Dayton 43 Livingston 0 Final/Comments

KFDM COOP

Dayton crushes Livingston in 4A, Region III quarters

With just under two minutes to go, Dayton has all but locked up another impressive playoff win, this one at the expense of Livingston. This is the ninth straight win for the Broncos, who will advance to the regional semifinals next weekend.

Scoring summary

DAY -- 1-yard run from Gregory Charles. PAT Kick (Ronnie Powell), 05:17, 1st.

DAY -- A.J. Dugat 66-yard pass from Gregory Charles. PAT Kick (Ronnie Powell), 08:41, 2nd.

DAY -- 1-yard run from Gregory Charles. PAT Kick (Ronnie Powell), 11:26, 2nd.

DAY -- A.J. Dugat 20-yard pass from Gregory Charles. PAT Kick (Ronnie Powell), 05:17, 3rd.

DAY -- Jeffrey Summers 19-yard pass from Gregory Charles. PAT Kick (Ronnie Powell), 08:50, 3rd.

DAY -- 6-yard run from Zach Crowder. PAT 2 Pt Run (Ford Smesny), 04:59, 4th.

Team Stats

Livingston    Dayton

Total yards                  161          393

First downs                    10            20

Rushes/Yds                34/130      35/187

Average rush                3.82        5.34

Comp/Atts                  2/18        9/16

Pass yards                    31          206

Comp pct                    11.11      56.25

Punts                            3              1

Punting Yards              116            28

Punting Average            38.          28

Fumbles/Lost                1/0            1/1

In three playoff games the combined score is...

Dayton 132 Opposition 17

What another great win for Dayton.

The JV plays the whole 4th quarter, and scores a TD while maintaining the shutout.

Dayton continues to roll and the offense is a finely tuned machine, while the defense just doesn't break.

It will be an exciting week next week in DISD!!!

so i said dayton would win by atleast 42 points and livingston wouldn't do anything......i think i was right. dayton was unstoppable tonite. great plays good coaching and they played as a team. props to #9 Zach Crowder for coming in and getting him a rushing TD for his first in the playoffs it was nice and to all the rest of the broncos. Dayton showed a lot of class and showed how much potential they had. The defense was on top of the ball all nite. look forward to state thats all i know

Guest TravelingBandsman

I was at the game and just recently got home. I'm proud of my hometeam for being the first in school history to make a Round 4 appearance. Someone once stated that with every good run, you will hit a bad night. I think tonight was our bad night. At the game, you could tell a lot of things that couldn't be covered here. We missed a few catches, had some trouble on defense for a little while. Livingston made a lot of good drives but once they got inside the 30, we held them back. We had a couple problems but we were still able to pull out a 43-0 win. I think if we come back with a new resolve next week, we can bury Waller.

congrats on another win broncos, u guys r getting better each week. u can

beat a very good waller team next week.option qb # 7 & big runner 19

r keys to their success. we just got beat tonight,but we r now pulling for u guys to go all the way. thanks for the class act team u guys have been this year & good luck to the top. ;D ;D

First off, congrats to Lumberton on a great season.  We sure were hoping for a rematch.  Congrats to Livingston as well. 

As for the game, the offense got it going early with a few wrinkles on some of their basic plays.  The fake QB draw pass to Dugat worked well on the first drive.  Livingston actually changed their defense up throughout the game to try and combat the 4 WR look unlike TC from last week.  Livingston just didn't have the talent to match up with the Bronco Offense and really didn't stop them all night.

Defensively, the Broncos didn't play their best game but were bailed out when Livingston decided to pass uh I mean throw the ball up for grabs.  They were actually able to run the ball fairly well and kept the defense off balance with some wing-t plays followed by 4 wide.  Their 0 points didn't come because they couldn't move the ball but they killed themselves with turnovers.  They had the biggest line I've ever seen on a high school football team though.  2 guys at least 6'6" and another 6'4".  All 5 at least 270.

I haven't seen or heard much about Waller but they're in the regional final so my guess is they don't suck.  Hope to hear more happy news next weekend.

PS - I don't like to get on refs too much because I've done it myself and it's no fun.  However, a dead ball personal foul on an interception return for a touchdown is assessed on the kickoff and not from the spot of the foul (thus negating the touchdown).  Try re-reading the pass interference rules as well because that was one of the poorest overall jobs of officiating I've seen in some time.  Officials out of position, making calls out of position, incorrectly enforcing penalties called, and missing the most blatant pass intereferance in the middle of the field with NO ONE ELSE AROUND!  Aren't the playoffs officiated by the highest graded officials throughout the year?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124