TABC Boys Rankings (February 18 08) Final Rankings

I'm not trying to complaain but I don't understand why Silsbee is still isn't on here. It been over a month of b-ball season and SIlsbee has yet faced some good team and have a record of 11-2. With not many experienced players they are doing quite well. Why isn't they getting any respect.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not trying to complaain but I don't understand why Silsbee is still isn't on here. It been over a month of b-ball season and SIlsbee has yet faced some good team and have a record of 11-2. With not many experienced players they are doing quite well. Why isn't they getting any respect.

You answered your own question... Nobody knows there players...  They are not udefeated and there are teams with known players that are undefeated to one loss teams!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ST4life

You answered your own question... Nobody knows there players...  They are not udefeated and there are teams with known players that are undefeated to one loss teams!

that is cool but those unknown players for Silsbee beat the #3 state ranked H-J Hawks

HJ (full strength) beat Silsbee by 18

HJ (minus Trey Burrell) lost to Silsbee by 2.

Silsbee (minus two players) still beat HJ by 2.

Silsbee (minus two BENCH players) beat HJ (without one of its best players) by 2.

Not going to get into this again except to make sure facts are stated.......#40 is a starter (approx 10 ppg) #30 (I think) yes bench player, however he scored 18 including four of six 3's (approx 10 ppg) maybe HJ wins maybe not......but they weren't both BENCH players, and the other provides plenty of scoring off the bench!

I finally have come to the conclusion that Silsbee is the Rodney Dangerfield of boys high school basketball. NO RESPECT!!!!

How can they not be in the top 20 state polls? 21-5, just beat the then #3 ranked team, all their losses were to state ranked teams at that time.

These polls are a joke!

HJ (full strength) beat Silsbee by 18

HJ (minus Trey Burrell) lost to Silsbee by 2.

Regardless,  this will come down again (Most Likely) to the Regional Finals.  Give respect to both teams and enjoy the success that this district has every year in the playoffs.  When, and I DO BELIEVE when, Silsbee wins state, the polls will start favoring them like they do these other programs.

Silsbee has been so close many times and has never brought it home.  They are due. 

Of course, once again, this is only my opinion.

Chew on it.    ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami