Lumberton vs. Nederland Game Thread

KFDM COOP

RDR.......Lumbertown young men played a good game.  Game over, time for you to move on.  The last thing I'll say on the matter is this.....Can you win in the playoffs?  Show me the money.  Can anybody win in the playoffs from around here?  It's about time we get a club team with talent from our district.  Only then could we compete @ the next level.  Until then, really no reason to be upset.  What a great game football is........... :)

It's truly too close to tell by watching that video.  I can't even see the goal line.  It does look to me that the stopper's foot does go back at a slight angle to make the "save".  Did it go back enough that the ball completely crossed the line?  Who knows.  Chalk it up as one of those tough decisions refs have to make using their best judgement.  Looks like the player at the PK is protesting by pointing at the goal after it is played out.  Wasn't someone on here complaining about whining earlier? 

I distinctly remember a goal taken away from Lumberton last year against Nederland due to somebody's incessant whining.  Sounds to me like someone is a professional whiner; putting video on you tube and posting on message boards.  Put that ridiculous foul away from the ball, where the Ned player just took that kids legs out, on you tube so we can all have a whinefest together.

And for the record, Coach Luttrell's Raiders have produced a 30-1 district record so far in two years.  I'd have to say he is certainly as much a great coach and class act as anyone else mentioned on here.  It aint the water in Lumberton!  And he certainly wouldn't come on here and talk about any body else in a negative manner either. 

this is absolutely wonderful. i have no idea who you are but i agree with you 110%. Kudos.

I distinctly remember a goal taken away from Lumberton last year against Nederland due to somebody's incessant whining.  Sounds to me like someone is a professional whiner; putting video on you tube and posting on message boards.  Put that ridiculous foul away from the ball, where the Ned player just took that kids legs out, on you tube so we can all have a whinefest together.

Actually, It's not Coach Bledsoe who uploaded that video, so don't jump on him for that... And he wasn't whining on her, just rightfully defending himself...

Don't be a semanticist.  The point is still as it was.  So he used the video to whine about the call.  You happy?  Defending himself by saying it was not a goal and the AR was badgered?  PLEASE......Did you really think anybody would buy that?  Now Mr. Aries, since he is so good at defending himself then why are you doing it?  I happen to like the guy, he just made a mistake; no big deal.

It is over and done, i agree; but i think we all know what Bon was referring to in his earlier post, and that is an absolutely hypocritical statement coming from him.  Stand firm all you want Bon, all the way to next year.  Because I don't think it's going to change........the badgering on both sides or the outcome!  :-*

Manunited, I thought we had a really good chance last year at making some noise, but they just didnt take advantage of several oppurtunities they had against Palestine.  Maybe this year will be redemption and they will find the net a few times.  They certainly have shown they are capable, it's just a matter of putting it together at the right time.

don't rag on the lumberton players for what the coach does. but that doesn't justify lumbertons coach in anyway. no one can help the way their coach acts. and I'm sure lumberton players are just as sick of it as everyone else, they hear it more.

??? I'm confused. ???  Which is it? You do support the actions of the coach or don't you?

[quote author=LSU*DU*Man link=topic=34859.msg345141#msg345141 date=120447159

"And for the record, Coach Luttrell's Raiders have produced a 30-1 district record so far in two years.  I'd have to say he is certainly as much a great coach and class act as anyone else mentioned on here.  It aint the water in Lumberton!  And he certainly wouldn't come on here and talk about any body else in a negative manner either."

It's truly too close to tell by watching that video.  I can't even see the goal line.  It does look to me that the stopper's foot does go back at a slight angle to make the "save".  Did it go back enough that the ball completely crossed the line?  Who knows.  Chalk it up as one of those tough decisions refs have to make using their best judgement.  Looks like the player at the PK is protesting by pointing at the goal after it is played out.  Wasn't someone on here complaining about whining earlier? 

And for the record, Coach Luttrell's Raiders have produced a 30-1 district record so far in two years.  I'd have to say he is

certainly as much a great coach and class act as anyone else mentioned on here.  It aint the water in Lumberton!  And he certainly wouldn't come on here and talk about any body else in a negative manner either. 

It seems as if you are whining about a goal taken away from Lumberton last year. 

The video was not posted to take anything away from the Lumberton players.  It was a great shot.  However, the stop was even greater.  The video was simply posted to show a missed call.  Your team has video as well.  You can go and post anything you like.

The quote "And for the record, Coach Luttrell's Raiders......" seems to be a recurring statement.  Is this an official statement from the Lumberton camp?  Just wondering.

what i wanna know is how can we make controversy of offsides on the "questionable" goal if the defender is standing on or behind the goal line..

What he was saying is that he couldn't figure out why the linesman raised his flag, and then he figured that the linesman had lost sight of the sweeper.  If you don't see the sweeper on the goal line, then the player looks offsides when he receives the ball.  The linesman may not have seen him at first, gone to flag the offsides, and then realized that he wasn't and lowered his flag.  That was all that was said.  He was not insinuating that this goal should've been disallowed for offsides. 

Why do people resort to wordplay?  That's two now, aries and a fan.  You might be missing the point just a little here so follow me if you will.  First of all, I'm just an ordinary fan of the game who doesn't mind calling a spade a spade, regardless of what team you root for.  Second of all, i used a fact to back my statement that if one coach calls another coach a whiner after whining about a goal, he is in fact a hypocrite.  Third, who cares if i whine, i'm not the coach.  Fans whine!  Coaches don't need to go on a public forum to do theirs.  I would consider that poor mentoring and a bad example of class.  Do you see where i'm going....? 

Go figure, i talk about something involving Ned and get a feeble pretentious response from a pup.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami