2008 WO-S Schedule

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well at least we likely will not have to go up against two top 5 ranked teams in the first 3 rounds of the playoffs over the next 2 years unless something drastically improves in 22-3A and 24-3A.  Navasota is supposed to be very good next year, but they are almost guaranteed to be going Division 1. 

The U.I.L. has actually been extremely nice to us for a change in where we likely will be in the playoff bracket.  The way it is looking we will be the shoe-in for the top district seed in the D2 playoffs as Silsbee will go D1 unless there are some major upsets.  That will have us most likely going up against the runner up in the still very weak District 22 in the Bi-District round.  Since the U.I.L. made District 23 the BYE district and not District 24, we should only have to face the runnerup team from District 24 in the Area round of the playoffs.  Our luck will run out should we again advance to the 3rd round as we would then likely have to face the winner between the champ of 17-3A (Gilmer or Tatum) and 19-3A (Waco La Vega?)

Long story short, the top seed from 21-3A in the D2 playoffs is guaranteed to not have to face another top district seed until the 3rd round of the playoffs at the very earliest.

Region III playoff bracket in D2 

17-3A Champ plays 18-3A Runnerup

19-3A Champ plays 20-3A Runnerup

21-3A Champ plays 22-3A Runnerup

23-3A Champ (bye) plays 24-3A Runnerup

Since 23-3A is a bye district the 24-3A Runnerup will play the winner of 21-3A champ vs. 22-3A runnerup in the 2nd round

17-3A Runnerup plays 18-3A Champ

19-3A Runnerup plays 20-3A Champ

21-3A Runnerup plays 22-3A Champ

23-3A Runnerup (bye) plays 24-3A Champ

Since 23-3A is a bye, the 24-3A Champ will play the winner of 21-3A runnerup vs. 22-3A champ in the 2nd round

Guest tigersvoice

Scrimmages

At Vidor

At Dayton

Non District

At Nederland

LC-M Home

Kirbyville There

Jasper Home

Open

Brookshire Royal TBA

District

Silsbee Home

HF There

BC Home

HJ There

OF Home

Silsbee was at WO-S in 2007!  What's up with being there again in 2008?

Scrimmages

At Vidor

At Dayton

Non District

At Nederland

LC-M Home

Kirbyville There

Jasper Home

Open

Brookshire Royal TBA

District

Silsbee Home

HF There

BC Home

HJ There

OF Home

The Uil resets the home and home series after realignment. I believe my 3 years of varsity, we played LCM twice at home in a row. And Nederland Twice away in a row. It just depends how the draw goes.

Scrimmages

At Vidor

At Dayton

Non District

At Nederland

LC-M Home

Kirbyville There

Jasper Home

Open

Brookshire Royal TBA

District

Silsbee Home

HF There

BC Home

HJ There

OF Home

The Uil resets the home and home series after realignment. I believe my 3 years of varsity, we played LCM twice at home in a row. And Nederland Twice away in a row. It just depends how the draw goes.

Coaches draw for home and home at the district meeting!  UIL has nothing to do with the where you play just who you play.

Scrimmages

At Vidor

At Dayton

Non District

At Nederland

LC-M Home

Kirbyville There

Jasper Home

Open

Brookshire Royal TBA

District

Silsbee Home

HF There

BC Home

HJ There

OF Home

Coaches draw for home and home at the district meeting!  UIL has nothing to do with the where you play just who you play.

Are you sure???

Now I know you do not know what you are talking about.  If you will remember back Dayton and WOS have either scrimmaged or played for 8-10 years.  So not wanting to play WOS is not the truth.  They are scrimmaging each other in the first scrimmage which if you know anything about their past is always played just as a game.  So it does not matter whether you call it a scrimmage or a game it will be won or loss to the teams.  No one is scared of WOS, the least of all Dayton.

I wish we had Bay City and Dayton on the schedule.  We usually have a tougher pre-season... but, we'll be okay!  And, I remember playing district games away back-to-back after realignment.

Neither team wanted to play WO-S.

Now I know you do not know what you are talking about.  If you will remember back Dayton and WOS have either scrimmaged or played for 8-10 years.  So not wanting to play WOS is not the truth.  They are scrimmaging each other in the first scrimmage which if you know anything about their past is always played just as a game.  So it does not matter whether you call it a scrimmage or a game it will be won or loss to the teams.  No one is scared of WOS, the least of all Dayton.

I wish we had Bay City and Dayton on the schedule.  We usually have a tougher pre-season... but, we'll be okay!  And, I remember playing district games away back-to-back after realignment.

Not saying their scared!!! They ask Dayton to play and Dayton said in a scrimmage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know this for a fact!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think that anyone is saying Dayton is scared of anyone.  I was told by a member of the WOS and Dayton staff that Dayton was not going to keep the series going again, but they did agree to scrimmage.  Coaches drop and add teams for different reasons, in this case I don't think fear had anything to do with it.  I do know for a fact that this is the worse schedule that WOS has ever had.

Guest Chaingang Defense

Coach told us this has been the hardest year to find some teams to play in non district. Nederland, Kirbyville and jasper are good tests.

Don't always trust your resources from Orange.

Not saying their scared!!! They ask Dayton to play and Dayton said in a scrimmage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know this for a fact!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dayton and WOS wanted to play different people had nothing to do with dodging each other.  Coach Hooks and coach Stewart are good friends with mutual respect for each other.  Dayton had Friendswood and LaMarque lined up but being in a 9 team district Dayton had to drop LaMarque for week 3 since district starts week 2 at Crosby.  Dayton picked up another tradition rich school in Bay City for week 0.  Come to the 1st scrimmage and you will see a real game minus live special teams.  Both teams will play like it is a playoff game. 

Are you sure???

Yes I am!

Ok you know how some people get on here and pretend to know everything. They act like they are a coach or something. I was just making sure you weren't one of those wannabe's.

I'm just a wannabe.  I wish I knew as much about football as some of the people that post on this site!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83