*Warren vs. EC/48-42 EC WINS/COMMENTS*

Really sad,  once again a game decided by the refs.   Hand checking, holding, pushing, bumping, slapping, 3 sec. violations and carrying  the ball not called. The change in calling in the last minute and half of the game determined the outcome.  Great game Warriors you deserved the win.  Like I've said before Warren just can't play the street ball allowed by poor officiating.

Guest ECBucFan

I am sorry that's the perspective just expressed. I don't have any official stats, but the fouls seemed to be almost dead even 'til near the end of the game. A few went the other way, too, as a tech was not called on Warren with 2 mins left when the ref put the ball in play with a Warrior player on the still on the court already having fouled out...

Warren has a great, gritty team that gave 100%, 100% of the time. First half, Warren "lit it up" and EC almost couldn't get one to drop...EC heated up later, and that was the real difference, IMHO. I sincerely wish Warren was in the playoffs, as I know they would represent very well.   

I am sorry that's the perspective just expressed. I don't have any official stats, but the fouls seemed to be almost dead even 'til near the end of the game. A few went the other way, too, as a tech was not called on Warren with 2 mins left when the ref put the ball in play with a Warrior player on the still on the court already having fouled out...

Warren has a great, gritty team that gave 100%, 100% of the time. First half, Warren "lit it up" and EC almost couldn't get one to drop...EC heated up later, and that was the real difference, IMHO. I sincerely wish Warren was in the playoffs, as I know they would represent very well.   

Was the ref aware of the five fouls accumulated on the player?  because it is his responsibility to make sure the player who fouled out is off the court and on the bench...If he was aware and did not make sure that the coach knew he had five or at least informed the player that he had fouled out then the the official made a gross error. 

ECBucFan...I am sure that the Warren fans appreciate the good words said about their team, but the fact remains...EC is still a biased black hole for officiating.  I am not complaining, griping or anything of the sort.  I have accepted it because it has been this way for so long, going back to my playing days in the late 80's.  It is a fact of life...like the sun being the center of the universe.  The only thing that confuses me is why does EC even need help from the officiating?  EC is a melting pot of talent and, make no mistake, they have almost always been good top to bottom.  Let the kids battle it out and may the best team win! 

There was no tech when #11 fouled out for Warren,after the official gets the word from the scorers table he has to notify the coach who has 30 seconds to make a substitution.The coach was notified and the ball was not put in play until the sub was made.This was a very good game to watch.My only concern about the officiating was the discrepancy in the # of free throws attempted.EC shot 23 and Warren shot 4.Two of those were on a technical foul so EC was called for 1 shooting foul the entire game.Warren was 4/4 from the line so there were no missed oppurtunities.Also when one official showed up late(middle of the second quarter)and walked on the floor the whole complexion of the game changed.Not sure I would have allowed that had I been coaching.Just my 2 cents.I was proud of the kids effort,they played very hard in a tough place to win.Don't have the game charted yet but Sims shot it well from behind the arc tonight and Andrews played well in the paint.Tramain showed why he is a class act on and off the court.Good luck to the Bucs in the playoff.Great way to recover after the game at Al T'S.

There was no tech when #11 fouled out for Warren,after the official gets the word from the scorers table he has to notify the coach who has 30 seconds to make a substitution.The coach was notified and the ball was not put in play until the sub was made.This was a very good game to watch.My only concern about the officiating was the discrepancy in the # of free throws attempted.EC shot 23 and Warren shot 4.Two of those were on a technical foul so EC was called for 1 shooting foul the entire game.Warren was 4/4 from the line so there were no missed oppurtunities.Also when one official showed up late(middle of the second quarter)and walked on the floor the whole complexion of the game changed.Not sure I would have allowed that had I been coaching.Just my 2 cents.I was proud of the kids effort,they played very hard in a tough place to win.Don't have the game charted yet but Sims shot it well from behind the arc tonight and Andrews played well in the paint.Tramain showed why he is a class act on and off the court.Good luck to the Bucs in the playoff.Great way to recover after the game at Al T'S.

Geez....Warren isn't in the playoffs because they didn't win enough games.

When was the last time Warren has beaten EC at anything? And it's always the refs....Quit whinning

Actually in basketball if you go back over the last 4 years you might be surprised at the records(there closer than you think).If you were talking to me I wasn't whining simply stating a fact about the # of free throws attempted and giving the rule when a player fouls out.Warren lost this ballgame simply because they turned the ball over to much down the stretch against a good EC club.You are correct however about the playoffs a 4 point loss to Hardin,3 point losss to DVille and a 6 point loss to EC will keep them home.They still have a solid club though and play with everything they have every week.Tonights outcome wouldn't have mattered because with Hardins win they clinched the 3rd spot.

Actually in basketball if you go back over the last 4 years you might be surprised at the records(there closer than you think).If you were talking to me I wasn't whining simply stating a fact about the # of free throws attempted and giving the rule when a player fouls out.Warren lost this ballgame simply because they turned the ball over to much down the stretch against a good EC club.You are correct however about the playoffs a 4 point loss to Hardin,3 point losss to DVille and a 6 point loss to EC will keep them home.They still have a solid club though and play with everything they have every week.Tonights outcome wouldn't have mattered because with Hardins win they clinched the 3rd spot.

Records? Lets go back 4 years - or 5 years - or 10 years of Warrens record against EC. They can't help it if Warren plays a bunch of chumps pre-district and has a better 'record'. That means nothing.

Kountze wins state championships...Year in / year out EC produces good teams...Then there's the rest...

The fact is the outcome of this game was determined by the officiating.  Warren only went to the line ONCE the entire game for a shooting foul.  There were less than  12 fouls called for either team the WHOLE game and only 4 violations .  NO bonus at all.  Must have been the cleanest game EC ever played.  Yea right! With less than two minutes left and a 2pt game the ref. who had a silent whistle found it to call touch fouls on Warren.  Sorry,  I have watched this mess in EC and Kountze for 25 years and it makes me sick.  I have more respect for Pro wrestling than high school basketball in its current state.

And we will see the same in Kountze next week, for sure.  I predict Kountze will bring the hard press and trap and will have half the fouls than warren.  Warren's top 3 players will foul out and brey will be threaten and slappin all the while.  Thug ball at it best.

I have no ill feelings for the EC players and coaches the are just taking advantage of whats given to them.

Guest ECBucFan

Again, I am truly sorry some feel the way they do. I don't think anything I can say can or will change your mind, you appear to have it made up already. I will say I saw a passionate group of fans on the road intensly supporting their team, rightfully so, and sensing an impending upset as the game progressed. Once the upset was assumed, anything that eventually stopped it (EC finally finding the range and heating up), must have been "wrong".

The "Hand checking, holding, pushing, bumping, slapping, 3 sec. violations and carrying the ball not called" certainly went both ways, but in my observational experience, it is really hard for a passionate fan to see it in regard to their own team, thats just human nature at work. There is no vast, rightwing conspiracy against Warren or anyone else, believe it or not. 

Yes, the whole world is against Warren. We all get together late summer and plan on how we're going to mess them over and plan our attack. It's only fair - right? No school should be able to accumulate all that talent and skill; it's the only way we can compete.

It's the same every year in all sports when it comes to the mighty Warriors. Lofty predictions and goals, yet in the end the results are always the same. When the records are in they resort to the lowest form of sportsmanship - they blame the refs. That way at least they can tarnish the accomplishments of their opponents.

The facts is Warren is in the second smallest classification in the state of Texas and didn't even win enough games to rank in the top three in their own district and qualify for the playoffs. I have a news flash for you Warfan...The Mighty Warriors are not very good.

The fact is the outcome of this game was determined by the officiating.  Warren only went to the line ONCE the entire game for a shooting foul.  There were less than  12 fouls called for either team the WHOLE game and only 4 violations .  NO bonus at all.  Must have been the cleanest game EC ever played.  Yea right! With less than two minutes left and a 2pt game the ref. who had a silent whistle found it to call touch fouls on Warren.   Sorry,  I have watched this mess in EC and Kountze for 25 years and it makes me sick.  I have more respect for Pro wrestling than high school basketball in its current state.

And we will see the same in Kountze next week, for sure.  I predict Kountze will bring the hard press and trap and will have half the fouls than warren.  Warren's top 3 players will foul out and brey will be threaten and slappin all the while.  Thug ball at it best.

I have no ill feelings for the EC players and coaches the are just taking advantage of whats given to them.

::) ;D ::) ;D 8) ;D ::) ;D 8) ::)  Wow and when you go to warren for anything you get a perfectly called game.  This is almost hillarious.  Just keep playing and one day you just might catch up to either of us EC or Ktown.  I think ill have to go to the game Tuesday and watch this thug ball Kountze plays. ;D and EC see you at the montange next week it will be a great game.

The fact is the outcome of this game was determined by the officiating.  Warren only went to the line ONCE the entire game for a shooting foul.  There were less than  12 fouls called for either team the WHOLE game and only 4 violations .  NO bonus at all.  Must have been the cleanest game EC ever played.  Yea right! With less than two minutes left and a 2pt game the ref. who had a silent whistle found it to call touch fouls on Warren.   Sorry,  I have watched this mess in EC and Kountze for 25 years and it makes me sick.  I have more respect for Pro wrestling than high school basketball in its current state.

And we will see the same in Kountze next week, for sure.  I predict Kountze will bring the hard press and trap and will have half the fouls than warren.  Warren's top 3 players will foul out and brey will be threaten and slappin all the while.  Thug ball at it best.[/b]

Warfan, your hatred for the Kountze Basketball program is VERY obvious, but I'm am quite appalled and at the same time, outraged, that you would call our brand of basketball "THUG BALL AT IT'S BEST." Kind of a discriminatory remark, but I will not take that route. Fred Williams (Texas Hall of Fame Basketball Coach), Andre Boutte (Ozen Head Coach), David Green (Fort Bend Hightower Head Coach), Travis Williams (Silsbee Head Coach), Todd Sutherland (Hardin-Jefferson Head Coach), and current coach Duane Joubert. All of the previous names listed were successful coaches in the Kountze program, and from what I'm taking from it is that you're saying that they LET these kids play "THUG BALL AT IT'S BEST." We (Kountze) have been running the same press (with a few tweaks) for the past 15 years. That same "THUG BALL" as you call it has won District Championships, Regional Championships, and also STATE Championships. The kids are taught the SYSTEM, by the head coach, and execute it. I guess the reason I am so outraged at your comment is because I'm a former Kountze Basketball player myself and the way we played the game was never looked at as "THUG BALL."

And we will see the same in Kountze next week, for sure.  I predict Kountze will bring the hard press and trap and will have half the fouls than warren.  Warren's top 3 players will foul out and brey will be threaten and slappin all the while.  Thug ball at it best.[/b]

Warfan, your hatred for the Kountze Basketball program is VERY obvious, but I'm am quite appalled and at the same time, outraged, that you would call our brand of basketball "THUG BALL AT IT'S BEST." Kind of a discriminatory remark, but I will not take that route. Fred Williams (Texas Hall of Fame Basketball Coach), Andre Boutte (Ozen Head Coach), David Green (Fort Bend Hightower Head Coach), Travis Williams (Silsbee Head Coach), Todd Sutherland (Hardin-Jefferson Head Coach), and current coach Duane Joubert. All of the previous names listed were successful coaches in the Kountze program, and from what I'm taking from it is that you're saying that they LET these kids play "THUG BALL AT IT'S BEST." We (Kountze) have been running the same press (with a few tweaks) for the past 15 years. That same "THUG BALL" as you call it has won District Championships, Regional Championships, and also STATE Championships. The kids are taught the SYSTEM, by the head coach, and execute it. I guess the reason I am so outraged at your comment is because I'm a former Kountze Basketball player myself and the way we played the game was never looked at as "THUG BALL."

Very well put KHSAlum.  as a former player and student from KHS I agree with you completly to call it thug ball is very well ill say it to me might as well be calling it gangster ball.  Ive never wanted anyone to get the score run up on them but Tuesday I hope they score and beat them worse than they have beaten anyone this year cause of the {thug ball comment that we play}

What I am saying is the officials let thug ball or street ball go on.  I don't blame the coaches or players for the style of basketball they can get away with.  I blame the Chapter and ultimantely the UIL for the problem.  My basketball interrest began in Kountze 34 years ago, I am not a kountze "hater" just hate what the game has evolved into.  The officiating in Warren is just as bad as anywhere else, I just believe the inexperience, untrained, underpaid and intimidated refs are doing a dis-service to the game and I am just sick of it.

And to threaten to run up the score on a group of young men because of the remarks of an old man proves my point. mccktown.  After seeing what kountze did to Buna, I am sure if the score would be run up anyway if possible.  Where's the class in that? And to quote Forest Gump, "that's all I'm going to say about that".

Guest ECBucFan

Sorry,  I have watched this mess in EC and Kountze for 25 years and it makes me sick. 

Odd, isn't it, that its "in EC and Kountze" if the "problem" is as pervasive as you imply... Wonder how that works...?

Sorry,  I have watched this mess in EC and Kountze for 25 years and it makes me sick. 

Odd, isn't it, that its "in EC and Kountze" if the "problem" is as pervasive as you imply... Wonder how that works...?

Kountze and EC have been fortunate enough to have had the athletes to exploit the style that is now permitted.  It is evident that the problem exist just about everywhere now.

Warren does not have the athletes to play contact basketball.  Fundamentals in defense and shooting used to be enough to be successful, those traits are now irrelevent,  its who is bigger, quicker and more physical. 

You guys are defending your schools and I applaud that but your schools have had the advantage due to the mis-application of the rules.  I don't blame the coaches and players but understand how frustrating it is to have coached, officiated and promoted the game for over 30 years and have it end up in its current state.

I am not a hater of any team, but I am a hater of whats happened to my sport, and don't expect me to apologize or mince words for that.  And if you haven't been around for more that 25 years I really don't expect you to understand.

Some good points made by both sides here, but the one that sticks out most is the one saying that Warren is not going to the playoffs because they are not a good team. The fact is Both Warren and Deweyville both beat Orangefield earlier this season, and it looks like Orangefield may be going in the 3a district.This may well be the toughest 2a district overall,as all teams with the exception of Buna had very good ball teams that could have made the playoffs in any other 2a district in Texas. To say that any of these teams were not good, except for Kountze and East Chambers is just crazy talk. I do agree with the officiating problem, it is bad everywhere. Another thing is, how is Kountze or East Chambers not a ranked team?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83