HJ Loses 74-58

Guest spinks

Guest catfever

It was funny how in an earlier post an HJ fan mentioned how the non-call fouls hurt them the most.  It seems when HJ plays those same non-call fouls might hurt the other team, but anytime anybody mentions it they are whining.  My how the worm turns.  Did you ever think that the fould count should always be 3:1 when HJ plays because of the type of defense they play.  I wasn't at the game, but maybe they just ran across some officials who call it tighter than SE Texas officials do.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i knew the refs were gunna be that way. even if i wasnt from hj i would still say the refs cheated. it was ridiculous. it is a loss to a good 4a team. one loss is not gunna kill us. we will bounce back quick from the loss and keep on fighting till we get to austin.

LH is not a 4A team they a 3A team.

LH was a good team they out rebounded us and shot really well but if you wouldve seen the game and realized that the refs had one fair quarter and thats when HJ made their run to get back in the game now i can see why LH hasn't lost at home in a long time but makes you wonder if they are soo good at home how come they haven't made it passed the second round of the playoffs in their history

Guest nostradamus

The officials did not have any factor in HJ losing.  We got whipped good by a good team on this night.  Squash the official talk and get read for the next game!  Champions don't make excuses!

WOW! So I guess everyone is out to get poor little HJ.......why is it when others feel cheated (Silsbee -vs- HJ, Regional Finals) most HJ fans get all bowed up, and start telling US to shut up...etc..etc...etc........Silsbee loses two games and WE suck.......not HJ.......They were CHEATED........now now now......maybe ya'll just SUCK to now.........or then again, maybe we (Silsbee) will just see it as it is.......HJ lost to a good team (that played better than they did on this night) HJ will always be a force and those that know anything at all about this game knows that.

Silsbee -vs- HJ will be 2 good games when district rolls around!

(Most HJ Fans) Be more specific about who says things. I know thousands of HJ fans and have never heard that before. You also said (we Silsbee) are you the spokesperson for that town? And did you see the game to intelligently make that analogy as to weather they were a good team. I was not there so I know I couldn't say that. Are we just making general statements in an attempt to make our comments more exciting?

(Most HJ Fans) Be more specific about who says things. I know thousands of HJ fans and have never heard that before. You also said (we Silsbee) are you the spokesperson for that town? And did you see the game to intelligently make that analogy as to weather they were a good team. I was not there so I know I couldn't say that. Are we just making general statements in an attempt to make our comments more exciting?

Fair enough.....

"most HJ fans" that post on here!

"We Silsbee" I'm sure in this case I do represent what most Silsbee fans believe.

"good team" nope I wasn't there, but I can only assume (and yes I know what assuming does) that if HJ lost to them (even on a bad night) they MUST be good!

Now for MY question: With all the excitment on this board in many different sports, why did you choose my comments to make your FIRST post? I am flattered!

Fair enough.....

"We Silsbee" I'm sure in this case I do represent what most Silsbee fans believe.

"good team" nope I wasn't there, but I can only assume (and yes I know what assuming does) that if HJ lost to them (even on a bad night) they MUST be good!

Now for MY question: With all the excitment on this board in many different sports, why did you choose my comments to make your FIRST post? I am flattered!

Up to this point I have basically used this sight as a information only source. Read peoples thoughts so I could be more informed of what the kids and the teams in the area are accomplishing. Your obvious attack on HJ (I guess yall suck) was a little to much for me this time. Most comments like this I ussually fast forward thru. My fault for letting that happen. I know now this was not the one I should have responded to first.

Fair enough.....

look i am going to say this as much as a rivalry silsbee and hj is we are still in the same district and silsbee i would even have pulled for yall if you would have played them i wish someone from silsbee would have been there it was the worst homer officiating i have ever seen hj was coming back in the end of the 4th down by six next thing i know 3 techs for NOTHING at all just for hj players making faces so silsbee ease up i know i pound yall on this forum but still LH wasnt really doing much but hitting free throws on all of their 40 fouls they got from us and 3 techs and they only had 16 fouls so yes it was pathetic

I find it real funny MWhizzie how you want some simpathy from Silsbee fans after you continously berate the Tigers every chance you get. You say how you would have pulled for Silsbee if it were them playing LH but the funny thing is, you have never pulled for them against anyone before. You have done nothing but bad mouth the Tigers since you have been on this board.

As for what happened up in Lufkin, I was told by a friend who saw the game and he is not from either school, that there was a little home cooking going on. Hey, it happens sometimes and from what I hear, it happens kind of regularly up there. But the fact remains, LH won, and HJ had their chances to get back in the game but made a few mistakes down the stretch. Tough loss but I'm quite sure the Hawks will bounce back.

I guess my question is, you HJ fans really weren't thinking the Hawks were going to go undefeated, did you?

I find it real funny MWhizzie how you want some simpathy from Silsbee fans after you continously berate the Tigers every chance you get. You say how you would have pulled for Silsbee if it were them playing LH but the funny thing is, you have never pulled for them against anyone before. You have done nothing but bad mouth the Tigers since you have been on this board.

As for what happened up in Lufkin, I was told by a friend who saw the game and he is not from either school, that there was a little home cooking going on. Hey, it happens sometimes and from what I hear, it happens kind of regularly up there. But the fact remains, LH won, and HJ had their chances to get back in the game but made a few mistakes down the stretch. Tough loss but I'm quite sure the Hawks will bounce back.

I guess my question is, you HJ fans really weren't thinking the Hawks were going to go undefeated, did you?

ah boo hoo i dont want any of yall's sympathy i am just saying that if you werent there you dont know what happened but it's all over now hj will bounce back this week with wos

Its still official - no 21AAA team seems to lose to a better team - It always appears to be the Refs (in this case) the coaches play calling (or lack there of) or some other reason that they lose.  Guys 21AAA is a good district for all sports - but you are not ALWAYS the best team.

Learn that if you lose it MAY JUST BE YOU GOT BEAT! ;)

Its still official - no 21AAA team seems to lose to a better team - It always appears to be the Refs (in this case) the coaches play calling (or lack there of) or some other reason that they lose.  Guys 21AAA is a good district for all sports - but you are not ALWAYS the best team.

TRUE!!!!!!!  LH was the better team that night at their gym with their officials!!!

look oldtimer,

quit whining about people whining. this is a forum to talk about their teams. if you dont like it- who cares. and i read the whole thread about officials not having anything to do with the outcome of a game and i couldnt disagree more. i see where you are coming from on how sometimes you just need to admit that you got beat by a better team but come on now, let's think about this. If your a player at the age of 17 and you are getting called for bogus things everytime you get close enough to smell another human being. it tends to back you up a little and force you to play on your heals. the calls changed the whole attitude of the game.

look oldtimer,

quit whining about people whining. this is a forum to talk about their teams. if you dont like it- who cares. and i read the whole thread about officials not having anything to do with the outcome of a game and i couldnt disagree more. i see where you are coming from on how sometimes you just need to admit that you got beat by a better team but come on now, let's think about this. If your a player at the age of 17 and you are getting called for bogus things everytime you get close enough to smell another human being. it tends to back you up a little and force you to play on your heals. the calls changed the whole attitude of the game.

Nice mate 8)

look oldtimer,

Hmmm...I read his post and I didn't get that he was "whining" about anything.  One thing that is hard to accept is that officials call a game the way they want to; not always right, but it happens everywhere.

What I find really humorous about some of the posts on here are that so many are made by new posters.  It's just kind of cute!

An old coach used to say that "excuses were for losers" and that is a great philosophy that can be used in all aspects of life. ;)

Hmmm...I read his post and I didn't get that he was "whining" about anything.  One thing that is hard to accept is that officials call a game the way they want to; not always right, but it happens everywhere.

What I find really humorous about some of the posts on here are that so many are made by new posters.    It's just kind of cute!

An old coach used to say that "excuses were for losers" and that is a great philosophy that can be used in all aspects of life. ;)

I bet you five bucks that you made a first post one time.

On a side note, Congrats Huntington.

I bet you five bucks that you made a first post one time.

On a side note, Congrats Huntington.

HNIC--You just don't understand. People who have posted alot become smarter than the average bear!! Their ideas should hold more weight since they knew about this sight before you. While some new posters may be cute (as stated earlier), I must admit some of the oldtimers on this sight are just down right hilarious.

HNIC--You just don't understand. People who have posted alot become smarter than the average bear!! Their ideas should hold more weight since they knew about this sight before you. While some new posters may be cute (as stated earlier), I must admit some of the oldtimers on this sight are just down right hilarious.

hahahaha. now that is one of the funniest things i have heard today. look, i'm not going to sit here and argue about who has been on this site longer or who deserves senority on a sports forum... you think that this site is limited to only the people who have a screen name? newsflash: i can read too. and i have never been inspired to make a post until previous bias statements. such as yours that you just posted. but hey.. who am i to talk? i dont make many posts so i am OBVIOUSLY not as educated on the sports world as you fine gents'. forgive me for my ignorance.

I am a nuetral commentator on this subject and have been reading on this website for over a year now and these are the funniest comments i have seen in a while!!! But you guys just have to face the facts... no matter how many words are typed, or how many catchy phrases you all say the score doesn't lie

Hudson-74  HJ-58

Now it may of been because HJ had a bad night, or Hudson just had a good one, or Hudson is actually a great team (look at their stats and record), or even the refs cheated the hawks (HJ's agressive defense and press probably kept the unfamiliar officail's whistles blowing), it doesn't matter... all that matters is the final score and there is nothing that you can say to change that

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder