Barbers Hill (21) @ New Caney Porter (27) - FINAL

jdawg03

As far as this game goes, BH lost it more that Porter won it. BH up 21-0 in the 3rd and can't seal the deal? Thats on them! Not the refs, the weather, clerical errors or any such thing. BH is soley responsible for their 2nd half implosion.

Our short swing passes were working great but we could not connect on a long pass to save our lives. Every single one of them were overthrown. All...night...long. Why keep forcing that when you need 3-4 yards? That, and the tackling was terrible.  

Congrats to Porter what a huge win for their team, coaches and Seniors tonight.

BH just wasn’t there tonight. Between home cooking ( I know y’all don’t want to hear that, but there was some terrible calls against BH ) BH QB off on the long throws, two blow coverages allowing 2 big runs for 14 points and the BH coaches just imploding in the 4th and OT! BH up by 21 when the 4th started just absolutely terrible all around. After all of that it looks like somehow we get 2nd seed and a home game next week. Throw this game in the garbage work hard this week and beat McKinney Nirthb!

13 minutes ago, Old Ape said:

21 in 1 quarter vs PORTER!!! Gotta sting! It is what it is. BH is a good offensive team and a below average defensive team. To be fair most teams are nowadays, and BH ain’t been good on D in a minute.

What’s crazy is we are STILL the best defense in the district giving up only 18 points game all year.

10 hours ago, BHFAN said:

Congrats to Porter what a huge win for their team, coaches and Seniors tonight.

BH just wasn’t there tonight. Between home cooking ( I know y’all don’t want to hear that, but there was some terrible calls against BH ) BH QB off on the long throws, two blow coverages allowing 2 big runs for 14 points and the BH coaches just imploding in the 4th and OT! BH up by 21 when the 4th started just absolutely terrible all around. After all of that it looks like somehow we get 2nd seed and a home game next week. Throw this game in the garbage work hard this week and beat McKinney Nirthb!

To me, the greatest issue for BH was on the OL. BH had very large OL but seemed to be lacking on fitness and athleticism. BH OL had hands on hips after the first drive and were not able to do much with Porter DL despite an overwhelming size advantage. 

The 3rd TD by BH was a long throw and (as you indicated) BH did miss a few long throws, but Porter also missed some long throws that were open as well. So, looking objectively, I would not look at the "deep throw" as being the issue.  

***I have not seen a single game this year with "good" officiating. There is no such thing as "home cooking" from officials and Porter could point to some no calls/bad calls as well including a late hit on the QB well out of bounds. Officials do not reside in specific school districts and are compiled from all across the region. 

5 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

To me, the greatest issue for BH was on the OL. BH had very large OL but seemed to be lacking on fitness and athleticism. BH OL had hands on hips after the first drive and were not able to do much with Porter DL despite an overwhelming size advantage. 

The 3rd TD by BH was a long throw and (as you indicated) BH did miss a few long throws, but Porter also missed some long throws that were open as well. So, looking objectively, I would not look at the "deep throw" as being the issue.  

***I have not seen a single game this year with "good" officiating. There is no such thing as "home cooking" from officials and Porter could point to some no calls/bad calls as well including a late hit on the QB well out of bounds. Officials do not reside in specific school districts and are compiled from all across the region. 

Move along.  

2 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

I’m just saying BH got more flags at important times in the game. When Porter got penalized it was always a wash with an offsetting penalty. Home cooking does happen meaning the refs seem to pay more attention to what the visiting team is doing than the home team. If you have never witnessed this you don’t watch football. Also I thought the O line did a pretty good job at least  protecting the QB ,the running game though they weren’t opening holes like the last game. BH beat themselves last night regardless and there is multiple factors that played into that. 

10 hours ago, Old Ape said:

Gotta sting! It is what it is. 

Some say the 2nd seed is a better place to be than the 1st seed. I hope they are right. 

In a weird way, a pissed off BH team entering the playoffs with a bloody nose could work out well.

Lastly, BH sure hopes for more ahead, but an 8-2 regular season is pretty good considering all the injuries the team had to work through. It could have been a total disaster, had BH gone 2-8 instead or something like that.     

BH QB needs to run more. 3rd and 2 late in the game and he could have easily scrambled for 2 instead of throwing two incomplete passes.  I don't know if he has been told not to run but he needs to show it to either get those easy yards or to open up throwing lanes.  I did not see the RB come back in after the fumble either, was he hurt on that play? 

I mean up 21 against a slow time consuming offense the absolute worst thing you can do is give up big play quick scores. The two long runs on btb plays was mind blowing. With that said, if offense punches it in from inside the 5 the game is over at 28-14.  A fail on both sides of the ball. 

And I thought our kicker was decent, not even a thought of taking the points? 

I think many were concerned a bit coming into this game.  To me, it looked like they just didn’t have that “edge” they showed against PAM.  I’m not saying they were flat, but definitely not the edge I’ve seen in the past 2 games!

Gotta hand it to Porter though, they came in with a plan and executed; bad reffing, poor coaching, poor qb decision making and all! 

You just can’t drive the field and fumble on the 2 yd line.  You can’t have 2nd 2 inside the 10 and make QB decisions, and you can’t have 4th and 2 and  drop open passes in the end zone!

Learn from it Eagles and get ready for next week!

O-Line play (specifically run blocking) was non-existent and we gave up on the run too quickly.  The big uglies better get it together.  They seemed like all they wanted to do was sit back shuffle their feet and pass block.  The O-line has to get more aggressive and Fuentes needs to take the opportunity to run the ball when the opportunity presents itself (he is capable…been my opinion all season). The passing stats look great though!