*Kountze vs. Hardin Updates*/LISTEN LIVE!!!/HARDIN WINS

KFDM COOP

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest HornetBballFan

Wow!  What a game!  The House of Sting was packed tonight.  It was standing room only and the fans from both teams were able to see a terrific game.  Congratulations to the Hornets for playing outstanding basketball and getting to the 2-0 mark in district.  Enjoy the victory.  You deserve it!

Don't know the box score for the free throws, but when Hardin went to the stripe, they made the most of it, especially Nolan...I think he only missed one free throw out of like 6-8 free throws.  I would guess (and this is a guess) Hardin made like 14 of 18 free throws and Kountze made like 8 or 9 out of 14 free throws.  Their inability to hit the three helped the Hornets and they were smart to not try to press Kountze; they immediately went to a zone in the Kountze offensive court.  Hardin gave us Hornet fans a bit of a scare a few times thinking they were going to be called for 10 seconds (before making it to halfcourt) but they seemed to pull it out when they needed it the most.  Marsh had over 20 points and Nolan had about 13-15 pts, but Hunter Davis made some clutch FTs  down the stretch.  However, Bray is an extremely gifted athlete and I have to give props to him and Walker...they played well, but the thing that also helped the Hornets is that Kountze couldn't seem to get him (Bray) the ball in the 2nd half.  (also, the Kounzte team doesn't seem as mature as Kountze teams of the past...seemed too aggressive and not willing to accept the blame as far as the fouls went...but I bet Joubert will have them calm and composed by the time playoffs get here...I know that guy...he demands alot of his players and they will respond in kind)  Someone here mentioned that this Kountze team is not on the level of the Ashton Hall teams, but I figure they will go deep if every team they play tries to run and gun with them.

This was a good game.  But from what i see they(kountze) has a lot of maturing to do.  On accepting that they got a foul and going on with the game.  But as for as the refs they made alot of bad calls on hardin, and kountze, terrible refs they let alot go at the beginning of the game.  Anyway great job to both teams best of luck on down the road.

Guest ECBucFan

I really admire the Hardin players and the overall athletic program. Clearly, they have a burning desire to win, both on the football field and basketball court. Good job, Hornets!  :)

I'm telling ya'll.......like I said on another thread a couple of weeks ago, Hardin is going to win this district! That's what I predicted and you can check my posts I've put up, had a few doubters then but I think they'll change their minds after this game. Good job Hornets!!!

I hear the Nolan kid is a weak character kid any truth to that.

Why would you want to start something like that? Do you even know him? I have known him since he was in Elementry School. He is a good young man. 

How about you? How is your Character?  Do you have any facts to backup that statement?

Marsh is solid as a dollar.I went to the ballgame just to watch and I thought it was a pretty well officiated game.Not sure about highsky stats on the free throws.Neither team shot them real well,but in that atmosphere that is understandable.I think this districts champ will be the team that steals a couple on the road.They will have at least 2 losses and I think there are 5 or 6 teams capable of winning it.Watching Kountze last night they would still be my favorite.They lived and died last night with the long ball and it wasn't falling.This was a game that was a lot of fun to watch.

Runitup is right Nolan I believe is #2. Plays Real Dirty and got away with most of it the other night. He got a Tech along with Kountze's Jamesky Sabbaeron for mouthing off. But he is a ok player can hit the open shot and take someone off the dribble hardin is a very scrappy ball club I feel Kountze will think about playing man to man against them next time because they couldn't handle the ball with that pressure....Kountze Lions just have to make freethrows 6-18 is not going to win road games.

I am sorry I thought you were talking about his Character.

You were talking about the way he was playing when Kountze lost. We all know that Kountze plays a good clean game and never fouls.

Joubert would never step in front of a player while he was running down the court. Or were you at the game last year.

We will be waiting on the red carpet and the usual Kountze refs when we get there.

whsalum...you may be right about the FTs...but it sure seemed like Nolan, Hall, and Davis made alot of their FTs.  Marsh didn't hit too many of them though, if he had he would be closer to 30 pts for the game instead of just over 20 pts. 

Runitup and Topdawg...if you don't know Nolan or weren't at the game, then shut your yapping.  District games like this one often have a lot of tension in them and some fouls may be construed as dirty playing but is really not.  Officiating was good but they missed a couple of fouls (of the technical kind) against Kountze.  Marsh (of Hardin) was slapped a tech for untucking his jersey on the court, but Bray was not and he did the exact same thing and he basically almost took his jersey off.  Also, there was a foul called Kountze towards the end of the game that should have been called "intentional or flagrant" because the K-town player grabbed our PG pretty hard to stop the clock.  1 or 2 of the Kountze players had to be warned about running their mouths early in the game.  Most of the Hardin players took their fouls (called against them) and didn't argue about it.  Kountze seemed like "what foul?" for most of the game.  Also, with a two man crew officiating, there were some other fouls not called, but I am chalking that up to not looking/being the right place at the right time for them.

Yes, I am a Hardin homer, but if you look at my previous posts in general...I try to be as unbiased as possible when dissecting something.  However, if I am wrong, I will apologize and take it like a man...Can you?

well i was at the game and i know dirty play when i see it. in the 3rd quarter Devin Bray was running down court and was setting up at the high post when Nolan tripped him.

Somehow, I knew you were going to bring that one up...I saw the same play and it looked like Bray stumbled as he got close to Nolan.  Nolan didn't even see Bray coming b/c he was in a zone defense and watching the ball.  The ball was on the left side of the court near the baseline.  Bray was closer to the right side of the key then darted into the lane to set up.  He either tripped over his own feet or stumbled over Nolan's foot.  The point is that I had a fairly good view of the play as it unfolded and Nolan did nothing dirty.

Now, I could have said that Kountze pulled a dirty play on Nolan on a fast break.  Nolan got the ball, took off to the Hornet basket, a Ktz player was there with his hands up, Nolan pulled up and shot a jumper (made it by the way), and the Ktz player rang him up in the privates.  I could have called that a dirty play if I was biased, but the way I saw it was when Nolan came down from the jumper, the Ktz player was in a position with his knees bent and facing Nolan.  As Nolan came down, he just happened to come down on the Ktz player's knee.  Now, from my initial description... sounds like a dirty play doesn't it, but it wasn't.  It was just an unfortunate collision.  I believe the same could be said of the Bray incident.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83