Class 4A All-State/Hussey 1st Team; Johnson Defensive Player of Year

Gabe

Guest BIG HOUSE

I understand that there is another All-State Team that will be announced Jan./Feb. that the coaches had to submit....DAYTON will surely have someone on that team(sure should).

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i just don't see how 77 tackles is defensive player of the year worthy, not only that, allstate worthy?! especially when a sophomore in the SAME district had over 100 tackles?? not only was he not the best d-end in the DISTRICT, he wasn't even the best on his TEAM! number 2 (whatever his name is) is much better..

Dayton did have a great TEAM but maybe the voters didnt feel like they had 1 standout that deserved to make it. I mean god forbid dayton not have anyone make it and im sure lumberton feels cheated that they didnt have 4 or 5 players on the list. Get out of here there are a bunch of teams out there that prolly feel the same way. You dont always get what you want unless your name is Dravannti Johnson of course.

Dayton did have a great TEAM but maybe the voters didnt feel like they had 1 standout that deserved to make it. I mean god forbid dayton not have anyone make it and im sure lumberton feels cheated that they didnt have 4 or 5 players on the list. Get out of here there are a bunch of teams out there that prolly feel the same way. You dont always get what you want unless your name is Dravannti Johnson of course.

lumberton doesn't feel cheated at all..

YourDaddy,

No one from Lumberton feels mistreated. You wont be able to pull the L-Train fans into this fight. We are very proud of our Cody. If I may, NO ONE ON THE L-TRAIN feels that 4 or 5 of our kids should have made it.

On Dayton, you must not have watched them play to say they must not have had a standout. WRONG, WRONG, WRONG !!!!!!!!!! They have standouts on and off the field.

Congrats to DJ for being a good player. If DJ was from Lumberton we would be proud that he made it but would also feel there should have been other people worthy of the award..........

Guest beards_bro

I'm not sure what is more shocking, Coach Credeur getting shafted for coach of the year in district 22-4A or dude making player of the year for all-state & all-state DL. I personally feel that Credeur getting shafted is worse. If he doesn't get coach of the year this year then he probably never will. Think about that! I probably wouldn't have been as shocked if the coach from Dayton had gotten it as he took his team all the way to the state semi's and not just to the 2nd round.

the reason that Creduer did not get it is because Lumberton was supposed to be good and with a 3 way tie then the coach that was not supposed to be there deserves the nod over the 2 that should have been at that position.  Remember, you all told us how good Lumberton was supposed to be this year and you were right.  PNG was supposed to be middle of the road and they were in a 3 way tie for first in a year that probably saved Burnett's job.  He deserved the award.  That is not to say that Creduer did not do a great job, just Burnett's job was a little bit better and harder.

I'm not sure what is more shocking, Coach Credeur getting shafted for coach of the year in district 22-4A or dude making player of the year for all-state & all-state DL. I personally feel that Credeur getting shafted is worse. If he doesn't get coach of the year this year then he probably never will. Think about that! I probably wouldn't have been as shocked if the coach from Dayton had gotten it as he took his team all the way to the state semi's and not just to the 2nd round.

How does a team make it to State Semi-Finals and not have at least 1 player on the list?

In '98, '99, '00 and '01 Nederland made it to three straight years in the quarters and the last year in the semi's and no all-state players. How is that? Four straight years in a row in at least the quarters and no all-staters?

The problem is that you can't judge all state players by how far the team goes. I am not saying that Dayton didn't have any deserving players and I am sure that many teams could say the same. To question how a team can make it that far doesn't mean anything however. Therein lies the concept of "team".

Guest BIG HOUSE

SETXFAN

These same coaches that voted for Coach Of the Year were the one's that picked Lumberton to place 7th. in district.....

Maybe coach Credeur did to good of a job!!!! Beat to many of the other team's maybe.. :o

well how does garrett from lake travis not make 1st team QB, better stats then the 1st team guy, now that is the biggest mistake i can see, i did not see DJ play but guy's come on he is a kid he didn't vote him defensive player of the year just give him his credit that he due. So what if he has signed with UT that did not make any difference obvisously someone thought this kid could play defense.

all you people hating on Johnson are ridiculous. Congratulate him and SHUT UP!!!!!  I would be just as happy for a kid from dayton if they had made it.  For all you people know he could get on this board.  Why would any of you want to tear a young man down?  I just don't get it. Unless of course some of you are still highschoolers/college age and haven't grown up yet.

First off. Now one is tearing him down. Everyone is giving him credit and knows he is a tremendous athlete. We are just saying that we and everybody else knows he didnt impress as much as he could have. The award could have easily went to someone else. And for the guy who said it doesnt matter that hes going to Texas. Then why would they put "commited to Texas" instead of ALL his stats. Heck 77 tackles and 1 fumble recovery. That kid from Ozen had 2 times as good as a season. I just want them to give awards were awards are due.

Sour grapes...

Reading the comments I haven't seen anything too terribly bad.  Everyone is just expressing their opinions, taking up for their teams, and basically just stating the OBVIOUS.  The last time I looked everyone is entitled to their opinion, their hasn't been any personal attacks that I can see.  Once DJ goes to UT he will be under a microscope worse than any message board ever thought about being.  The AP is kind of like the BCS, all the coaches and fans etc. know it doesn't mean a hill of beans because every year it comes out it ends up being a big joke.  Each and every player has to play the game and DJ along with many other athletes that weren't mentioned will get their shot and it's up to them to make the best of it.  BUT I still can't believe there were not any Waller, Dayton, and Lumberton (besides Hussey) players on the All State List.  As far as Ozen's concerned, they have no arguments, actually they kind of fell off the map as far as football goes.  What happened to all of their talent?  Seems like their interests are going to other areas.

I'm pretty sure Mack Brown and his comittment to UT had something to do with the voting i'm sure, well you at least know where i'm going with that.  How is it absolutely possible that not one defensive player from Dayton made the team.  Mack must have not seen the video of Dugat or Powell running by Johnson scoring all of those touchdowns against him.  Dayton had one of the top five defenses in the state if not 1 or 2.  How is this possible?  This is disturbing and comical all at the same time.  Congrats to Hussey, wish I could say that to some other well deserving athletes.  Maybe I'll call Mack.

Dayton had the #1 scoring defense in the state for class 4A.  Congrats to Mr. Hussey, quite a snub for AJ though.  He was the 2nd best player I saw this year behind that Jaquizz kid from Lamar (reminds me of Dante Hall with Barry Sanders moves).  Can't believe the Gilbert wasn't the all state QB though...almost 5000 yards, c'mon now writers.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami