Road game favorites

Guest ECBucFan

Guest ECBucFan

Whats your favorite town or city to travel to for games? I don't mean for the teams or school rivalries. I mean the town themselves. Mine is EC going to Deweyville. We ALWAYS eat at Tuffy's. My family and I look forward that.

Guest ECBucFan

Going to Houston, we stop in the Channenview / I-10 area. Pappas Seafood is excellent. Marco's Mexican is good too. I wish they still played HS games in the Dome...

If we travel North to the Lufkin area, Del Rio's (one block north of the Lufkin mall, inside the loop), is in my opinion, the best Mexican Restraunt in the State!

Guest Techsan

Its been years ago but whenever we would go to PNG games we would eat at the seafood place next to the Rainbow Bridge before the game, always enjoyed that with my dad and his buddies who were PNG die hards.

Guest Jody

Oh the choices:

Going to Winnie - Al-T's

Going to Deweyville - Tuffy's

Going to Colmesneil - The Tree

OK folks' date=' if Al-T's is considered good food, then by all means please let me cook for you. I have eaten there twice in the last two years (not by choice) and it was the worse food I have eaten in a long while. Use to not be that way years ago.

One of the East of the Trinty restraunts I like is in Beaumont. Good home cooking and more than you can eat: [b']Richard's over on the West side of town.

As for Mexican food, hands down is a small mexican restraunt between Freer and Hebronville. There is another GREAT one in Tahoe (no kidding).

Seafood: I have not found many that are just great. Ester's is OK, Babin's (Kemha) is good, and Top Water Bar and Grill (Baycliff) is good.

Guest ECBucFan

Woah! One guy don't like the food in Winnie, and one don't like the people :scratch ....Y'all are certainly entiled to your opinions, but you are both clearly in the minority! Al-T's stays packed (must be doing something right), and I will put the towns congeniality up against anyone. :cheers

as far as the field goes i think every player wants to play in silsbee..i feel like im at augusta national on that field..well maybe not but its plush always, it was that way at our freezing playoff game. also we're looking forward to playing on kelly's field turf if that is true.

OK folks' date=' if Al-T's is considered good food, then by all means please let me cook for you. I have eaten there twice in the last two years (not by choice) and it was the worse food I have eaten in a long while. Use to not be that way years ago.

One of the East of the Trinty restraunts I like is in Beaumont. Good home cooking and more than you can eat: [b']Richard's over on the West side of town.

As for Mexican food, hands down is a small mexican restraunt between Freer and Hebronville. There is another GREAT one in Tahoe (no kidding).

Seafood: I have not found many that are just great. Ester's is OK, Babin's (Kemha) is good, and Top Water Bar and Grill (Baycliff) is good.

Jody, would that mexican resturant between Freer and Hebronville be LALA'S?

Guest Jody

Jody, would that mexican resturant between Freer and Hebronville be LALA'S?

I don't recall the name, but it is only open for lunch and is owned by a third or fourth generation family member. Awsome food!

• 2 years later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    newyourk01
    Newest Member
    newyourk01