Texas go to final four???

Of course they can go!  They've got three wins against the top 6, including UCLA @ UCLA, and Tennessee on a neutral court, so there's no question as to whether they are good enough to go.  They appear to have solved some of their "big man" issues as well.  Many basketball experts have been saying that Texas is the hottest team in the country right now, and I don't see any evidence to dispute it.  If they can get a #1 seed in the tourney, I don't see any reason why they can't go all the way to the final four (or beyond), but as a young team there is always the possibility that they will be upset in the 2nd round or sweet 16. 

They can win it all but this is shaping up to be more of an elite 8 year...  The team is young and thin at the guards...  There are no guards off the bench to come in and be difference makers...  The post has become a null issue so they will be fine there.  When Augustine was struggling the rest of the team stepped up... Now that he is doing well the role players have relaxed...  They have enough talent and coaching to beat anyone except maybe NC (bad Macth-up), Wisconsin (another bad match-up), and Stanford (really hard match-up)

The great thing about the NCAA tournament is that a team that everyone expected to be a contender can get knocked out the first weekend, while a team that was completely off the radar screen can get to the Final Four (George Mason, Providence, etc.). 

So can Texas get there? - sure.  I don't have them in my Final Four, but they have the talent to get it done.  But they could also get bounced in the second round. Just the way it is.

If all goes well, Texas will face Memphis in the elite 8.....but that will be a bad matchup for the Horns as Memphis while not a great shooting team, beats opponents with second and third chance shots because of their athleticism outjumping teams for rebounds...Texas is not at all a good rebounding team and I beleive that's where this season ends.....hopefully not, but hey...I'm a realist.

If all goes well, Texas will face Memphis in the elite 8.....but that will be a bad matchup for the Horns as Memphis while not a great shooting team, beats opponents with second and third chance shots because of their athleticism outjumping teams for rebounds...Texas is not at all a good rebounding team and I beleive that's where this season ends.....hopefully not, but hey...I'm a realist.

your saying texas is not a good shooting team??? ???

no, Memphis

• 3 weeks later...

no, Memphis

ooook i see my bad

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder