Mitchell's Report on MLB Steroids Looms

NEW YORK (AP) - Baseball is about to get its official boxscore on the Steroids Era. It's the Mitchell Report, the findings of former Senate Majority Leader George Mitchell's 20-month investigation into performance- enhancing drug use that has tarnished some of the game's greatest stars and records.

It's due out next week, possibly Thursday, and while critics are sure to claim it's one-sided and outdated, it has given players and executives cause for pause and led some to fear a modern-day Black Sox scandal.

This is the hidden content, please

hammer1zx3.jpg

Baseball Reviews Mitchell Report

Dec 11 07:54 PM US/Eastern

By RONALD BLUM

AP Baseball Writer

NEW YORK (AP) - Major League Baseball has begun to review a draft of George Mitchell's report on drug use in the sport, one of the final steps before the results of his 20-month investigation are released.

Baseball reviewed a draft Tuesday at the Manhattan office of DLA Piper, the law firm that Mitchell chairs, a baseball official said, speaking on condition of anonymity because Mitchell hasn't authorized any statements. The report likely will be released Thursday, the official said

Steroid Report Expected to Cite About 50 Players

By MICHAEL S. SCHMIDT

Published: December 12, 2007

The headquarters for George J. Mitchell’s investigation into the use of performance-enhancing drugs in baseball has been the DLA Piper law offices in Midtown Manhattan, right next to Rockefeller Center and only blocks from the Park Avenue offices of Major League Baseball. On Tuesday, as Mitchell’s 20-month investigation drew to a conclusion, it was Major League Baseball that was on the move, as officials from the sport went to the DLA Piper offices to get a look at the report.

Guest Orangeboy

I kind of have mixed feeling about this, because it isn't like they are naming everyone who every took steroids. I am such a fan of the game that I hate to see it drug through the mud in this way, but if it helps clean up the game in the long run I'm all for it. Just hope the big names are limited. I hated to see Palmeiro go down like he did but he is paying the price for a bad decision he made. And life is all about decisions.

Here is a rumored list I read this morning:

Brady Anderson, Manny Alexander, Rick Ankiel, Jeff Bagwell, Barry Bonds, Aaron Boone, Rafaeil Bettancourt, Bret Boone, Milton Bradley, David Bell, Dante Bichette, Albert Belle, Paul Byrd, Wil Cordero, Ken Caminiti, Mike Cameron, Ramon Castro, Jose and Ozzie Canseco, Roger Clemens, Paxton Crawford, Wilson Delgado, Lenn y Dykstra, Johnny Damon, Carl Everett, Kyle Farnsoworth, Ryan Franklin, Troy Glaus, Rich Garces, Jason Grimsley, Eric Gagne, Nomar Garciaparra, Jason Giambi, Jeremy Giambi,  Jose Guillen, Jay Gibbons, Juan Gonzalez, Clay Hensley, Jerry Hairston, Felix Heredia, Jr., Darren Holmes, Wally Joyner, Darryl Kile, Matt Lawton, Raul Mondesi, Mark McGwire, Guillermo Mota, Robert Machado, Damian Moss, Abraham Nunez, Trot Nixon, Jose Offerman, Andy Pettitte, Mark Prior, Neifi Perez, Rafael Palmiero, Albert Pujols, Brian Roberts, Juan Rincon, John Rocker, Pudge Rodriguez, Sammy Sosa, Scott Schoenweiis, David Segui, Alex Sanchez, Gary Sheffield, Miguel Tejada, Julian Tavarez,Fernando Tatis, Maurice Vaughn, Jason Varitek, Ismael Valdez, Matt Williams and Kerry Wood

Here is a rumored list I read this morning:

Brady Anderson, Manny Alexander, Rick Ankiel, Jeff Bagwell, Barry Bonds, Aaron Boone, Rafaeil Bettancourt, Bret Boone, Milton Bradley, David Bell, Dante Bichette, Albert Belle, Paul Byrd, Wil Cordero, Ken Caminiti, Mike Cameron, Ramon Castro, Jose and Ozzie Canseco, Roger Clemens, Paxton Crawford, Wilson Delgado, Lenn y Dykstra, Johnny Damon, Carl Everett, Kyle Farnsoworth, Ryan Franklin, Troy Glaus, Rich Garces, Jason Grimsley, Eric Gagne, Nomar Garciaparra, Jason Giambi, Jeremy Giambi,  Jose Guillen, Jay Gibbons, Juan Gonzalez, Clay Hensley, Jerry Hairston, Felix Heredia, Jr., Darren Holmes, Wally Joyner, Darryl Kile, Matt Lawton, Raul Mondesi, Mark McGwire, Guillermo Mota, Robert Machado, Damian Moss, Abraham Nunez, Trot Nixon, Jose Offerman, Andy Pettitte, Mark Prior, Neifi Perez, Rafael Palmiero, Albert Pujols, Brian Roberts, Juan Rincon, John Rocker, Pudge Rodriguez, Sammy Sosa, Scott Schoenweiis, David Segui, Alex Sanchez, Gary Sheffield, Miguel Tejada, Julian Tavarez,Fernando Tatis, Maurice Vaughn, Jason Varitek, Ismael Valdez, Matt Williams and Kerry Wood

Read the same list on the same forum you did.  As for all the names listed I really would not be surprised, but i take anything coming from that forum with a grain of salt. 

Im suprised to see Bagwell on there. I know he had bulked up but I wouldnt have ever imagined he would do something illegal though.

Bagwell wouldn't really be a surprise for me honestly.  Looking at the end of his career when he was playing with a very painful shoulder,  there is no way he wan't on something to help with the pain and loss of strength.  That however doesn't mean what he did was illegal.  Very possibly wasn't even against the rules of baseball depending on when he used or if he even really used.  That is my biggest problem with this report.  I mean who really cares who did it now.  Everyone knows a vast majority probably did.  The thing that needs to be done is to keep the game as clean as possible now and in the future.

Read the same list on the same forum you did.  As for all the names listed I really would not be surprised, but i take anything coming from that forum with a grain of salt. 

The list I gave came from a CNBC/WNBC report. MLB officials deny it is the actual list and SI is reporting some different names:

http://www.wnbc.com/news/14845845/detail.html?dl=mainclick

Guest Orangeboy

I didn't see Pujols either? I'm just glad I'm not younger, I think it would bother me more. I hated seeing guys I grew up watching on that list like Lenny "Nails" Dykstra and David Justice. Thought it was kind of funny that Fernando Vina was on the list and served on the Baseball Tonight crew last year that talked so much about steroids.

Official List

Chad Allen

Rick Ankiel

David Bell

Mike Bell

Marvin Benard

Gary Bennett, Jr.

Larry Bigbie

Barry Bonds

Kevin Brown

Paul Byrd

Jose Canseco

Mark Carreon

Jason Christiansen

Howie Clark

Roger Clemens

Jack Cust

Brendan Donnelly

Chris Donnels

Lenny Dykstra

Bobby Estalella

Matt Franco

Ryan Franklin

Eric Gagne

Jason Giambi

Jeremy Giambi

Jay Gibbons

Troy Glaus

Jason Grimsley

Jose Guillen

Jerry Hairston, Jr.

Matt Herges

Phil Hiatt

Glenallen Hill

Darren Holmes

Todd Hundley

David Justice

Chuck Knoblauch

Tim Laker

Mike Lansing

Paul Lo Duca

Exavier "Nook" Logan

Josias Manzanillo

Gary Matthews, Jr.

Mark McGwire

Cody McKay

Kent Mercker

Bart Miadich

Hal Morris

Daniel Naulty

Denny Neagle

Rafael Palmeiro

Jim Parque

Andy Pettitte

Adam Piatt

Todd Pratt

Adam Riggs

Brian Roberts

John Rocker

F.P. Santangelo

Benito Santiago

Scott Schoeneweis

David Segui

Gary Sheffield

Miguel Tejada

Ismael Valdez

Mo Vaughn

Randy Velarde

Ron Villone

Fernando Vina

Rondell White

Jeff Williams

Matt Williams

Todd Williams

Steve Woodard

Kevin Young

Gregg Zaun

Believe it or not I just read a majority of the report on MLB.com and it has details of Roger Clemens being injected at the Toronto dome in those famous hotel rooms inside were he lived. Also he was doing it when he returned to the Astros. It states he could not give the shots so he had his trainer do it and guess who turned on him, but he has still been training roger in 2007. Bad part about it he always lived by his famous workouts and how tough they were and that is what made him able to pitch as long as he did.......failed to mention chemical assistance. Also very detailed as well on Bonds and his injections, and cream.

There is a part on Tejada but no proof of anyone knowing he actually injected it but lots of conversations with him and others about obtaining it.

I think htere probably could have been more mentioned in the report.

This is just a confirmation on how wide spread "cheating" is involved in MLB.

Also....

There are many pitchers mentioned.....

If you eliminate the big hitters from hall of fame nomination, you got to also include the pitchers, unfortunate of who those pitchers are.

What is sad, is what will happen to their bodies as they age.

The steriods will really mess them up later in life.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder