*Up To This Point Which Players, Teams, Have Really Stood Out???*

KFDM COOP

Out of the very small school league I would have to say Spurger. I assumed they would be better but not 5 or 6 games better. J.T. Sheffield is a stand out,great shooter from behind the arc.He put 33 on Deweyville in their tourney.Team D has impressed me the most. The three fish that comes off the bench improves every game out and that is going to be the key for the long run.

Donte Lopez and Lenard Whittington at WB pushed Ozen to the wire with their big men still playing football.  The Brook may have a special year when the team actually comes together.

I like Jacovian Buckner, Memorial he really puts pressure on teams to lay-off Brown.

DeCarlos Frank, Ozen...  The kid can flat out play.  I love the high arcing jumpeer.

Glley at Central is a true find and highly skilled.

Houston Madison's point guard is a freak....  5' 10" atheletic, big, strong, and quick.

Ozen and Westbrook will have a special year.

Im going with court side, spuger has really stood out. They are #19 in state and just improving. If they keep there intensity up and play like they are capable of playing, they will go a long way. JT sheffield dropped 33 points on dewyville. he in my opinion is the best 3 point shooter in the area. the freshman are doing good, and the seniors are showing good leadership. keep it up spurger, you are doing great!!!!!

Ive already mentioned Lopez after seeing him vs. Central.  That Madison PG is nice.  The thing that jumps out at me is how he can pull up for a jumper on the dime and he gets so much elevation.  Wow!!!  The only missing link in Gulleys game is the 3 point shot.  other than that, he needs to be mentioned in the same breath as the area's top players.

I'm gonna give a handful of teams some love here..

In 1A, i'd have to say Spurger.  We knew they'd be good although i think they're a little better than people expected.  I dont know much about Hull Daisetta and what they expected but most seem to be pleasantly surprised with them..i know they could be good since they have a good coach.

In 2A, theres a couple teams to mention.  First, Newton is very good, dont know if anyone expected that.  They could be the favorites in their district.  Deweyville has done very well this year and definitely has a shot in this district. 

In 3A, Orangefield has done very well.  Most people had them going in 5th or 6th before the season, now i see people putting them in their playoff picks..

In 4A, i dont know much about this classification, but LCM seems to be having a nice year.

Paul Sims -Warren-thru 12 games has hit 36-3ptrs, 40/47 from the ft line and is averaging 20 points a game.Warren has been a little inconsistant but should have all there players back now.I think they will be fine.

I was waiting for this name to pop up as I went down the posts. Very glad to see his name on here, this kid has done great so far this season...can't wait to see what he does when district comes around and the games then REALLY matter. Also, I would like to add Tyler Copeland from WH. I don't know his stats personally but from a couple of posts on other threads it seems like every game the kid is putting up double-doubles. He was a good player last year and now is having to step up big with the absence of Letsinger. Maybe someone can put his stats on here and give ya'll a better idea of what I'm talking about rather that "he's good." 8)

• 3 weeks later...

MR.REALITY WE ALL NEW YOU WOULD SAY HD.BUT YOU DID NOT SAY ANYTHING ABOUT THE --- KICKING THAT EC LAY ON HD---ALL WE HEARD FROM YOU WAS HOW THE REF.HELP EC WIN.I STILL THING HOW YALL REF.LAST YEAR TOOK THE GAME AWAY FROM SPURGER. ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::):o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kinghoyn
    Newest Member
    kinghoyn