NFL vs Time Warner

MikeEast

Who else here is fed up with this controversy over getting games aired from the NFL network on Time Warner? I dont know what the deal is,,, but whatever it is, they need to get it worked out. I am really starting to get seriously hacked off that we are missing games like the Dallas Green Bay and Carolina games. I am not sure where the best place is to voice our concern where it will get some serious attention but calling TWC is a waste of time.

2 reasons for this post.

1. To say that as a sports fan, I am FED UP with this garbage.

2. To see if any of you know of a place where we have a voice where we will actually be heard on this issue.

I've about given up on it. Time Warner doesn't look like their going to give in.

And of course TW is blaming the NFL if you look on that "reserved" channel its states that if the NFL says its ok, they will broadcast games.  However, that channel didn't show up until TW started getting  bad press.

Its all about the money. They could care less if you get to see the game on TW or not. They do care about getting the money from TW to pass on to the consumer to fatten the pockects of who brought the NFL network to you. I can also tell you this. I have been 10 times happier with direct tv with my high def anttenna. Now everything is digiatal or HD. TW cost more with less IMO. Look in to it. I bet ya when TW starts finding out they lost half of there costomers to DTV because they are horses b*** about adding channels, They will add it then.

I think you guys are missing the point here. First of all, I am not a Time Warner subscriber, I have Direct TV, so I don't have a dog in this hunt. But, if I were to pick sides in this matter, I would have to back Time Warner in this case. The scenario is this, the NFL wants to dictate to the cable companies where they should put their NFL Network at. The NFL wants them to put it on the basic tiers like where the ESPN's and Golf Channels are at. They also want the cable companies to pay them an ungodly amount of money to have their channel there. This would force the cable companies to raise their rates across the board, forcing subscribers who don't even watch the NFL to pay for it. What the cable companies want is for the NFL to agree to have their channel in the premium tiers like the HBO's or on the digital tiers where the cost is extra, which would allow the people that want to pay extra for the channel to be only effected. The NFL wants their network where everyone can see it regardless if they watch it or not but pay for it anyway.

What it comes down to is simply out and out greed. The NFL is the richest professional sports entity in the world, but to them, they can never have enough money. They are the proverbial 800 pound gorilla trying to bully everyone to get what they want. I applaud the cable companies for standing up for ALL their subscribers, not just the football fans.

AggiesAreWe is unequivocally 100% accurate in his post - Jerry Jones and the NFL Network are trying to dictate to Time Warner how to run their company. I am by no means a fan of Time Warner (in fact I will never subscribe to them), but they are one of the few companies that had the balls to stand up to the NFL, and I applaud them for that. The NFL Network has chosen to broadcast a few games on the NFL Network just to force all carriers to put their channel on the basic tier. If you want to protest, protest to the NFL about how underhanded and down-right disgusting their strategy is. In fact, it's borderline blackmail.

Why is it that TWC has no problem charging me for the Golf Channel, the two Spanish speaking channels, and several others that no one in my family watches, but now they are all concerned about charging me for the NFL Network? 

Firts of all NedDog, the cable rates did not go up when those channels were put in place. Neither of those networks charged enough to cause the rates to increase. TWC absorbed those costs in order to provide more variety. What the NFL wants to charge is a whole different ballgame.

Guest Robert Plant

since im not getting espn classic anymore are they going to give me a discount because now i have fewer channels?   ::)

The answer to your question is no! Because now they're gonna give you three more shopping networks... :P

Firts of all NedDog, the cable rates did not go up when those channels were put in place. Neither of those networks charged enough to cause the rates to increase. TWC absorbed those costs in order to provide more variety. What the NFL wants to charge is a whole different ballgame.

Fair enough, I can understand that.  As I stated in another thread, I would not mind paying a little extra for the NFL Network, but that is not really the point here.  As far as I am concerned, the real issue here is that neither party is willing to work out a compromise.  Both sides are being bull-headed to a fault and quite frankly, it is starting to make me not even care that I don't get the channel.  Would I like to have it?  Of course I would!  Will I continue to voice my discontent with both parties' unwillingness to come to an agreement?  You bet!  Will I lose one bit of sleep b/c I can't watch a game on TV?  No way!

Fair enough, I can understand that.  As I stated in another thread, I would not mind paying a little extra for the NFL Network, but that is not really the point here.  As far as I am concerned, the real issue here is that neither party is willing to work out a compromise.  Both sides are being bull-headed to a fault and quite frankly, it is starting to make me not even care that I don't get the channel.  Would I like to have it?  Of course I would!  Will I continue to voice my discontent with both parties' unwillingness to come to an agreement?  You bet!  Will I lose one bit of sleep b/c I can't watch a game on TV?  No way!

That was my original reason for posting.. I really dont care about the details of what TW or the NFL's problems are or who is being greedy but SOMEONE is. All I know is that we are getting screwed out of being able to see the Cowboys play. I dont lose sleep over it either, but if the wheel does not squeak, its not going to get greased. Until they can come up with a solution a PPV option would at least give us SOME ability to watch the game. As it stands there is no option available other than switching to satellite or going to Hooters, which ain't happening for me.

I have Direct TV so the NFL channel is not a problem for me. What I have a gripe about is FOX 29 broadcasting the Saints instead of the Cowboys. I can get channel 29 usually clear enough to watch but the Cowboys are only broadcasted on channel 64 which I cannot catch clear enough to watch a game on. If the channel is located in Beaumont why can it not be strong enough to catch all over the golden triangle? I am a Cowboy fan not a Saints fan so I couldn't care less about the New Orleans team. There are more people in Texas that catch channel 29 than there are in Louisiana so if Fox wanted to carry the Saints why couldn't they have put them on channel 64 and put it in Lake Charles? If you have TWC then you can catch channnel 64 but not the NFL channel. I guess we are expected to have both Direct TV and TWC to catch the channels we want to watch.

Patriots' historic game to be available to all of America, after all

December 26, 2007

NEW YORK (AP) -- The New England Patriots' shot at history Saturday night will be available to every television viewer in the country after months of wrangling.

Their game against the New York Giants, in which the Patriots could become the first NFL team to go 16-0 in the regular season, was originally scheduled to be shown only on the NFL Network. Fewer than 40 percent of the nation's homes with TVs receive the channel.

The league announced Wednesday that the NFL Network feed will be simulcast on NBC and CBS. It's a major concession by league officials, who repeatedly said they would not show the game anywhere but the NFL Network. The NFL had faced mounting pressure from lawmakers in recent weeks to make the game available to more viewers.

Local TV affiliates in the Boston, Manchester, N.H., and New York areas who were already set to simulcast the game under NFL policy will still air it.

The NFL has feuded with major cable companies, who have declined to carry the network as part of basic packages.

"We have taken this extraordinary step because it is in the best interest of our fans," commissioner Roger Goodell said. "What we have seen for the past year is a very strong consumer demand for NFL Network. We appreciate CBS and NBC delivering the NFL Network telecast on Saturday night to the broad audience that deserves to see this potentially historic game. Our commitment to the NFL Network is stronger than ever."

This will be the first three-network simulcast in NFL history and the first simulcast of any kind of an NFL game since the first Super Bowl in 1967, when CBS and NBC both televised the first meeting of the champions of the newly merged National Football League and American Football League.

Cadinal supporter

I called FOX several years ago when I still had a dish and their tech folks

told me that fox64 is alow output signal, basically it was setup for when the AINTS and the BOYS played at the same time peole that had tw could watch a real TEAM!!! Guess they just got tired of the calls. Fox64's

tower is out on Hildebrant rd in south BMT.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont