*PN-G vs. Nederland Updates/PN-G Wins 7-6 In A Classic/Comments*

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ryan Sampere 51/3 innings .Ā  Kirby Bellow 1 2/3innings 2 k'sĀ  Ā  Vidrine 2 for 3(2B)4 RBI; Kirby Bellow 2 for 4(2b) ; Jordan Pitts 1 for 4 1 RBI; Aaron McFarland 1 for 3 1 RBI; Pitts, Vidrine, McFarland, Sampere, and Bellow all had excellent defensive outings with a lot of ground outs and a 1-6-3 Double Play to stop the bleeding in the 5th.Ā 

Eric Harrington 5 innings-7 k's No Earned runs.Ā  Kane Benoit 1 1/3 1k, 2 earned runs. Jerin Spikes 2/3-2 k's.Ā  Harrington 2 for 4; Reyenga 1 for 4(2b); Jon Carnahan 1 for 2 2 RBI; Kane Benoit 1 for 4 2 RBI; Mitch Todd 1 for 4; Jerin Spikes 1 for 3(2b);Matt Woods 1 for 3; Jalali 1 for 3 1 RBI.

Great game to watch.Ā 

Ryan Sampere 51/3 innings .Ā  Kirby Bellow 1 2/3innings 2 k'sĀ  Ā  Vidrine 2 for 3(2B)4 RBI; Kirby Bellow 2 for 4(2b) ; Jordan Pitts 1 for 4 1 RBI; Aaron McFarland 1 for 3 1 RBI; Pitts, Vidrine, McFarland, Sampere, and Bellow all had excellent defensive outings with a lot of ground outs and a 1-6-3 Double Play to stop the bleeding in the 5th.Ā 

Eric Harrington 5 innings-7 k's No Earned runs.Ā  Kane Benoit 1 1/3 1k, 2 earned runs. Jerin Spikes 2/3-2 k's.Ā  Harrington 2 for 4; Reyenga 1 for 4(2b); Jon Carnahan 1 for 2 2 RBI; Kane Benoit 1 for 4 2 RBI; Mitch Todd 1 for 4; Jerin Spikes 1 for 3(2b);Matt Woods 1 for 3; Jalali 1 for 3 1 RBI.

Great game to watch.Ā  Ā 

Nice recap NHS83LU87

For all the talk about this being a classic and such, it wasnt as close of a game as it seemed. Png's 7 errors, yes 7, the one in RF never got put on the scoreboard, kept Nederland in the game.

Now to better things, even though PNG did have 7 E's in the game there were some nice defensive plays. Mitch Todd made one of the best plays ive seen in a while down the third base line and another one on a tough play coming in towards home and throwing off balance to first in a big situation. Harrington made a nice play up the middle at SS once he left the mound. But if PNG doesnt learn to make the routine plays its going to kill them in the end.

It was nice seeing Spikes finally get the bat going a little bit, he also looked very good coming in to close the game out in a jam. If Harrington can get his D making routine plays behind him he shouldnt give up any runs.

Vidrine was a pleasent surprise for Nederland. He made all the plays at 2B including a very nice play going back onto the OF grass. He also had most of Ned's RBIs.

Just a couple of questions.

1. Why pinch hit for McFarland, his senior 4-hole hitter, down towards the end of the game with 2 runners on with a slap hitting freshman that wanted no part of Harrington?

2. Why does Stone continue to show bunt with a 1-2 count for 2 more pitches with his 2-hole hitter? Now that ended up working out because Jalali made a heads up play and swiped 3rd, then Reyenga ended up grounding out to 2b on a 3-2 pitch.

All in all it was a fun game to be in the stands and cant wait til round 2.

Scrap good post except the game was every bit as close as it seemed.Ā  Errors are part of the gameĀ  so don't try to take them out of the equation. ;)Ā  I saw some very good defensive plays which kept Nederland in the game.Ā  Especially Pitts and Vidrine making a lot of plays up the middle due to Sampere's pitching getting grounders.Ā  Pitts' stop of Matt Woods hard grounder(I thought would get through) while playing in was a heck of a play as was the plays you mentioned for Vidrine and Todd.Ā  McFarland made several good plays at third holding runners at second and at third before firing the ball to get the out at first.Ā  Bellow did great just to get to the ball he started the double play off of in the fifth.Ā  I think what made this a good game to watch was one team was excelling defensively and the other was offensively and neither team quit.Ā 

I would like to know too why you hit for McFarland. I heard he was 1-3 against Vidor and then against central the coach set for the whole game.against us he was 1-3 Ā that a .333 avg for district that pretty good.If he was in a slump i would think u would want to let him bat against central ,so maybe he would be ready for us.the bulldogs could have 3-0 i think if it wasn't for coaching.against Vidor he left bellows in to long and the same with Sampere last night.Nederland has a better team than everyone thinks.

The ball either Vidrine or Bellows hit in the gap, did it sneek under the fence?

Ā 

Yes.Ā  I think it was Vidrine's.Ā  It would have been a triple otherwise.

Little things effect the game. Last night, Blue missed one right down the gut on strike 3 call. The Dogs lost focus and had 2 runners move up, base hit, 2 runners score.

Up in the count, PNG runner at 3rd with 2 outs, breaking ball in dirt, runner scores which turns out to be the game winner.

Still a great game for the fans.

Ā 

MCSportsFan, I definitely did forget about the play Bellows made on the double play. That was a heck of a play.

Bigdog, were happy everytime we win. It could have been better because we could have played better defensively. I promise you it wont be so close in round 2 on the reservation.

indians89 you are correct. Still no answer for the pinch hit? Any Nederland people have an answer?

adminbaberuth, blue did miss a few calls, but they always do. Lets not blame the umps for anything. The "error" Spikes made at first was absurd. He clearly caught the ball at first came off the bag to throw it around the horn and blue says he dropped it and called the runner safe. That was by far the worst call of the game.

Bigdog, were happy everytime we win. It could have been better because we could have played better defensively. I promise you it wont be so close in round 2 on the reservation.

LOL kinda like everyone was predicting us to get blown out this game... didn' t happen.Ā  You underestimated this team and your team came close to losing the game.Ā  Like I said, you won by one run... just accept it.

LOL kinda like everyone was predicting us to get blown out this game... didn' t happen.Ā  You underestimated this team and your team came close to losing the game.Ā  Like I said, you won by one run... just accept it.

No whats funny is you lost and were supposed to accept it. Trust me we accept the fact that we won. It has nothing to do with winning by 1 run or 10 runs, a W is a W.

Just for the record, "bigdog," almost only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades not baseball. So you keep getting as "close" to us as you want, but close just isnt good enough. Maybe you should accept that.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder