Colorado

navydawg31

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/22/2023 at 11:30 AM, Bulldogs92 said:

I'm a Huskers fan and I 1000% agree that they are out of place in the B1G. They make plenty outside of the media share they get, but moving out wouldn't be fiscally smart even if it means being more visible with a better chance to win.

Sometimes I wonder, and so you I can ask you  so you saying you are a Nebraska fan do you feel like the football team wouldn’t have fell off if they would have stayed in the Big 12? 

2 hours ago, navydawg31 said:

Sometimes I wonder, and so you I can ask you  so you saying you are a Nebraska fan do you feel like the football team wouldn’t have fell off if they would have stayed in the Big 12? 

I think they'd have probably hit this point where they're struggling eventually just because of the way that recruiting has changed, It's tough to get Texas kids up there now unless you have an ace recruiter, closer, etc. They hadn't had one in years. Rhule has those inroads from his time at Baylor and his recruiting class for 2024 has shown that he can do well in Texas. That'd be huge for NU.

At the time that the decision was made, they felt like UT was taking over the Big 12 off the field and that they could make more money in the Big 10, while still competing for conference championships. Pelini was doing a good job getting them to big games those first few years, but they lost them all and he was hard to deal with, so they fired him. I believe they'd still be very competitive had he stayed on board, but it wasn't what the boosters wanted,

Rhule gives them a chance to get back to that level, but it's going to take some time. He knows what he's doing.

1 hour ago, Bulldogs92 said:

I think they'd have probably hit this point where they're struggling eventually just because of the way that recruiting has changed, It's tough to get Texas kids up there now unless you have an ace recruiter, closer, etc. They hadn't had one in years. Rhule has those inroads from his time at Baylor and his recruiting class for 2024 has shown that he can do well in Texas. That'd be huge for NU.

At the time that the decision was made, they felt like UT was taking over the Big 12 off the field and that they could make more money in the Big 10, while still competing for conference championships. Pelini was doing a good job getting them to big games those first few years, but they lost them all and he was hard to deal with, so they fired him. I believe they'd still be very competitive had he stayed on board, but it wasn't what the boosters wanted,

Rhule gives them a chance to get back to that level, but it's going to take some time. He knows what he's doing.

Rhule was a slam dunk hire for NU IMO… he will get them back on track quickly just now if a major Texas College wants him I think he leaves for it for tho… 

2 hours ago, navydawg31 said:

Rhule was a slam dunk hire for NU IMO… he will get them back on track quickly just now if a major Texas College wants him I think he leaves for it for tho… 

Of course A&M and Cal at Austin, but what programs in Texas would he take over Nebraska?  This is quite interesting to ponder. Nebraska is the "thing" for a decently populated state, so it would be interesting to see what school would have the money and clout to draw him if they chose to pursue. 

2 hours ago, myrecordwashorrible said:

Of course A&M and Cal at Austin, but what programs in Texas would he take over Nebraska?  This is quite interesting to ponder. Nebraska is the "thing" for a decently populated state, so it would be interesting to see what school would have the money and clout to draw him if they chose to pursue. 

Well he never sold his home in Waco he loved Baylor and they put him on a pedestal there. The expectations aren’t as high at Baylor than Nebraska. And  you will be surprised but SMU going to ACC is very very intriguing to a coach like him. They are back in a major confrence, plus the boosters and only school in Texas/ middle of an America boosting ACC I see them as a school that could have great success. 

7 hours ago, navydawg31 said:

I don't know if he'd leave NU for quite a while if he wins there. After the whole thing in Carolina didn't work, he wanted to go somewhere that he'd be able to build and stay for a while. Nebraska football is everything in that state, so he'll still be high-profile as long as he's in Lincoln. If he gets it rolling there at some point, it'll be tough for him to leave or for HUskers fans to want him to leave.

You're right, though. Anything can happen as there's no loyalty in sports anymore. 

9 hours ago, Bulldogs92 said:

I don't know if he'd leave NU for quite a while if he wins there. After the whole thing in Carolina didn't work, he wanted to go somewhere that he'd be able to build and stay for a while. Nebraska football is everything in that state, so he'll still be high-profile as long as he's in Lincoln. If he gets it rolling there at some point, it'll be tough for him to leave or for HUskers fans to want him to leave.

You're right, though. Anything can happen as there's no loyalty in sports anymore. 

Absolutely no loyalty…