Setxsports.com Game of the Week; LIVE FROM SPURGER TX.!!/WIN LU TICKETS!

I'll be in Spurger Tuesday night for this weeks broadcast of the Setxsports.com game of the week when Big Sandy visits Spurger in a BIG 24-1A district game. This should be a FANTASTIC matchup and another great broadcast.

I will have an extra incentive for that night. The first fan that comes by the broadcast table and answers correctly the following question will recieve 5 tickets to Saturday, Jan.19 Lamar basketball home game against Sam Houston St.

The question is, what class 1A school holds the state record for the most boys basketball state championships? Hint, this school is also the record holder for all classifications. First correct answer will win all 5 tickets.

Looking forward to a great game Tuesday night, can't wait.

Attention: There will be no GOW for Friday night the 18th. Will return on Tuesday the 22nd. Thanks

Congrats to Catman for correctly answering the trivia question. He won 5 tickets to see Lamar's game against Sam Houston this Saturday night. Snook High School is the answer. They have won 10 state championships leading all classifications, 8 in a row.

Really enjoyed doing the broadcast tonight from Spurger. I hope to be back in the near future.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="316147" timestamp="1200427635"]
Congrats to Catman for correctly answering the trivia question. He won 5 tickets to see Lamar's game against Sam Houston this Saturday night. Snook High School is the answer. They have won 10 state championships leading all classifications, 8 in a row.

Really enjoyed doing the broadcast tonight from Spurger. I hope to be back in the near future.
[/quote] AggiesAreWe  we as fans enjoyed having you there.thanks again
            Congrats Catman on winning the tickets ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="CATMAN" post="316209" timestamp="1200433796"]
AggiesAREWe-------------what did you think of the game.
[/quote]

First, let me start by saying it was a real treat getting to broadcast this game. I want to thank Spurger ISD for allowing me to do this. I also want to thank Coach Stapert and Coach Foster for the cooperation and genarosity, it was greatly appreciated. Good luck to both the rest of the season.

As for the game, well for starters, Phillip Whittaker, WOW!!!!!!! What a great game this young man played, particularly that first quarter. Scoring 14 of Spurger's 20 points in the 1st, amazing, he was unstopable. Phillip finished with a game high 28 points and 12 rebounds. The relentless pressure that Big Sandy's guards apply finally caught up with Spurger. Several forced and unforced turnovers in the second half doomed the Pirates. The Wildcats clamped down on the inside and denied Whittaker the ball and forced the Spurger guards to win it. Big Sandy did not take their first lead until the 7 minute mark of the 4th quarter. It went back and forth for the next 4 minutes but then Big Sandy got a couple of steals and some defensive stops went on a 9-2 spurt that gave them the cusion they needed to pull this game out.

I believe these are two evenly matched teams with the winner just making a few plays more than the loser. I believe it will be another close game the next time these two meet.

Again, thanks for making the Setxsports.com game of the week another thriller. Looking forward to the next one, and the next one, and the next one...........

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder