Thanks for the compliment.Your exactly right when you say the kids know were they stand with coach Green.I see know favorites in his baseball program.Kids that work hard play and thats why they play hard for him.I just hope hes still around when mine get to this level.He also has some good assistant coaches with him as well.

Just to let people that didn't know, BC had 2 freshman starters on their team last year and they went deep into the playoffs ...Matt Hicks one of last years Freshman was the starting Shortstop and 3rd Pitcher behind some good talent, This year he's one of the top pitchers in the area as a Sophmore....Joe Robertson was last years 3rd Baseman as a Freshman...You have to be pretty good to play those positions in the infield.....I don't think that its so much what grade their in versus their Talent....IMO

Completely amazes me that when Png was ranked in the top ten not one person said PNG did not deserve to be until Vidor beat them. Now the district is weak and it might not win another playoff game. Some people just want give this team any credit.

WOW!  I'm having a DejaVu from Lumberton's football season!  They win a few games, and since they aren't state ranked all of a sudden, "nobody gives them any repect".

This is not an over night event.  State rankings for the most part (IMO) are due to their history and returning players.  Vidor is having a good season.....SO FAR.  but there's alot more ball to be played.  4 games doesn't make  a season.

Completely amazes me that when Png was ranked in the top ten not one person said PNG did not deserve to be until Vidor beat them. Now the district is weak and it might not win another playoff game. Some people just want give this team any credit.

I think everyone has been giving them credit.  They are great team.  To be sitting in first place, undefeated, in district 224A is a great accomplishment, but like someone said there is still a lot of baseball to be played. 

And first off, Vidor isn't even in the top ten yet.  You guys beat PNG and then BAM, you aren't getting any credit.  It takes much more than a couple years of success to build the kind of reputation that can land you in the top ten.  The reason no one says anything about PNG being ranked is that they have had years of proven success in the playoffs.  They've made it to the state tournament, regional tournaments, etc.  Deep playoff performances along with current success and returning starters lead to these rankings.  Once you guys prove you can pull it off deep in the playoffs, I'm sure you will be recognized to.  But you had a bidistrict performance that ended in a loss last year.  Why don't you just worry about this season and quit whining about getting no respect?

Guest ASISEEIT

I think everyone has been giving them credit.  They are great team.  To be sitting in first place, undefeated, in district 224A is a great accomplishment, but like someone said there is still a lot of baseball to be played. 

And first off, Vidor isn't even in the top ten yet.  You guys beat PNG and then BAM, you aren't getting any credit.  It takes much more than a couple years of success to build the kind of reputation that can land you in the top ten.  The reason no one says anything about PNG being ranked is that they have had years of proven success in the playoffs.  They've made it to the state tournament, regional tournaments, etc.  Deep playoff performances along with current success and returning starters lead to these rankings.  Once you guys prove you can pull it off deep in the playoffs, I'm sure you will be recognized to.  But you had a bidistrict performance that ended in a loss last year.  Why don't you just worry about this season and quit whining about getting no respect?

The past has nothing to do with this season..  It's this years top 10, not last year or the year before.  And looks like to me PNG has about 11 pages of whining on this board....

The past has nothing to do with this season..  It's this years top 10, not last year or the year before.  And looks like to me PNG has about 11 pages of whining on this board....

Oh I agree about the bickering between both teams.  But to say the past has nothing to do with this season?  Are you kidding me?  You must not know too much about how those state rankings work.  Look at that top ten.....every one of them have proven playoff success.  See a pattern there?  ::)

I agree completely..After last year's playoff between BH and Vidor, we ( BH parents/fans ) were very impressed with the way Vidor played the game...all out and with class....and very well-coached. We really enjoyed meeting and talking with alot of the Vidor fans as well. It was a great playoff series for the players and the fans. I'm even more impressed with this year's Vidor's team. Good luck to you guys......unless of course you are up aaginst BH.

It is obvious that Vidor has a very good team. Vidor, LCM, PNG and Nederland are close in talent level. When teams are that close the difference between winning and losing comes down to the details. Team discipline and chemistry are big factors. Vidor seems to have both of those going for them this year. Some coaches are very good disciplinarians but are terrible at fostering team chemistry. If they continue to win Vidor will eventually crack the top ten.

Guest vpirate

I agree completely..After last year's playoff between BH and Vidor, we ( BH parents/fans ) were very impressed with the way Vidor played the game...all out and with class....and very well-coached. We really enjoyed meeting and talking with alot of the Vidor fans as well. It was a great playoff series for the players and the fans. I'm even more impressed with this year's Vidor's team. Good luck to you guys......unless of course you are up aaginst BH.

Thanks EAGLE07...  We were impressed with you guys as well.  You were the better team last year and we were pulling for you after our series..  Maybe we'll see each other again this year and good luck to you as well....  unless of course you are up against Vidor..  HAHAHA!

WOW!  I'm having a DejaVu from Lumberton's football season!  They win a few games, and since they aren't state ranked all of a sudden, "nobody gives them any repect".

This is not an over night event.  State rankings for the most part (IMO) are due to their history and returning players.  Vidor is having a good season.....SO FAR.  but there's alot more ball to be played.  4 games doesn't make  a season.

You are exactly right, there is ALOT of baseball to be played. And also I agree with midcountymadness, no team in the golden triangle will make it past 2-3 rounds, but that doesn't take away from the talent that they have. Making the playoffs is an accomplishment, and something all players dream about, so just making it to the playoffs this year, especially in 22-4A, shows alot. That's just my 2 cents though.

You are exactly right, there is ALOT of baseball to be played. And also I agree with midcountymadness, no team in the golden triangle will make it past 2-3 rounds, but that doesn't take away from the talent that they have. Making the playoffs is an accomplishment, and something all players dream about, so just making it to the playoffs this year, especially in 22-4A, shows alot. That's just my 2 cents though.

Little early to be "speaking in tongue"....don't you think ? Lot of baseball still too be played.  However, I do mostly agree w/ Midcounty.....

On paper, I go with BH vs. Brenham in Region III...4A..( Bracket-dependent ) On paper don't mean..."fill in the blank".

I will say the horses that BH has are on the bump.  ;) and they are horses.  ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124