*HJ vs. Silsbee/74-52 HJ WINS/COMMENTS*

KFDM COOP

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could deffinitely tell the difference in HJ having Trey back. The Hawks played sloppy the first half but looked more like themselves the second half. They still have room for improvement but they looked better tonight. Jarvis looked real good and the rest of the guys are getting it back together at the right time. Silsbee fought hard and stayed in the game till the first part of the third quarter then HJ took over. Silsbee has some great athletes and they should go far in the playoffs. Congrats HJ and don't take any prisoners the rest of the way. Good Luck to both teams.

You could deffinitely tell the difference in HJ having Trey back. The Hawks played sloppy the first half but looked more like themselves the second half. They still have room for improvement but they looked better tonight. Jarvis looked real good and the rest of the guys are getting it back together at the right time. Silsbee fought hard and stayed in the game till the first part of the third quarter then HJ took over. Silsbee has some great athletes and they should go far in the playoffs. Congrats HJ and don't take any prisoners the rest of the way. Good Luck to both teams.

true dat. the atmosphere is just better with trey smashing on people.

Jarvis is a quiet kid who lets his game do the talking, and tonight his game made a clear, certain statement that he is the best guard in 21-3A.  Jarvis and Co. blew the game open when Silsbee made the tactical mistake of trying to play man-to-man D on us.  Jarvis shredded that.  We can all be proud of the effort all our Hawks put on the court tonight.

To Silsbee, don't get down about this one loss.  Your silver lining is that you won't have to play Navasota in your second playoff game.  I am very worried about Navasota.  They are all back from the team that was easily, IMHO, the most athletic team we faced in our playoff run last year.  They will be eager to play us, to say the least.  They have this 6'9" monster in the middle, and even he can run and jump... 

Anyway, what I am saying is that it is possible y'all could go farther in the playoffs than us.  If that is the case we HJ folks will be rooting for you all the way.  Y'all have some really classy, skilled players.  Your fans need to buck up a little, though.  They were pretty anemic tonight.  If our Hawks were down 20, we'd be yelling at them, "OK, you've got 'em right where you want 'em, now get busy!"  We sure as heck would not be filing for the exits.

Good luck the rest of the way, Tigers, until we meet again.

Congrats Hawks on your District Championship  ;D Yall are really playing great basketball, Jarvis is the man, and it was nice to have Trey B. back in the line up and getting his legs under him again, those two dunks were awesome, as well as Jacoby's. Keep up the hard work, we are very proud of you.

PS I think i saw oldtimer there with a HJ hat on......

Great Game Silsbee

Great Game HJ

-The only weakness i saw in HJ tonight was whenever there big man Sungren (sp?) was in foul trouble. It was like HJ just abandoned there inside game and Silsbee came back and tied it right before half. IMO Sungren should of fouled out tonight but hey, i wasn't the referee. Then again with Benard shoooting the way he did, nobody can beat HJ, i think he even had a 4 point play!! INCREDIBLE performance by Benard

Congrats Hawks on your District Championship   ;D Yall are really playing great basketball, Jarvis is the man, and it was nice to have Trey B. back in the line up and getting his legs under him again, those two dunks were awesome, as well as Jacoby's. Keep up the hard work, we are very proud of you.

PS I think i saw oldtimer there with a HJ hat on......

I believe they are Co-Champs and this game was just to decide which team goes into the playoffs as the number one seed.  So, Congratulations to the Hawks and the Tigers!  These two teams always keep it interesting!

Jarvis is a quiet kid who lets his game do the talking, and tonight his game made a clear, certain statement that he is the best guard in 21-3A.  Jarvis and Co. blew the game open when Silsbee made the tactical mistake of trying to play man-to-man D on us.  Jarvis shredded that.  We can all be proud of the effort all our Hawks put on the court tonight.

To Silsbee, don't get down about this one loss.  Your silver lining is that you won't have to play Navasota in your second playoff game.  I am very worried about Navasota.  They are all back from the team that was easily, IMHO, the most athletic team we faced in our playoff run last year.  They will be eager to play us, to say the least.  They have this 6'9" monster in the middle, and even he can run and jump... 

Anyway, what I am saying is that it is possible y'all could go farther in the playoffs than us.  If that is the case we HJ folks will be rooting for you all the way.  Y'all have some really classy, skilled players.  Your fans need to buck up a little, though.  They were pretty anemic tonight.  If our Hawks were down 20, we'd be yelling at them, "OK, you've got 'em right where you want 'em, now get busy!"  We sure as heck would not be filing for the exits.

What a performance by Jarvis! Silsbee actually did well in man they came out in the second half in a soft zone because robinson was in foul trouble and gave jarvis way to many looks and he killed them. Great job HJ ! Silsbee is will re-group and see you guys in the Regional finals,

I agree with setxslam, HJ will certainly have their hands full with Navasota.  It wouldn't surprise me @ all to see Navasota win, but I certainly hope not.  You don't ever want a loss going into the playoffs, but as setxslam was referring, Silsbee will have an easier go of it in the first couple of rounds in the playoffs.  IMO, region 3 is the toughest in the state & your state champion will come from this region.  HJ, Navasota, Silsbee & Crockett will be battling it out to go to Austin.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder