OZEN PLAYERS GONE?

THEBRAIN

Guest DickVitale

You mean like Coach Clayton used to HJ??? :D....In all seriousness though, I think Boutte is about ready for another challenge. His dominance throughout this state and SE Texas has been staggering. Maybe after another year or two he will take it to the next level or even the one after that, because he has that connection as well...No rumor there, just fact..Maybe pro, maybe college??....Perhaps at his alma mater???  Stay tuned.

Guest DickVitale

Coop you are about on the money on that bet... ;)....he may not even have to change his residence either! Maybe...stay tuned! I will say that the offers have BEEN there, he just had other things going on that prevented it from happening in the past, namely his sons...

so boutte at the end of his career decides to coach at lamar? Where you spend 90% of your time on the road recruiting. And please dont tell me Dickie you think he has a chance to be anything but a recruiter for them.  ??? He is a hell of a high school coach but that is a different game.  Boy i would love to see his x's and o's up on that level. It would take about 5 min for other teams to write up their scouting reports.

Guest DickVitale

Since when is 43 years old the END of a career?  I never said Lamar specifically, BUT he has been offered to coach there in SEVERAL capacities over the years. And yes, he could have been Tubbs successor well before Roc was even in the picture.  As far as HIS X's and O's go, basketball is basketball.  Yes, certain schemes work better with high school level talent, but if you can coach you can coach...PERIOD..I think Boutte has proven that.  College coaching DOES however, differ, in that you must also be a good recruiter, because we all know that without players the best coaches become very average.  But, as far as basketball knowledge goes, there aren't many that can hold a candle to Boutte.  FACT.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124