Silsbee vs. Jasper Friday!

SilsbeeD

Who will win friday?  

1. 1. Who will win friday?

Jasper Bulldogs will win this game...very quick' date=' and can jump out of the gym![/quote']

I admit I am biased of course. But I have to agree about the quickness of the Dogs. I have only seen them once this year, in their game against Madisonville. Many times Madisonville would make a quick pass to a guy who was wide open, maybe with no one from Jasper within 15 feet or more. Repeatedly, before the guy could even raise the ball into shooting position there would be a Jasper hand in his face. And Madisonville is no slouch. I think they are leading their district at this point after handing Mexia its first district loss in 3 years and knocking off state sixth ranked Fairfield.

Whether the Dogs can keep up with Silsbee, Friday night will tell. I surely wish I could go to this game, but I had already made other comittments. :( It should be a small war.

For those of us who have not seen Silsbee play, what are the heights of Silsbee's taller players? I have read references, but no specifics. Just curious.

Jasper limps along with only one semi-tall guy at 6-5. Just guessing, the remainder appear to be more in the 6-0 to 6-2 range. Of course, some are much shorter than 6-0.

Silsbee's starting five is '5"10, '6"2, '6"3, '6"5, '6"9. They have a couple of players that come off the bench that are '6"3 and '6"4 and the rest are in the '6"0 range. The Tigers go about 10-11 deep. They have the ability to run and gun or play big in the half court game. But their strength is their defence.

As for a prediction, Silsbee wins this game 69-55.

....... But their strength is their defence.

As for a prediction' date=' Silsbee wins this game 69-55.[/quote']

Speaking of defense, what was the Jasper/Silsbee playoff score last year? Something like 30-15 or so as I remember. Maybe 15-11 or so at the half? Speedy guys do not automatically mean a high scoring game.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83