Worst Games You Been To Or Played In??

My first trip to Beaumont.  My Baylor Bears came down and got whooped by Lamar(embarrassing enough) and I got torched by mosquitos like I have never seen :(

Yea - I remember looking up in the sky that night and thinking - Wow Lamar has a blimp - Cool... Until I saw GO BAYLOR BEARS blinking in Green. Never saw many blimps over Cardinal Stadium

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't say that I actually played in this game, but I was a petty good bench warmer.  :)  Conroe vs. Bryan, 1974.  We (Conroe) beat Austin Reagan the week before to open the season.  Went to Bryan the next week rated #3 in the state.  Lost to Bryan and Curtis Dickey, 47-0 or something close to that score.  Lost to Bryan again in bi-district, 21-6.

The 2000 Central vs Ozen circus. Oh man, we got lightening and rain that Friday night. Came back that Saturday and had a pretty good game brewing before the half. Both teams came out Ozen got tha ball first, 1 2 3 plays punt. Central got the ball and ran two plays and was inside the Panthers 5 yd line. You can feel the game had shifted all the way in the Jags favor. Man, that's when it happpened. People started falling out on Ozen's side. Fans, Plyers, Band members. Oh, it was a trip This was by far the worst game I ever attended.

The referees called off the Kelly/St. Pius game in the middle of the 4th quarter last year for fighting.

The Kelly announcer was calling the other team names.

Embarrassing !

The 2000 Central vs Ozen circus. Oh man, we got lightening and rain that Friday night. Came back that Saturday and had a pretty good game brewing before the half. Both teams came out Ozen got tha ball first, 1 2 3 plays punt. Central got the ball and ran two plays and was inside the Panthers 5 yd line. You can feel the game had shifted all the way in the Jags favor. Man, that's when it happpened. People started falling out on Ozen's side. Fans, Plyers, Band members. Oh, it was a trip This was by far the worst game I ever attended.

Haha. I remember that!  I was joking with my homeboy about that.  I was telling him that Ozen had pulled out all the stops.  They were saying' man, Central is going down to score.  Quick, lets think of something.  That's when the Ozen fans and cheerleaders started falling out.'  He countered and said' I want to see what Central put in our drinks'.  Lol.  No one from Central side passed out.  Amazing.

My sophomore year, we went 0-for 10 at WH. We had 2 seniors on the team, and one of them was injured. 6 of our starters were out, and we had 17 kids on the varsity squad to begin with. We played at EC and they were very strong that year. I was sidelined with an injury watching our boys get outscored 42-0 in the first quarter. I think the final was 72-0. Since then, the EC-WH games were pretty close, though EC has won the majority (I think), this was the worst game I've been to/ watched/ played in, any or all of the above.

What about the Newton/Sealy game? Wasn't that 80-6 or something. Did anybody see that one?

• 3 weeks later...

1997 Black Rose Bowl with Deweyville @ East Chambers for the district title...Long drawn out drama from the year before so We(deweyville) made all these t-shirts with the black rose bowl printed on it...went into EC with high expectations but lost by 2 pts on a failed 2pt conversion with 40seconds left in the game..still hurts to this day!! Thanks for the memories COOP!!!!!

That game was fun to play in.  Standing room only in winnie that night.  It poured rain all night.  If I'm not mistaken E.C. was #8 in the state and D-Ville was #9.  I have some friends that played for D-Ville those years and every once in a while we will bring that game up.

1987, Tully Stadium, Houston.  WOS vs Wharton.  It was so incredibly cold.  I didn't know it even got that cold down here.  Everything was frozen, especially Wharton.  We had them backed up so far one time, it was like 4th and 49!  We won big that game....the only thing that made it worthwhile.  I did not have a sleeping bag at that game.  I have had one ever since.  It stays in the vehicle during football season.  I have never been that cold since then, either (maybe because I am better prepared, I dunno)

Guest FPHS 78

My first trip to Beaumont.  My Baylor Bears came down and got whooped by Lamar(embarrassing enough) and I got torched by mosquitos like I have never seen :(

musta been a heck of a "trip"...LU beat baylor in waco....baylor slaughtered em here

Since PNG Proud already mentioned the PNG vs. Kilgore game I'll use another one.

PNG vs. San Antonio Churchill once again at Rice Stadium.  It was freezing cold, drizzling with sleet.  I still remember not being able to get warm that night.  Then of course losing the game made the misery complete.

PNG vs. Aldine(not sure which one) but it was during the low point in the 80's.  PNG lost 70 to 0.  The Aldine fans were horrible.  They were throwing stuff at our band when they were waiting on the sideline to perform at halftime.  Talk about a very long night that night. :'(

This is the one I'm going with ......It was Aldine MacArthur in '87............The score ended up being 75 to 0 and the game was played at Aldine MacArthur...........It was like listening to an old record (young buck's go ask your parents/or grandparents....lol).....there they go again....there they go again......there they go again.........there they go again..........OH LOOK IT"S A FIGHT<><><><><><>OH NO WERE LOSING THE FIGHT TOO<><><><><><>...........there they go again........there they go again...................lol....

Oh yeah, I was there for that one too.  It was a lllooonnngggg night for sure.

This is the one I'm going with ......It was Aldine MacArthur in '87............The score ended up being 75 to 0 and the game was played at Aldine MacArthur...........It was like listening to an old record (young buck's go ask your parents/or grandparents....lol).....there they go again....there they go again......there they go again.........there they go again..........OH LOOK IT"S A FIGHT<><><><><><>OH NO WERE LOSING THE FIGHT TOO<><><><><><>...........there they go again........there they go again...................lol....

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83