How is BOJO looking for the 2008 season ?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've lived in the Little Cypress community for nearly 20 years and it seems like the only thing people can say about Bear football is that they can't win and their coach is the biggest idiot to ever set foot on the gridiron.  If LCM wants to win, they've got to stop pointing fingers, making excuses, fighting against their teammates, quitting the team, talking back to coaches, being lazy, and expecting to lose. One of my coworkers has a son who plays for LCM and feels that Moody has treated his son well over the last few years.  Though this isn't true in every case, I'll venture to say that the majority of the problems there stem from people being selfish and lazy.  It's become a cruel cycle in which a new coach moves in, problems arise, people get angry, players quit, the bears lose, "that idiot we hired" gets the boot, and the process starts all over again.

I know alot of you young men who play at Little Cypress read these things, and after a while you begin to believe the negative hype and the unfounded generalizations.  All I can say to you is this: play your heart out every chance you get.  Don't worry about all this political mess surrounding the program.  Practice hard, come ready to play, and do whatever it takes to win.  Just because you don't like Moody doesn't mean his little talks about effort, pride, and the will to win are bullshit.  That alone could have turned last year's avalanche of disappointment into a respectable year.

But for now, I'm going to keep attending the games on Friday nights.  I'm going to keep supporting the Bears.  The solution to these problems isn't to point blame and fight against ourselves, but rather to be united as a community and as a school working toward a common goal.  As cheesy and obnoxious as BOJO sounds, I have to respect the purpose and reasoning behind it.  Plus it's a catchy little phrase...

Get it done boys.

I've lived in the Little Cypress community for nearly 20 years and it seems like the only thing people can say about Bear football is that they can't win and their coach is the biggest idiot to ever set foot on the gridiron.  If LCM wants to win, they've got to stop pointing fingers, making excuses, fighting against their teammates, quitting the team, talking back to coaches, being lazy, and expecting to lose. One of my coworkers has a son who plays for LCM and feels that Moody has treated his son well over the last few years.  Though this isn't true in every case, I'll venture to say that the majority of the problems there stem from people being selfish and lazy.  It's become a cruel cycle in which a new coach moves in, problems arise, people get angry, players quit, the bears lose, "that idiot we hired" gets the boot, and the process starts all over again.

I know alot of you young men who play at Little Cypress read these things, and after a while you begin to believe the negative hype and the unfounded generalizations.  All I can say to you is this: play your heart out every chance you get.  Don't worry about all this political mess surrounding the program.  Practice hard, come ready to play, and do whatever it takes to win.  Just because you don't like Moody doesn't mean his little talks about effort, pride, and the will to win are bull.  That alone could have turned last year's avalanche of disappointment into a respectable year.

But for now, I'm going to keep attending the games on Friday nights.  I'm going to keep supporting the Bears.  The solution to these problems isn't to point blame and fight against ourselves, but rather to be united as a community and as a school working toward a common goal.  As cheesy and obnoxious as BOJO sounds, I have to respect the purpose and reasoning behind it.  Plus it's a catchy little phrase...

Get it done boys.  I do agree with what you say but this is the first new coach in 20 years.

Either way, we can agree that LCM's troubles transcend coaching.  We've always been pretty mediocre.  But it seems to me that in all this Moody-bashing, nobody seems to have a solution.  How can we go about competing in the 10 (now 9) games set out for us in 2008? That's what the kids need to ask themselves.  It shouln't be about how they're going to quit next week because they don't like their position or they feel as if they don't get the ball enough.

The bottom line is that you get 2 (3 if you're lucky) years to play high school football, and after that you're done.  It saddens me to see kids throw that chance away because they disagree with the coach.  When I played, we didn't throw a fit when coach told us to go harder, tackle better, or shut up.  We said "yes sir" and complied. The rest took care of itself. 

What I've seen is about 8 or 10 of the guys on the field busting their asses to win games, and one or two playing like they just wanted to get out of there.  That's the reason we saw the Bears lose by one or two TD's most of the time last year.

Either way, we can agree that LCM's troubles transcend coaching.  We've always been pretty mediocre.  But it seems to me that in all this Moody-bashing, nobody seems to have a solution.  How can we go about competing in the 10 (now 9) games set out for us in 2008? That's what the kids need to ask themselves.  It shouln't be about how they're going to quit next week because they don't like their position or they feel as if they don't get the ball enough.

The bottom line is that you get 2 (3 if you're lucky) years to play high school football, and after that you're done.  It saddens me to see kids throw that chance away because they disagree with the coach.  When I played, we didn't throw a fit when coach told us to go harder, tackle better, or shut up.  We said "yes sir" and complied. The rest took care of itself. 

What I've seen is about 8 or 10 of the guys on the field busting their asses to win games, and one or two playing like they just wanted to get out of there.  That's the reason we saw the Bears lose by one or two TD's most of the time last year.

I don't think the people from WOS are bashing him for sure. I think alot of us are just disappointed that we don't get to see this game. This is probably our biggest money game and now it's off.

Watch that "A" word sneaky....And "quit next week?"  Their coach quit them THIS week!!!!  What kind of leadership is that?

Actually, David Williams was only the head coach for about 5 or 6 years. He worked for LCM for over 20 years as an assistant under Russell, Gamble, and Williams.Its was more than five or six it was more like ten or more.

I think DW took over in about 94.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476