Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
17 minutes ago, OlDawg said:

I saw a couple of very obvious BWB TO's that weren't called on some Facebook clips this morning. Some nice home cooking. But still, LP D is not anywhere near typical. LP needs this bye week bad. Maybe, they can get some health back. Clips I saw I noticed quite a few with only jerseys and shorts on.

Just glad they came out with a win. Sometimes games like these can light a fire. BWB came to play like they always do against the Dawgs.

Can't take any game lightly. This district has a lot of very good, young talent. Teams are going to be good for a few years with some talented playmakers it looks like.

I don't know how it will turn out this year. But, the prospects for multiple teams having very good runs & 9-5A being one of the best districts in the State next year as these young men grow look very good.

Some dynamic playmakers.

+1

Posted
5 minutes ago, 2trill said:

What’s your ranking for this week 

I'm so confused, I don't have a clue. 🤣

For a snapshot after this week, I'd lean towards:

  1. PAM
  2. BU
  3. LP
  4. BWB

PAM D dominant. BU looked like they were on fire. Whether it was a one game thing, or more, I don't know. But, they looked darn good last night. LP just because they found a way to win a tough road game with an all BU OL against a good team with an extra week to prepare. BWB because they seem to be better than what I saw earlier in the season. But, all this might change next week. NC didn't play after their emotional win, have an extra week to prepare, and have been right there multiple times. I just don't know if they have some of the dynamic playmakers like the other 4 yet.

Posted
1 minute ago, OlDawg said:

I'm so confused, I don't have a clue. 🤣

For a snapshot after this week, I'd lean towards:

  1. PAM
  2. BU
  3. LP
  4. BWB

PAM D dominant. BU looked like they were on fire. Whether it was a one game thing, or more, I don't know. But, they looked darn good last night. LP just because they found a way to win a tough road game with an all BU OL against a good team with an extra week to prepare. BWB because they seem to be better than what I saw earlier in the season.

???? They lost to GCM lol 

Posted
Just now, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

There's literally a high probability of a tie in this district for 4th place, if you know the tiebreaker system you let us know. 

I wish I knew the system. I was even thinking there might be multiple ties at different levels. Have NO clue how that would work, Would you break the first tie first, then move to the next, or what? 🤣😂😕

Posted
32 minutes ago, OlDawg said:

I'm so confused, I don't have a clue. 🤣

For a snapshot after this week, I'd lean towards:

  1. PAM
  2. BU
  3. LP
  4. BWB

PAM D dominant. BU looked like they were on fire. Whether it was a one game thing, or more, I don't know. But, they looked darn good last night. LP just because they found a way to win a tough road game with an all BU OL against a good team with an extra week to prepare. BWB because they seem to be better than what I saw earlier in the season. But, all this might change next week. NC didn't play after their emotional win, have an extra week to prepare, and have been right there multiple times. I just don't know if they have some of the dynamic playmakers like the other 4 yet.

I can see that 4 for sure 

Posted

1. Port Arthur (who will be able to pop them?  At this point, I don’t know)

2. Laporte (they seem to not be as good as I originally thought they’d be to start the year, but they are still a good football team)

3. Beaumont United (if they play like they are capable every week, these guys will be a tough out for even LaPorte and PA)

4. Goose Creek ( again, a good football team that could  beat every other team that’s NOT PA or  LaPorte.

Posted
1 hour ago, 2trill said:

About 2 weeks for 1 and maybe 2

Sounds about right. You should only need 4 wins to guarantee a spot. 4 wins by two teams would knock out some of the possible tiebreakers. I think 5 wins by two teams would eliminate tiebreaks for them unless there was a head-to-head needed between those two teams for seeding position. I think PAM can get there first because y’all’s Bye is later.

I’d have to sit down and look at who could beat whom, and what it would mean to be sure. Right now, with PAM following LP opponents except for Lufkin, some teams are picking up two losses back-to-back.

It’s going to be hard to keep PAM & LP from making PO’s at this time. Both only need one more win to pretty much lock up a spot. The rest will be duking it out.

BWB’s loss to GCM really hurt them.

Posted
On 9/26/2026 at 11:16 AM, BMTSoulja1 said:

1. Port Arthur (who will be able to pop them?  At this point, I don’t know)

2. Laporte (they seem to not be as good as I originally thought they’d be to start the year, but they are still a good football team)

3. Beaumont United (if they play like they are capable every week, these guys will be a tough out for even LaPorte and PA)

4. Goose Creek ( again, a good football team that could  beat every other team that’s NOT PA or  LaPorte.

👀

Posted
11 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

What about New Caney? You know, the team that has beat United.

There’s all kinds of scenarios with them still. I started looking at some of this today. Big game this week. Really, the PAM/BWB tilt is the least impactful game this week.

Posted
Just now, OlDawg said:

There’s all kinds of scenarios with them still. I started looking at some of this today. Big game this week. Really, the PAM/BWB tilt is the least impactful game this week.

If I am over this infection by Thursday and feeling up to it, I'll be at Randall Reed for Lufkin/NC.

At worst I'll watch it on TL.

Posted
1 minute ago, AggiesAreWe said:

If I am over this infection by Thursday and feeling up to it, I'll be at Randall Reed for Lufkin/NC.

At worst I'll watch it on TL.

I wanted to try and see some of GCM/RSS. But, I don’t see where it will be on anywhere. Big game as well.

Posted
Just now, OlDawg said:

I wanted to try and see some of GCM/RSS. But, I don’t see where it will be on anywhere. Big game as well.

No games are done at Stallworth for whatever reason. Sometimes Vype but that's hit or miss.

It's like the Goose Creek district wants no games streamed there except if visitors have a broadcast entity and then they are not very accommodating. 

Trust me, I have been there to broadcast games in the past.

I know TL no longer has a contract with them. 

Posted
14 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

No games are done at Stallworth for whatever reason. Sometimes Vype but that's hit or miss.

It's like the Goose Creek district wants no games streamed there except if visitors have a broadcast entity and then they are not very accommodating. 

Trust me, I have been there to broadcast games in the past.

I know TL no longer has a contract with them. 

After this week, it’s possible that 1 team will be virtually eliminated, and 3 more could be on life support with 3 losses. It will be a little easier to calculate scenarios next week. Someone will probably get into PO’s with a .500 record.

I wish TL would update their page to show current contracts. It’s apparently way out of date because they still showed BISD schools, and you mentioned they haven’t had a contract in like 2 years.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Member Statistics

    46,962
    Total Members
    1,837
    Most Online
    Jsup
    Newest Member
    Jsup
    Joined
×
×
  • Create New...