Kountze 107 Diboll 74/FINAL

• Bobcat1 changed the title to Kountze 107 Diboll 74/FINAL
13 hours ago, Coach 01 said:

Halftime

Kountze 49

Diboll 42

Not sure which chapter is calling this game, but it’s hard to watch.

Players with 3 fouls- Warren, Jones, Donald, Johnson, Lowe, and Courts.

Players with 2- Sells, Smart, Barrs

12 hours ago, Coach 01 said:

End of 3

Kountze 79

Diboll 63

Four count is 31-10 and Diboll playing football.

Players with 4- Jones, Warren, Donald, Johnson, and Lowe

I promise I mean this with all due respect, but this is the kind of play I was referencing. Its not a hard reach to believe that teams that press and play physically throughout would find themselves in foul trouble. I realize you guys feel the foul calling in this game was a little excessive, but it does illustrate the discrepancy in officiating when the rules are the same for all of the games. Oddly enough, it came to light during the next game.

If your pressure equates to turnovers, turnovers to points, then you should be able to be up by so much late in the game that the gamble on fouls that you took early, would still pay off by controlling the pace/clock. If a team is able to handle the pressure and keep it close, then the foul count/free throw count should benefit that team because they would have less fouls due to their style of play.

With that being said, I understand the game plan and just like @BBfan061 said, every team has to adjust to the way the refs are calling the game. Consistency has to be on the rules of the game on both ends, not on the foul count itself because that doesnt take into account the styles of play from each team.

With all of that being said, CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU GUYS ON ANOTHER BIG WIN! We will be pulling for yall until we hopefully see you again!

5 hours ago, Cu Chulainn said:

I promise I mean this with all due respect, but this is the kind of play I was referencing. Its not a hard reach to believe that teams that press and play physically throughout would find themselves in foul trouble. I realize you guys feel the foul calling in this game was a little excessive, but it does illustrate the discrepancy in officiating when the rules are the same for all of the games. Oddly enough, it came to light during the next game.

If your pressure equates to turnovers, turnovers to points, then you should be able to be up by so much late in the game that the gamble on fouls that you took early, would still pay off by controlling the pace/clock. If a team is able to handle the pressure and keep it close, then the foul count/free throw count should benefit that team because they would have less fouls due to their style of play.

With that being said, I understand the game plan and just like @BBfan061 said, every team has to adjust to the way the refs are calling the game. Consistency has to be on the rules of the game on both ends, not on the foul count itself because that doesnt take into account the styles of play from each team.

With all of that being said, CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU GUYS ON ANOTHER BIG WIN! We will be pulling for yall until we hopefully see you again!

I know where you are coming from and it’s correct. But the Kountze “physicality” and the Diboll “physicality” weren’t the same. Kountze were being hit with alot of touch fouls, which is part of it, some refs call tight especially with the hands. However, if you have seen Diboll and their style of play this year, they are big and athletic and play that bully ball on offense. The lower your shoulder, put your head down and run the ball down your throat type offense last night. In my opinion, and judging by the foul count, one team got to play their game yesterday and one team was restricted to the amount of pressure they could apply.