Who's your 21 3-a MVP

Jdad

Now you know I'm a big Katelyn Bersen supporter, But when you look at the big 3 in the district I can make a case for all 3. I believe there should be a 3-way MVP with KK, KB and Ang Green. They all are great players at different positions. When you look at the entire picture You can not say one is better than the other for their teams or as individuals. Give me KB at the point with Ang ona wing and KK on the other with Bree hall at post and Orangefields post at the other side with Latricia Moore and Chelsey Tyler off the bench and they'll beat some College teams. All 3 are MVP's

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love KB also, great shooter and passes better than any high school girl I have ever seen, but usually the MVP title would go to the player that helps her team win district. Because of that I think KK should win. She is a great 3 point shooter and leader on the court. They all bring something different to the table that makes their teams as good as they are. Ang Green signed with Lamar so that tells you what college scouts think of her. I appreciate the skills of all 3 players. Great year with some really great players.

District MVP

KK Little

Defensive MVP

KB

Offensive MVP

Ang Green

KK  is an awesome shooter and she plays very very good defense! 

KB is so quick, she can steal the ball and you'd still think you have and she's already shooting a lay-up. 

Ang I mean what hasn't been said about this girl.  She can shoot the ball from anywhere! 

Shackbully I believe if you look back the previous 5 years the district champion didn't win the MVP 3 times if I'm not mistaken. Its great that we have 3 girls to talk about and not just average girls. I believe these 3 are very good players and all from our district. I just can't find a way to say one is better than the other because their all good and  different. And if you take any of them away from their team it will hurt them. They mean alot to their teams success.

Shackbully I believe if you look back the previous 5 years the district champion didn't win the MVP 3 times if I'm not mistaken. Its great that we have 3 girls to talk about and not just average girls. I believe these 3 are very good players and all from our district. I just can't find a way to say one is better than the other because their all good and  different. And if you take any of them away from their team it will hurt them. They mean alot to their teams success.

I totally agree with your commemt. I love them all. But if you look at what the letters mean in "MVP" for District, it represents the player that had the biggest impact on their team accomplishing their goals. And the highest goal for district is being district champs. Now if you have a well rounded team that wins district and no certain girl stood out and the second place team has a unique player that made them a second place team knowing they wouldn't have been near that high with her supporting cast then maybe she should win the MVP, but that is not the case this year. We are talking about 3 equally talented teams. Ang Green was good enough to help Silsbee take 3rd and KB was good enough to take HJ to 2nd. KK took her team to the district title and in my mind that is the difference. If HJ had won district I would give it to KB. And the same with Ang and Silsbee. Again, this is personal opinion. If KB was to win nobody would be happier than me. Good Luck to all 3. Great Job!!!

A district title that no one gave them a chance to win. She took that team on her shoulders and won...that's why she should be the Most Valuable Player of this district. Don't get me wrong, believe me I know the type of players KB and Ang are, and they are definitely the MVP's of their team, but Kaylin is the MVP of this district!

In my opinion there is a difference between MVP and Most Outstanding Player of the district.  There is an arguement to be made that MVP should go to the team that wins district but there are teams that win district that are equally talented where as there may be a D1 player on another team that was MVP for HER respective team.  Perhaps the district should call this award Most Outstanding Player of the District.  I believe this would clarify alot.

KK and KB are great players...but they also have a great supporting role players. Ang Green is Silsbee. And someone said it earlier...she can shoot from anywhere. She can anywhere from point to post. MVP=Most Valuable Player. I believe the other schools could still compete without their stars. I do not think Silsbee could compete without Ang Green. Any three girls are great players but I believe if you look at it without a biased opinion...it has to be Ang Green. What can she not do?

KK and KB are great players...but they also have a great supporting role players. Ang Green is Silsbee. And someone said it earlier...she can shoot from anywhere. She can anywhere from point to post. MVP=Most Valuable Player. I believe the other schools could still compete without their stars. I do not think Silsbee could compete without Ang Green. Any three girls are great players but I believe if you look at it without a biased opinion...it has to be Ang Green. What can she not do?

I disagree. No way Orangefield wins this District without KK ! Granted they probably would make the play-offs but, without her they are a different team.

You have all made my point. That is why I started out with the three way tie. Each girl has earned it on their team. They have also earned it in district. If they all played in 3 different districts they would probably earned 3 different MVP's. All the possitives make them unique as players. My point is they all deserve the award. If one wins it that want mean the others didn't deserve it as well. They are all seniors and did everthing they could for their teams. We can argue for a lifetime who each of us thinks should win. But, we can all agree they all 3 are great players and have earned the right to be in the argument. Just for giggles Orangefield winning didtrict when everyone picked them 3rd means the predictors were wrong, and a D-1 ride doesn't win you a award, and being 5'3" doesn't mean you can't play with the big girls. ;D ;D ;D

They are all good shooters, but I actually believe that KK is the best shooter of the three. Ang and KB both create most of their shots off the dribble, not saying their not good 3pt shooting guards, but I believe both of them to be very streaky from behind the 3pt line. When we played Ang the first game, she couldn't hit a shot behind the arc...but when we played them at home she hit her first three of the night and it was on. KK has been consistent all year from behind the arc. I also believe that KB and KK are both better on the defensive end than Ang, but Ang is more athletic than the both of them overall. Her upside is huge!!!

Your wrong about KB being streaky behind the arc. She just can't sit on the outside and wait on the ball because as point guard she tries to get others going early. When she gets open to take the 3 she is very accurate. If you get the others % on the 3 I'll get KB's. As far as athletic you must mean height because all 3 are athletes. Predictions on the future is not part of the conversation. If  you watched the NCAA Championship last year the Tennessee team had a 5'3" point guard who plays alot like KB so who knows what the future holds.

I know all three are good athlete's, never said they weren't. And I never said anything about height either. I hate when someone says well she's only 5'3" or whatever, bull crap, if your a player...your a player bottom line. I know KK and KB will both excel at the next level if given the chance. Let's just hope someone gives them that chance.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami